Jelly Butter

RickyRicardo

TB Regular
Credits
Not to be confused with the up and coming Atlanta band "Gritz & Jelly Butter", playing such venues as TGI Fridays, The Pizza Bar, and Footprints Café.

Yesterday I was doing research for something I am writing; specifically I wanted to know what color the beach sand is on the Pacific coast of Oregon. I made a golf course delivery to Florence OR once but didn't actually take a stroll to the nearby beach.

Maybe Racer can fill me in. I should have just asked him to start with since I never found the answer I was looking for, despite gleaning some fun facts about beaches. But then, I wouldn't have discovered Jelly Roll.

I found a wonderful blog post by Barbara Weibel (yes, I'm giving her a plug) filled with some excellent photography.

There was a comment section filled mostly with comments one would expect on such a topic; until I stumbled upon this one, that is. I love this guy! I would send him a membership invitation if I could track him down.

[Jelly Butter

Monday, April 23, 2012

These beaches are all very beautiful. I hope to visit them all one day. I like cats. I’ve always wanted to become an old man with 40 cats. I want to die alone with my cats. I will travel the world with my cats and bathe them in these beautiful colorful oceans. I dream about my cats and hopefully one day i will marry them.]

I don't think the cat would like it if you tossed it in the Pacific Ocean.

Guardrail
That's what gave me an idea for a dumb comedy.

I picture maybe Adam Sandler on a nice beach in Malibu with his forearms all scratched and bleeding. He has a bottle of Dawn dishwashing detergent by his side, a washcloth in one hand and an angry cat in the other.

Then a cop shows up, shouting at him. "Hey, you moron! This is a private beach! You and your 40 cats get the hell out of here pronto!"

Laughter ensues from the audience.

Maybe Racer can fill me in. I should have just asked him to start with since I never found the answer I was looking for, despite gleaning some fun facts about beaches.

Sort of a tan color. If you like I can fill a baggie with some the next time I get out that way and send it to you.

I found a wonderful blog post by Barbara Weibel . . . .

I saw that too. Very interesting stuff there.

Also, Weibels Wobble, But They Don't Fall Down!

Jelly Butter

Monday, April 23, 2012

These beaches are all very beautiful. I hope to visit them all one day. I like cats. I’ve always wanted to become an old man with 40 cats. I want to die alone with my cats. I will travel the world with my cats and bathe them in these beautiful colorful oceans. I dream about my cats and hopefully one day i will marry them.

Takes all kinds, huh?

Sort of a tan color.

Excellent! I wrote this a few days ago and it may just remain as is. Thanks!

[Daniel inhaled deeply as he gazed at the azure sky through an opening in the mammoth fir trees. An azure so pure as to define surrealism. An overwhelming sense of déjà vu came over him as he walked along the wide, apparently well travelled path. The piney scent of the Nordman Firs intermingled with the pervasive sea salt aroma. The salt began to win out as the trees thinned and the sound of waves slapping terra firma became evident.

Topping a small crest, the Pacific Ocean came into view all at once. The blue water seemed to feed off of the cloudless sky as if drawing its color from above. A grassy slope began where the tree line ended and a hundred yards down the slope was a sandy beach. The sand resembled light brown sugar.]

[Jelly Butter

Monday, April 23, 2012

These beaches are all very beautiful. I hope to visit them all one day. I like cats. I’ve always wanted to become an old man with 40 cats. I want to die alone with my cats. I will travel the world with my cats and bathe them in these beautiful colorful oceans. I dream about my cats and hopefully one day i will marry them.]

You are missing the point.
This is the basis of your next novel.
If you can fit a story around these few sentences you will be published with movie.

How about
Ricky Ricardo, Soldier , truck driver, forum poster, struggling author, runs across the Jelly Butter post. He can't get it out of his mind. It's driving him crazy.........................................

Last edited by a moderator:
Jelly Butter or Hulk Hogan?

ngbbs4c936b43f157a.jpg

so Ricardo can't get words of Jelly Butter out of his mind, he loses concentration and just misses a child in a wheelchair in a cross walk. He parks his truck and walks to the diner but he is so preoccupied that he does not see a low branch and receives....a knock on the head! Down he goes things are twirling in his mind he sees a twirling clock,a sideways cow, a fat truck driver in a blue shirt, Einstein twirls by, cats and more cats.....twirling..................
then the ending
The real Jelly Butter walks up the stairs to the mill
he passes many workers
and they stop in their tracks staring.
He scoops up his beautiful cat
and walks out with her in his arms.
A worker claps slowly,
another claps
and another
until the whole mill is clapping
as Jelly Butter walks out.
He the takes her to the Vet,
has her declawed and neutered....
THE END

so Ricardo can't get words of Jelly Butter out of his mind, he loses concentration and just misses a child in a wheelchair in a cross walk. He parks his truck and walks to the diner but he is so preoccupied that he does not see a low branch and receives....a knock on the head! Down he goes things are twirling in his mind he sees a twirling clock,a sideways cow, a fat truck driver in a blue shirt, Einstein twirls by, cats and more cats.....twirling..................
then the ending
The real Jelly Butter walks up the stairs to the mill
he passes many workers
and they stop in their tracks staring.
He scoops up his beautiful cat
and walks out with her in his arms.
A worker claps slowly,
another claps
and another
until the whole mill is clapping
as Jelly Butter walks out.
He the takes her to the Vet,
has her declawed and neutered....
THE END

You mean spayed? Just sayin ;)

I noticed some oddities in the picture.
Many of the cats have matching yellow collars.
And look at the way Jelly/Hulk is sitting. I think his right knee is stuffed.