XPO | It's about to get ugly

Chicago 309

with yrcw's vote on sunday basically surrendering their union to the corporate gods now abf wants their turn. Abf files class action against yrcw and the ibt. How ugly do you think this can get.

Read the letter here ...ceo letter to employees | abf legal action

not ugly at all these mesters sheepsters yes man hav handed over thier balls a long time ago they hav no backing from any one. It's over

In the long run this well affect us all...I fear it will become a real can of worms for a while and then get very ugly for us....

We get a "competitive" compensation package. If the competition gets less, we get less. Maybe not immediately, but in the long run.

We get a "competitive" compensation package. If the competition gets less, we get less. Maybe not immediately, but in the long run.

So your saying YRC is our only competition????What about Fed-ex,UPS Freight,Old Dominion and ABF??Dont they account for something???

Everyone will get less. There is nothing in place to arrest a race to the bottom. Not only that, Hellicopter Ben Bernacke at the Federal Reserve is about to start carpet bombing us. Value of the dollar down, commodities up,(oil up $1.40 a barrel this morning), inflation is on it's way. Get rid of that big gas guzzler pickup while you can.

Also blaming how many MILLIONS of bottom line lost to restoring what was owed and given back (RIGHTFULLY) back to a co. making money. remember we are all in this together FED EX and UPSF have big owners with ALOT of CASH! they can bury YRC and CONWAY!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone will get less. There is nothing in place to arrest a race to the bottom. Not only that, Hellicopter Ben Bernacke at the Federal Reserve is about to start carpet bombing us. Value of the dollar down, commodities up,(oil up $1.40 a barrel this morning), inflation is on it's way. Get rid of that big gas guzzler pickup while you can.

Also blaming how many MILLIONS of bottom line lost to restoring what was owed and given back (RIGHTFULLY) back to a co. making money. remember we are all in this together FED EX and UPSF have big owners with ALOT of CASH! they can bury YRC and CONWAY!

Guess ill just hang it up now and go work for McDonalds......Seeing how what ever YRC does means well do next...One question.IF you guys are so unhappy and optamistick about the negativity in Con-Way, Why do you still work here??Ive been with this company almost 19 years and have seen the ::shit:: hit the fan many of times..Given up pay raises,bonuses and yes the almighty 5% giveback...Am or was i happy about it???No By far...BUT if you guys think its the end of the world just because YRC does this and YRC does that why dont you guys go work for them???At least if your vested youll have a pension..And IF Fed-Ex and UPSF can bury YRC and us why didnt they do it when they had the chance????

Guess ill just hang it up now and go work for McDonalds......Seeing how what ever YRC does means well do next...One question.IF you guys are so unhappy and optamistick about the negativity in Con-Way, Why do you still work here??Ive been with this company almost 19 years and have seen the ::shit:: hit the fan many of times..Given up pay raises,bonuses and yes the almighty 5% giveback...Am or was i happy about it???No By far...BUT if you guys think its the end of the world just because YRC does this and YRC does that why dont you guys go work for them???At least if your vested youll have a pension..And IF Fed-Ex and UPSF can bury YRC and us why didnt they do it when they had the chance????
Because they're patient.

Because they know our OWN Management will bury us!!

Why are we arguing who does FRT best YRC, CONWAY, OLD D, fed ex loosing and upsf also , they will be out of frt soon They like to make MILLIONS per quarter not loose MILLIONS! Share holders will intrest and get out of FRT! They do envelopes and pkg's next day etc.

There is something to arrest the race to the bottom, it's called the labor market and it's laws apply to all LTL's

What the guy is telling you, is without the union companies your wages and benefits will suffer. More than the last change in your health care and pension. Remember your making a good wage to keep you faithful to Conway. with out YRC and ABF the sky is the limit to what they can take from you. I know first hand what Conway is all about. I worked several years for Conway and had to get out. If your happy at Conway that's good for you. I wish everybody good luck in what ever happens to this industry. Because it's getting tough out there.

What the guy is telling you, is without the union companies your wages and benefits will suffer. More than the last change in your health care and pension. Remember your making a good wage to keep you faithful to Conway. with out YRC and ABF the sky is the limit to what they can take from you. I know first hand what Conway is all about. I worked several years for Conway and had to get out. If your happy at Conway that's good for you. I wish everybody good luck in what ever happens to this industry. Because it's getting tough out there.

I understand what they are trying to tell me,I have been with Conway since 1992,so i also know what they are about, BUT if Conway wants to take, they are gonna take,They dont need YRC or ABF around to do so..and also, with all the other freight companys out there what makes you think if YRC were to fall Conway would automatically cut the pay scale and benefits???..We took a 5% cut because our so called CEO decided he was gonna capitalize on our behalf,Kinda funny we took the cut and He was the highest paid CEO in the LTL industry..Made more than UPS and the FDX CEOs...Guess thats why he isnt working here anymore...Yes we have been put through alot of ::shit:: with this company and will probley go through more..BUT with companies like FDX and UPSF(which is a union company) around we now have a new set of players setting the bar IMO..I could be and am probebly wrong and im sure the professionals will chime in and try to prove it to me but so be it...I do have to laugh though,All these discrental and unhappy drivers can come on here and **** a ***** but did they ever stop and think instead of pissing and moaning maybe do something to make a difference instead..If everybodys so unhappy why are they still working here???Guess theres something in it for them besides a paycheck seeing our competitors are looking for drivers...Your right it is getting tough out there,BUT thats everywhere right now,not just the freight industry...Take care my friend and good luck to you also..

When the time is right the shovels will come out and dig the hole!!!