Yellow | James Welch finds new gig

Uncle Trip , anything is up for changes in trucking now with the severe of GOOD Driver's like you & me & my partner & other Coop p.t. Driver's , really thinking going to be seeing many changes in next few years !https://www.careersingear.com/blog/trucking-companies-merge-does-this-effect-industry-11122
Not to rain on your parade, there, Wong. But Schneider screwed the Teamsters a lot harder than YRC ever has. Schneider Transport and Schneider Tank, their union divisions, are not allowed to hire unless the hire-on is a relative of an existing employee. The last I heard, Schneider Transport had less than a handful of drivers left and Schneider Tank was under ten. Schneider National Carriers is the only entity allowed to hire, and they do all the same work.

And Schneider isn't going to lose 15% either, because they don't have a billion dollars in debt like YRC. In fact, Schneider has given raises to their drivers recently because they can't hire enough people.

Blaming Welch and Pierson for what Dollar Bill did isn't really fair, Wong. They were left with the pile of poop that he crapped out. You know that. And demanding your money back isn't going to change the billion dollar noose that Bill Zollars hung the whole company with.

You know what might get your money back a lot sooner though? If everyone stopped destroying freight because they're mad. Get that OR down at all YRC carriers (that includes Holland, whose record has been slipping lately) and help that debt get paid.

You gotta remember, union job or not, everyone at YRCW works for the bank. The bank is gonna look at a 0.97 OR and wonder if that's worth paying for. YRCF and NPME are so close to not making money that it's terrifying. If Holland keeps slipping, the claim of being "what's keeping YRC alive" won't mean anything.

And remember, if YRC goes down, it hurts the whole industry. Fewer union jobs, fewer jobs with good benefits, and a bunch of drivers looking for work will relieve the upward pressure that's currently on wages. The death of YRC would cost drivers a lot of the power they hold right now.

I want YRCW to survive and thrive into a better future. To beat the trend of companies going under after trying desperately to save themselves. Because future generations deserve to know that a job where you don't have to pay for everything exists.

Not to rain on your parade, there, Wong. But Schneider screwed the Teamsters a lot harder than YRC ever has. Schneider Transport and Schneider Tank, their union divisions, are not allowed to hire unless the hire-on is a relative of an existing employee. The last I heard, Schneider Transport had less than a handful of drivers left and Schneider Tank was under ten. Schneider National Carriers is the only entity allowed to hire, and they do all the same work.

And Schneider isn't going to lose 15% either, because they don't have a billion dollars in debt like YRC. In fact, Schneider has given raises to their drivers recently because they can't hire enough people.

Blaming Welch and Pierson for what Dollar Bill did isn't really fair, Wong. They were left with the pile of poop that he crapped out. You know that. And demanding your money back isn't going to change the billion dollar noose that Bill Zollars hung the whole company with.

You know what might get your money back a lot sooner though? If everyone stopped destroying freight because they're mad. Get that OR down at all YRC carriers (that includes Holland, whose record has been slipping lately) and help that debt get paid.

You gotta remember, union job or not, everyone at YRCW works for the bank. The bank is gonna look at a 0.97 OR and wonder if that's worth paying for. YRCF and NPME are so close to not making money that it's terrifying. If Holland keeps slipping, the claim of being "what's keeping YRC alive" won't mean anything.

And remember, if YRC goes down, it hurts the whole industry. Fewer union jobs, fewer jobs with good benefits, and a bunch of drivers looking for work will relieve the upward pressure that's currently on wages. The death of YRC would cost drivers a lot of the power they hold right now.

I want YRCW to survive and thrive into a better future. To beat the trend of companies going under after trying desperately to save themselves. Because future generations deserve to know that a job where you don't have to pay for everything exists.
Don't completely agree with you but somewhat true. They were left with a pile of sh&*, but they also bought into idea that
we were, I'm paraphrasing here, grossly overpaid and the give back wasn't a giveback. It was paying us what we were truly worth. And They also believe that the only reason the company has made it this far is the good solid mgmt in place. I still believe Hawkins has a plan B. Just put a K after the B. And we're also fighting the IBT. After all, "C'mon you guys you aren't ABF, be reasonable. Status quo and 150.00 a week for health care is a win. A BIG WIN!!! just sign the damn thing".As if it matters how we vote. But to be fair, even if YRCW went to the banks and said "we need to pay up", the banks would say "Ummm no that's not how this is going to play out. We've gotten all we can out of this, what with the pay day loan interest rates and all. Pulling the plug will even look good public relations wise. After all, standing up to the unions, not giving in to their demands, hell we'll look like heroes, "
My opinion is it's better to die on your feet than live on your knees. Anyways it's sure going to be an interesting 8 months.

x571nFe.jpg

HOohxyy.jpg
Ahh the good old days, When I worked the yard