XPO | It's about to get ugly

Why are we arguing who does FRT best YRC, CONWAY, OLD D, fed ex loosing and upsf also , they will be out of frt soon They like to make MILLIONS per quarter not loose MILLIONS! Share holders will intrest and get out of FRT! They do envelopes and pkg's next day etc.

FedEx Freight and UPS Freight can lose money consistently and barely dent the bottom line for years to come...they aren't going away anytime soon!

Rat

FedEx Freight and UPS Freight can lose money consistently and barely dent the bottom line for years to come...they aren't going away anytime soon!

While this might be true, the parent corporation of those companies won't let losses continue indefinitely. This is not an ego trip for them, they are in it for the profit.

While this might be true, the parent corporation of those companies won't let losses continue indefinitely. This is not an ego trip for them, they are in it for the profit.

True...they are in it for the money.

My point is they can lose money for a long time before becoming profitable and withstand the losses much better than a company that only has one profit center.

FedEx and UPS are in a much better position to ride out the storm than other companies...plus they have the financial resources to expand as they see fit..

A luxury other companies may not have.

$0.02

Rat

But they won't keep losing as evidence of the merger of the two divisions at FedEx. Weathering the storm was what everyone was doing for the last two years. These companies will have to start changing things as this business environment seems to be the new normal for now. They (all LTL's) will have to make changes in order to satisfy the investors. Their investors can and will leave them in seconds otherwise, and I suspect they are becoming impatient and want to see some upward movement.

But they won't keep losing as evidence of the merger of the two divisions at FedEx. Weathering the storm was what everyone was doing for the last two years. These companies will have to start changing things as this business environment seems to be the new normal for now. They (all LTL's) will have to make changes in order to satisfy the investors. Their investors can and will leave them in seconds otherwise, and I suspect they are becoming impatient and want to see some upward movement.

Hit the nail on the head. I think that's one reason CNWY went to decking trailers. Everyone was anticipating YRC's demise last year. It hasn't happened yet. Now its time to tweak what they have...

We cannot even come close to competing with FEDEX and/or UPS. So, let's don't try.

We cannot even come close to competing with FEDEX and/or UPS. So, let's don't try.

We cannot compete with FXF when it comes to volume but we can definitly compete with them when it comes to service. We can run circles around UPSF, they really are not big players, YET...

We cannot compete with FXF when it comes to volume but we can definitly compete with them when it comes to service. We can run circles around UPSF, they really are not big players, YET...

Enjoy it while it last. Wait you guys can't compete with our service with contract carriers. We use Conway truckload. lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy it while it last. Wait you guys can't compete with our service with contract carriers. We use Conway truckload. lol!

Thats so funny that you guys use our Truckload. It seems like we hardly use them at all anymore. Go figure:wtflol:

Thats so funny that you guys use our Truckload. It seems like we hardly use them at all anymore. Go figure:wtflol:

I know I crack up every time I see one in our yard. As long as UPS makes money they wouldn't care if FedEx hauled it. lol!

I've seen fedex ground trailer in the dock door twice last year in Houston at the UPSF yard it was either gettin loaded or unloaded

Last edited by a moderator:
Get back to basics

everyone is responsible for these antics and the situation, when times are rough we want more, everyone knows since de-regulation the pricing situation is out of hand, whether union or non-union. What other business gives out 90% discounts based on old czar lite bases, YRC, FEDEX, UPS OLD DOM, and everyone is guilty in buying the business, no ethics or accountability for the bottom line. Create value not a commodity service, everyone here is responsible from the top down, give your customers more, don't devalue what we do. Perception is change. Second 3PL's destroy the bottom line, set a bar and stay with it, don't give up your bottom line for market share especially when its not profitable.

just watch out when fed x is done with there merger which was in the making long before the economy tanked the transit times for moving freight will be at a level no one will be able to compete with.

just watch out when fed x is done with there merger which was in the making long before the economy tanked the transit times for moving freight will be at a level no one will be able to compete with.

OH YEAH! Well we will just see about that. UPSF RULES!

They may streamline their operation and move a few lanes faster than before. I would only note to all that at 60 mph you can only move freight so far,no matter who's name is on the door.
All money savings ( real reason for merger) is from duplication of service and cut labor costs. When it is all said and done you will see another round of small changes and elimination of more labor costs = Job loss
Good Luck to all