FedEx Freight | It's not funny anymore.

[quote author=Franklin link=topic=79830.msg827707#msg827707 date=1273192963]
[quote author=Roadtrip link=topic=79830.msg827391#msg827391 date=1273104473]
I am glad I am 30 miles south, in Tacoma, we have very good leadership. I guess Seattle should follow it's little brother to the south's lead. Sorry to hear about your (and all the other folks in Seattle) situation, I have heard rumblings about that place for a while, its too bad when going to work is something you dread.
[/quote]

Well, first of all, if you're in Tacoma, you're 17 miles south of the Seattle SC, not 30..

Second, if you think we have "very good leadership", then you have never had very good leadership. What we have here is a lack of leadership. The problem with Seattle is that they are a Hub and they put someone in place that shouldn't be where they are. Simple.

But to say we have good leadership shows that you don't know what that is. Our SCM has a 50' radius from his computer. He makes it as far as dispatch. And that's good for the rest of us.

I wish you knew what it was like to work for someone that you would go the extra mile for because you knew he/she would appreciate it. If you do it now, you take the chance of screwing up and you're on your own. Even if you do well, no one gives a sh*t. Watch your ass and that's all that matters. No one there cares if you go above and beyond. They'll only care if you screw it up.
[/quote]

I'm not going to split hairs here but compared to my past jobs, a couple of them have been with major corporations, what we have in Tacoma is far better than what it could be. Is it perfect? No, but find me a job that is. We have survived a major financial crisis and we are all still working, I suppose that is more a result of the "brand" than anything else. I for one, feel fortunate to have a job where your days pay is for a fair days work. As for overtime, I've been screwed far worse at other places so I'm not complaining (OK, I do complain to my wife and friends but complaining will do nothing but make one bitter and resentful so I see no reason for it. Complaining will NOT solve the problem, it only further damages morale.) I don't need a pat on the back every time I go "above and beyond," I just do the job as well as I can all the time, I'm not trying to impress anyone. I guess I'm lucky, I've been around the block and in my case the grass really was greener on the other side, I'm sorry that's not the case for you.

So has anyone talked to Mike F the regional managing director? He started out as a linedriver at Viking. When he was SCM at SAC he was always a very fair straight shooter. I would be shocked if he really knew what was going on and condoned it.

[quote author=hairbear link=topic=79830.msg827979#msg827979 date=1273292258]
So has anyone talked to Mike F the regional managing director? He started out as a linedriver at Viking. When he was SCM at SAC he was always a very fair straight shooter. I would be shocked if he really knew what was going on and condoned it.
[/quote]

I've heard he's a square shooter. Most of the time. I heard that he let a certain SCM slide when he had him nailed of changing someone's time card so they wouldn't get paid after being told they would.

On other occasions I've heard that he usually backs the supervisor when push comes to shove.

I think whats needed here is a deluge of phone calls to HR, get names of who you talk to and let the SCM in Seattle know. This is EXACTLY the kind of person that will bring the union in here. I know enough guys who want to use the U to punish FedEx as it is. And that's a real thing. If FedEx condones this type of behavior from one of the front line guys, the U will have a cake walk. Maybe they should put someone on the dock undercover so they can see first hand. Have the guy move slow, screw up the computer a few times and see what happens. "Undercover Boss".

And to think, I will probably get to enjoy his lovely personality in about 3 weeks. Lucky me! I have has twin right now in MED. If it wasn't for him, I'd stay on that run. O'well, at least I have a job! LMAO. Or so they tell me! :poke:

[quote author=hairbear link=topic=79830.msg827979#msg827979 date=1273292258]
[/quote]
Mike F has has at least one sit down face-to-face meeting with this gentlemen, and he flat out lied straight to his face. I've heard rumors to the fact that wishing he was gone by all involved is an understatement. Calls to HR seem to fall on deaf ears. Infractions that would have caused imediate termination before are now ignored, and I can personaly attest to that fact.

If you don't like it why don't you just leave.

That's nice now we have no one that will listen to the drivers .

:rant: It gets better and better every day here...

I know , I know , If you don't like it why don't you just leave.

HEY ! let's make that the new company motto.

Re: If you don't like it why don't you just leave.

[quote author=SMOKESTACK link=topic=79830.msg831124#msg831124 date=1274266370]
That's nice now we have no one that will listen to the drivers .

:rant: It gets better and better every day here...

I know , I know , If you don't like it why don't you just leave.

HEY ! let's make that the new company motto.
[/quote]

Great idea, that could take the place of (have fun), cause that went out the window quite a while ago. :thumbsup:

Well, let's hope the new regime will take a different approach.

I'm not holding my breath. In regards to this douche in Seattle, has anyone used the words "Hostile work environment" to HR yet? Has anyone gone above HR? Has anyone gone above Mike F?

You have to use the language that will get attention in a court of law. You also have to document, document and document. Everyone working under this tyrant needs to be keeping a journal. Someone should be saving this thread also.

If you have documentation, and the other party does not, they will listen to your story with more attention than their's.

Thank You

A great big thank you to the people who read this thread and acted on it. Especially, those of you who can't admit to it! HR has visited SEA and addressed the problem. It did somewhat restore a small fraction of faith in the company. :thumbsup: :dance:

Re: Thank You

[quote author=FourDigitViking link=topic=79830.msg831834#msg831834 date=1274495796]
A great big thank you to the people who read this thread and acted on it. Especially, those of you who can't admit to it! HR has visited SEA and addressed the problem. It did somewhat restore a small fraction of faith in the company. :thumbsup: :dance:
[/quote]

Addressed it how? Took him to lunch? Promote him? Pat you all on the back?

"FourDigitViking" said:
A great big thank you to the people who read this thread and acted on it. Especially, those of you who can't admit to it! HR has visited SEA and addressed the problem. It did somewhat restore a small fraction of faith in the company.

It was amazing how quick things started to change after I posted some things about my center. The very next day literally.

THANK YOU G.O.

:thumbsup: I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONALLY THANK YOU GUYS FOR THE HELP DIRECTED TO OUR PEOPLE OUT IN SEA ! THANK YOU FOR BEING PART OF THE WEB SITE AND LOOKING IN ON US HERE . (You know who you are lurking in the shadows my friends , thanks again .)

I hope it did some good.

I also hope that the newest regime will let it's supervisors know that the type of attitude and deportment this douche shows is not going to be tolerated.

I'd like to know whatever happened to the douche bags in Montana who conspired to get a 20+ year employee fired. The dispatcher telling his employees to lie, keeping legal documents from the employee so they could say he lied on them, lying to the employees about mechanical (safety) concerns.

Probably nothing.

But good for Seattle. I hope there's change.

Re: It's not funny anymore. Update.

Much like a Catholic priest he will be reassigned to a different shift next month where he can start of with a new group of "boys". This was in motion before the visit from HR, but its still very convenient.

Keep calling H.R. on him and keep this thread alive with updates on him .

Yall are talking about the dude that looks like Mike Ditka right?

We had a douchebag SCM....he created the same hostile environment as in SEA. He is now unemployed.....what comes around goes around. :busted:

he is the one that came from eug. call H.R. and stand your ground. I know the guy very well. did a layover there for 2.5 years. seen it first hand. he walks around with his chest puffed out and thinks he is gods right hand man. needs knocked down a peg or two. :tribe:

Monday will be a new day.

Aforementioned mgr will be on his new shift, hopefully with his new attitude in tact, and we will start afresh :kicking:.