Averitt | It's a new year......

rnsgn

TB Lurker
Credits
Since it's the beginnin of the year for those who need uniforms dont forget the $$$ went into your cintas acct as of the first. You can order or wait til the new styles to come out later in the year (if they have any).
I know I'm not one to stay up on top of things but recently I learned they had an AT&T discount, they may have had it for years and I didnt realize it.

I continue to stockpile the socks, the only item that will be of use to me during retirement. What I don't use can be willed to my heirs.

I only wish underwear was available, as any color would work equally well.

I continue to stockpile the socks, the only item that will be of use to me during retirement. What I don't use can be willed to my heirs.

I thought guys like you ....went COMMANDO!

No doubt they will drop us, business is business. I also believe that home every weekend for TRUCKLOAD is going to be a thing of the past......THANKYOU drivers who are currently staying out for giving LEADERSHIP the incentive to do this to the rest of us!
I HOPE THIS IS MY LAST YEAR IN TRUCKING, ESPECIALLY DRIVING FOR AVERITT!

Weekends off are no longer weekends off it is now 34 hours off and often not even that...new signs on the back of new trailers..."Home weekly"...the load planners calculate when you get home then calculate 34 hours and back you up on a load...I went 3 weeks once with no restart ran on the recap...for 3 weeks I asked for a little more home time they could have not cared less..."You get home when we say, you leave home when we say" is the new attitude...

I also believe that home every weekend for TRUCKLOAD is going to be a thing of the past.
It already is. I dropped a Petco load going to ORL in TIF on Friday the 27th. Straight back to Braselton to get Garland TX for Monday the 30th. Spent New Years Eve going from Grand Prairie to BTR.

All that after getting home early Christmas morning and getting a call on the 26th. No apt set on this SC load I picked up Friday in Westlake LA, but told to call in at 0600 Monday morning, after rolling in yesterday. Aside from the 34 hours at Christmas, I've worked 14 days.

I had it better at the old outlaw outfit I came from running the west coast. At least I could count on a few days off after making a 7-10 day run. But I was promised a family atmosphere with ample home time at Averitt. To be fair, that proved true for quite a few years, but it no longer holds true. There is a palpable change in the air.

My morale is at an all time low and am seriously weighing my options which are limited at this stage of my career and my location. I keep telling myself it can't be any worse than my last four years in the Army, but having my doubts about that too.

You are absolutely right…When I started over 10 years they were actually concerned with your quality of home time…that's all gone now…especially with these e-logs…"The government says your legal to run, you run" so if you deliver at 8am and hit on a overnight LTL well you have your 10 hour break…"Sorry driver you're legal" with no concern if you have rested or not…"You're legal"...

You are absolutely right…When I started over 10 years they were actually concerned with your quality of home time…that's all gone now…especially with these e-logs…"The government says your legal to run, you run" so if you deliver at 8am and hit on a overnight LTL well you have your 10 hour break…"Sorry driver you're legal" with no concern if you have rested or not…"You're legal"...

The wave of student drivers isn't going to complain about anything. They think this is normal because they don't have anything to compare it to and are grateful to Averitt for giving them a .32 cpm job right out of school.

It's the same way changes take place in our society by indoctrinating the young people and ignoring the older ones who won't be around long enough to worry about anyway.

I tried the socks for the first time this year, man I love them, thick and comfortable. And for our insurance situation, we are good, Marsha explain that after being mandated to pay a third party to examine our current plan we received a governmental green light and blessing that our plan was excellent, but we still must pay a 1 million fee to the feds for simply being compliant, that is crazy but we need to be thankful our insurance is a cheap as it is.

1TT1 and Ricky Ricardo, I cant disagree with either of you, next month I start my 11th year here, this is not the same company for sure. Being 62, moving on to another company is no longer a option. My current ride is the LAST one, working here is no longer enjoyable, so I just trudge along, do my job, and go home. If they think I'm staying out 2 weeks, I'll just call it quits!

1TT1 and Ricky Ricardo, I cant disagree with either of you, next month I start my 11th year here, this is not the same company for sure. Being 62, moving on to another company is no longer a option. My current ride is the LAST one, working here is no longer enjoyable, so I just trudge along, do my job, and go home. If they think I'm staying out 2 weeks, I'll just call it quits!
After giving up my 2013 because I had to be out for surgery, I thought they could have done better than stick me in the oldest truck in the fleet when I came back. Some appreciation huh? I bet somebody straight out of orientation went into my old truck.
I collected 15 hours breakdown time last week and it still has its problems. But I decided I will stay in the POS until they sell it. I got home about six hours sooner using paper this weekend than I would have on elogs and not playing the other games worrying about where to park the night before pu/del etc.

I'm basically just here for the health insurance now.

Underwear only comes in red like every $#%^& thing else.

Kiss your health care good by guys...Gary ain't that stupid...welcome to Obamas America...
We will find that news out this summer, you can count on it. I WILL NOT purchase obamacare today, next year, NOT EVER. obama should be imprisoned for the damage he has inflicted.

I tried the socks for the first time this year, man I love them, thick and comfortable. And for our insurance situation, we are good, Marsha explain that after being mandated to pay a third party to examine our current plan we received a governmental green light and blessing that our plan was excellent, but we still must pay a 1 million fee to the feds for simply being compliant, that is crazy but we need to be thankful our insurance is a cheap as it is.

If you believe that you are smoking something weird. Marsha has been told by dick and the boys EXACTLY how to respond to these questions and evidently she is doing what she was told as she has sold it to you. By the time enrollment rolls around for 2015, bye bye insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
They saved a few bucks buying spring ride trailers...do you believe for one second they won't drop insurance if they think they can save money?