J-1 Terminal leaves co.

Companies that offer time and a half would never let their drivers work 70 hours. Their operational costs would be through the roof! Those type of companies limit their drivers to very little overtime. Face it, you will make more $$ working 70 hours straight time than the 45-50 hours with time and a half pay. Name a company that allows ALL drivers to work 70 hours EVERY week at time and a half.

Companies that offer time and a half would never let their drivers work 70 hours. Their operational costs would be through the roof! Those type of companies limit their drivers to very little overtime. Face it, you will make more $$ working 70 hours straight time than the 45-50 hours with time and a half pay. Name a company that allows ALL drivers to work 70 hours EVERY week at time and a half.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one DelancoDude.

I know many Yellow, Roadway, ABF and New Penn, Holland, etc..... drivers that are currently working 50-60 hours a week and thats all overtime after 8 per day.

The reality is that for the companies mentioned above it actually costs about the same per hour after 40 hours to pay overtime as it does to bring another man in. The biggest difference is that they can keep a man on overtime anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours. If they bring someone in, they owe him 8 hours pay.

When you look at it that way you'll realize it's actually cheaper to pay the overtime than it is to bring someone else in.

you dont no about others ltl companys do you.:hysterical:

Explain that to Mr. Gabbydaddy he seems to think the drivers make enough without overtime,there is no such thing as enough pay!! compare 70 hrs at straight time with 70 hours with 30 hours of overtime WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE????

Where did I say that? My post here refers to cleaning up the dock. I really don't have any interest in any wage argument.

My opinion is that you go to work and make your money. If you don't like it, go to where you will. This applies to any job any where. It's what the market will bear.

The only way to resolve the pay problems is to have trucking companys covered under the fair labor standards act.I think thats what its called.Anyway,transoprtation and farmers are exempt.That is a federal issue

not only that jevic is not a spoke and hub and it is also a break bulk co. so you figure it out it would cost more to open more terminals to keep guys down to a 40 hr work week

also look at it this way, the better money you give to employee's, the happier they are. and you will get a better quality of new hire because you can offer better pay. BUT here is the problem ,with this industry we are all going after the same frt. and we keep pricing our selfs out. one day i hope it will all come together, and the trucking co. will stand up and say no this is the price take it or leave and nobody under cut the rates but as you know it is a pipe dream.

Hey guys You have to pick up the pace I hurt my knee at j1 Fry nite { the 13} Will be getting some time off This really sucks being home and not being to do anything . Comp Dr. is really draging thier feet to get me in to get a mri Will probably be on here alot keeping up with the bs Please keep me up to date with whats going on Be safe out there an good trucking Mayflower

No one is forcing anyone to drive a truck for Jevic or any other company. You're free to leave. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

I don't work for Jevic so your right i am free
I just don't see how anyone even a company man would work 70 hours for straight time. but then again that's why I am union.

I don't work for Jevic so your right i am free
I just don't see how anyone even a company man would work 70 hours for straight time. but then again that's why I am union.

you are right a company that dont pay time an half after 8 an 40 hour is getting cheap labor to do there work this is not MEXICO.

work week

Well George I see you have been introduced to the slave ship Jevic 70 is not the norm for a real ltl company. I put 14 1/2 years on the ship but now if i work those kind of hours now buddy I GET PAID!!!!!!!!!!

So go play over on your own company board. Or are you just a trouble starting troll?

That would include Headcover. Here to cause trouble. Nothing of any value to say...

blah blah...slave drivers...blah blah...I make more money now, but I got to log on here cause I have no life...blah blah blah....

No one is forcing anyone to drive a truck for Jevic or any other company. You're free to leave. Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
I really do enjoy working for Jevic. But its that kind of attitude that galls me. It would be a better place to work if everyone worked together to make things better. Not tell people to leave if you're not happy. I am making a decent living, But it could be better. Its pretty bad when you are an LTL company but management tries to compare your wages with truck load carriers. Sure we make a hell of a lot more than JB Hunt, Swift and those. But our wages are way out of line with other Non-Union LTL companies. FedEx Freight. Con-Way Freight. FedEx National LTL, and probably others too. We not only make less than all of those companies. They do not pay their Shuttle Drivers less per mile than the other drivers.

I think you have to keep in perspective that Matt and I are responding to flamers who come on here and trash us. It isn't about an attitude to our own co-workers. We value our drivers. Ask anyone who knows me, any time a guy needs some hats for customers, etc, I drop what I'm doing and get them what I can.

Recently I was in comunication with the #1 Driver regarding a competitor in one of our accounts.

If you go back to post history, the "nasty" responses are to defend us against some of the banana brains :funky: , who come here to stir things up.