It's time for NW/Colorado Rockies Baseball

Hookman

Just passing thru on my way home
PREMIUM
Credits
nw-rockies-tractor.md.jpg For all the former NW folks I thought you might like the picture a slow blast from the past. Remember when Jerry McMorris gave us the speal that he was joining his baseball team to NW & we're family now. Oh well lied to again. Enjoy or cuss the tractor but lift a glass to one another & here's hoping the Rockies go 0-162 this year. May all be well with you. What speed demons those tractors were. Lol

Last edited:
Major League Baseball allowed NW ( Jerry McMorris) to put the Rockies logo on a few units. Notice the visor, tractor was to resemble a ball cap. :guinesssmilie:

nw-rockies-tractor.md.jpg For all the former NW folks I thought you might like the picture a slow blast from the past. Remember when Jerry McMorris gave us the speal that he was joining his baseball team to NW & we're family now. Oh well lied to again. Enjoy or cuss the tractor but lift a glass to one another & here's hoping the Rockies go 0-162 this year. May all be well with you. What speed demons those tractors were. Lol
57 mph across the plains ,Oh and Dallas line haul were 65 mph lol.

My guess ,Jerry never gave out free tickets to employees ,Only customers
The first time the Rockies played in Dodger stadium minons from So Cal got tickets. From what I heard ole Jerry sat in a owners box & didn't even acknowledge them. It was always known he didn't like truck drivers.

The first time the Rockies played in Dodger stadium minons from So Cal got tickets. From what I heard ole Jerry sat in a owners box & didn't even acknowledge them. It was always known he didn't like truck drivers.
I wonder if Todd Helton still hangs around the Rockies?
He was backup Q-back to Payton Manning at Tenn.

I didn't know that about Helton. I know McMorris got the boot eventually from the Rockies.
I remember Helton gave up some of his pay so they could stay under their salary cap, not many are that dedicated.

65? That must have been downhill in hillbilly overdrive. Most I ever got out of one was 58.
If you ever worked out of Dallas ,There trucks were 65..If you had a friend in the shop at commerce city ,you could get a stinger,,Or a jumper.And go as fast as you wanted.If you were a newbie ,forgettabout it

If you ever worked out of Dallas ,There trucks were 65..If you had a friend in the shop at commerce city ,you could get a stinger,,Or a jumper.And go as fast as you wanted.If you were a newbie ,forgettabo
Years ago when Ryder acquired T S C, they had a problem with drivers tampering with governors.
The big safety man from Jax was riding on a long Texas stretch one night when he saw a Ryder on the side.
He turned around and found the Houston safety man holding a flashlight for the driver to turn the fuel on a B model Mack.

Last edited:
If you ever worked out of Dallas ,There trucks were 65..If you had a friend in the shop at commerce city ,you could get a stinger,,Or a jumper.And go as fast as you wanted.If you were a newbie ,forgettabout it
I worked local in so cal & we had 4 retired units for heavy duty & our shops wouldn't touch them.

How many drivers were on the line board in Dallas?