TForce | It's Driver Appreciation Week. What Has Brown Done For You?

Crumudgeon

Guru of the Gobblydeguk Constitutionalist
PREMIUM
Credits
Last year we got a bottle of water, and a pack of crackers......... Outdo that.........

We had a driver lose his 21 yr old son last week, can you believe the Company doesn't allow a collection in tribute, nor do they any longer send flowers to the service in respect. When my parents passed away they both received very nice arrangements, in fact in 1999 for my Mom the one from Overnite was probably the nicest one in the group. That meant a lot to me.. A little off my topic but still in the "appreciation" topic.

That's strange---my terminal does collections from time to time with no backlash. Or management wasn't aware of it----or they didn't care.....

Ours didn’t start until Friday. It was such a pathetic display of appreciation.
They preach about eating healthy, cutting carbs and sugar at our barn, yet they hastily run to a donut shop to appease us in a last ditch attempt of “we didn’t forget’.

At the end of the day....as predicted....a few boxes of fruit just tossed on a counter with gnats flying around.

We really didn’t expect anything special from local management after Monday, we just wondered when they would remember. It took a couple drivers to say something.