Averitt | It would be nice if?

Pantherman1991

TB Lurker
Credits
Our pay and vacation would get in line with other carriers...And they wonder why no one with any driving time tries to get on ,back in the good ol days they told us how many applications come in every week.....Now it take new hires 3 years to get full holiday pay that is a joke..It would be nice to come to work and not hear alot of complaining ,but that will never change anyway Happy New Year to all and i guess we will make the most of it ..

You are correct on "that" never changing, we all should have understood the what we were getting into when we hired on, I know I did." Happy New Year " to you too !

Last edited by a moderator:
Until Richard and the rest of the deadwood in Kookvegas exits stage left, there will be no changes. Maybe I will still be here when we will finally see improvements after all of these many years.

We should be receiving 4 weeks of vacation after 4 years, period. After 20 years and we want to take days and weeks off that should be allowed as well without the kindergartenish attendance points. Silliest program I have ever seen but look at where it originates; a place in Tennessee that holds a #$%^ parade when they opened up a Walmart.

The bottom line is Averitt topped the one billion in revenue for 2013 ...Its time for a hot dog lunch,pay raise and another week vacation ...

You have to understand there is very little turn over on the LTL side...the Truck Load side has the machinery in place to keep a steady flow of new drivers coming in to replace the drivers that quit...they even pay new recruits to sit home and wait for a truck to become available...they have no incentive to raise
pay or give more vacation time...

All i am saying in 20+ years working here we used to be in the ballpark...I know they have 40 to 50 new hires every week mostly for truckload and thats a joke..This company is making money more than they are letting on ...We have fell to the bottom other companys have come off the hip when they did not have to..

Cheap outfit. Nuff said.

Oh they gave us all of these new tractors. I'd drive my '06 with 1.5 million for a "decent" and "well-deserved" raise.

Preach it bro...Its really a good company a lot of good folks to work with...But they need to step up and get in the ball park...

Ever hear the saying "Wish in one hand......" This applies here.

Until they rid us from Richard and the gang, we will never see the parking lot, much less the ballpark.