jevic is closing monday

Ist let me say that this may be the end of Jevic, but its not the end of the world. You guys will land on your feet. I went through 2 closings & looking back on what seemed like disasters were really only bumps in the road.
The Jevic drivers that I know are all really good guys & I am sure that they won't have any problems finding work.....Keep the faith.
If I was a Jevic driver and was to be working my last day or days. I would want cash to deliver any freight. I remember McClean drivers got ripped off( I think it was McClean). Anyway, I would want cash.

ITS NOT THE CUSTOMERS FAULT THAT THIER FRT IS STUCK ON OUR DOCK THEY JUST GOT COUGHT UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THINGS .I WILL DO TRHE RIGHT THINS AS I ALWAYS HAVE AND SEE THAT IT IS DELIVERED DAMAGE FREE IT HAS BEEN A GOOD RIDE BUT TIME TO MOVE ON TO ALL OF THE FRIENDS I HAVE MADE GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU MAY CALL ME A SCHMUCK BUT I CHOOSE TO DO THE RIGHT THING :1036316054:

Just for your information. When USF shut down Red Star a few drivers went in for a couple of days & helped out by delivering some of the freight left in the system........While some other drivers hired a lawyer & filed a Class Action WARN Act lawsuit......When the suit was settled the money earned by the drivers that worked after the shutdown was deducted from the amount of their settlement checks. They worked for free.

Drivers, get out of there before the last shoe drops. I went through this nightmare at Burlington Motor Carriers...a terminal was closed here, a drop-yard sold there..."oh all is well, we're just realigning some operations" is what we heard from the suits. Sure enough, roll into the main barn one day and it's locked up tighter than a drum. No paychecks, no severance, no nothing...turns out they were just stringing us along while they ran up expense accounts and bilked and looted what remained of the company. Left a whole bunch of hard-working folks holding the bag. Even stiffed Freightliner for over $500k.

lawer time again

Ist let me say that this may be the end of Jevic, but its not the end of the world. You guys will land on your feet. I went through 2 closings & looking back on what seemed like disasters were really only bumps in the road.
The Jevic drivers that I know are all really good guys & I am sure that they won't have any problems finding work.....Keep the faith.

Just for your information. When USF shut down Red Star a few drivers went in for a couple of days & helped out by delivering some of the freight left in the system........While some other drivers hired a lawyer & filed a Class Action WARN Act lawsuit......When the suit was settled the money earned by the drivers that worked after the shutdown was deducted from the amount of their settlement checks. They worked for free.
lyion here again
' id hire another lawyer and sue the pants off that company ,once again that;s typical of a big company ,screw the drivers and keep there money that's the way they think and with that said its time for the government to step in and screw the company s big time .seize the back accounts and give it all to the drivers for putting up with all the bull s... we all haft to put up with these con art is company's always trying and doing a screwed up job ,take money from the drivers they all do it .i I've been in the trucking business since 1983 never seen a single company give all the money that the drivers supposeable made they will take a little here a little there so you don't no it . you ask them how much the load pays and they will say one thing then when you get your pay check its a different amount .Ive worked hard in the trucking industry as a driver with a lot of company's some don't mess with your money all the time but they will and do some time that's they way it is in the real world. the time to watch your money I've noticed is when they are heaving problems buying new equipment are have a law suit against them
and now that the price of fuel has gone threw the roof there be doing more fishing for every dollar they can from the drivers .so watch your money really careful cause there be nibbling at your pay check for sure .like I've said even the company's i worked for that i liked do it some time its the way trucking company do business .there's only way Ive fount to completely get all your money coming to you is to tell them that you have a fax machine you carry with you on the road and what you wont to say to them if your a least on owner op is that when they get a load for you, have them fax the amount the load pays to the truck, not to the company where the loads going to how many miles its subpose to be,and for time of delivery .and have this all on paper and at the top have the company's letter head this insures this is coming from them and is not made up .with this you will have solid proof of what you are to make for those who are least on to them .when there is a problem and they say oh no it paid some thing different you flash the faxed load sheet at them and they cant dispute it they were the ones who told you what the load pays in writing .i was given this information from a lawyer i had to use when i was leased on to a company that screwed me in my settlement check .i wont work for a company that wont agree with this its a means of keeping track of your loads and money that oded to you when you are under contract with them it just good business sense to to do it and its a tool in business .if they wont pay take them to court and show this to the judge and he will see on paper that the company told you this was to be the amount you were to be payed for each and every trip load .walk away if any company wont agree to this .and in the contract have it so they no in advance you will wait to get this info before you ever move the truck don't move till you receive it . there try to tell you they will send it to you later because there to busy that wont do at all had settlement checks come to me saying i had negative pay check because the fuel i had to get was higher than the load payed because they wouldn't give me a pro number ands so i had to use the last trips pro numer for fuel this is a way the company screwed me being young and my first time as a owner in the business .don't let it happen to you .
sorry this was long but good intentions for all drivers.lyion

you are poisoning the water with rumors

jevic will be open monday for business. filed for chaptor 11 friday,reorginaztion. will continue for a long time as has Johns Manville and many other companys. stay put the whole industry is in flux over fuel prices and it effects everyone. stop fear mongering !

I wish the best for the drivers and their familys. I worked for companys that went out. I got a weeks notice at plymouth rock and left red star becuse they had me on a lay off. I got fired from jobs. All this happen while I have small kids and a stay at home wife and a new house, Some how I made it out ok.

good news

I'm glade you came out OK there from a bad situation glad to here your OK .there's going to be a lot of the company's folding come very soon i believe . with every thing under the sun coasting more and more each day this entire country is going to be in real bad trouble .president bush tried to get the opec countries to lower the price of oil but they said no .so that means we'll be seeing prices going much higher than they are now so everybody watch out for your self .better start that piggy bank for sure.lyion

that is a true story to my buddy lost on that deal.

i'll be in snj today right near j1 or what ever center is in delanco i let you guys know if i see anything.i work at fxfe next door rumors were flyin there too about you guys being shut down and sold.when aaa cooper shut its doors in burlington they waited to the weekend and had nemf drivers from pennsauken haul out the equipment and freight as well as some aaa drivers from the south.

i hope everything works out for you guys

Warn

I have a feeling that the owners of Jevic have something up their sleeves to get around the WARN Act. I guess that we will find out tomorrow. Good luck to all the hardworking employees at Jevic, "keep the faith"

jevic1 is full of ////. I work in the office a j1 and no such orders were given. If he cleaned his desk, then it was just plain stupidity on his part... There is obviously something happening, but we're not closing. Why would Sun Capital go through all these recent closings and staff changes to close the company on Monday? We are obviously being prepared to be sold. :hide:

You'll feel like a real tool on Monday when you are walking your box of stuff down the ramp.

I have a feeling that the owners of Jevic have something up their sleeves to get around the WARN Act. I guess that we will find out tomorrow. Good luck to all the hardworking employees at Jevic, "keep the faith"

warn act is not worth the paper it was printed on, I've been thru 2 shutdowns with out any notice and never collected a dime

warn act is not worth the paper it was printed on, I've been thru 2 shutdowns with out any notice and never collected a dime
You may be right on that but as long as there are lawyers willing to take WARN cases on a contingency basis then the companies have to be concerned with getting around the law.

Hubby drives for Jevic out of J6. Just got the call with his start time for tomorrow.
He's going in at 5- we'll see what happens then. We filled out a few applications just in case today.

cape cod ex

the cape cod express trailer is in door 48 at j6 and gets pulled every day .jevic moves more ccexpress frt than the other way, deliverys on monday everyone ! carry on:smilie_132:

I'm sorry to hear that Jevic is in trouble.
I remember when they were just starting out.
And when Yellow bought them,but later spun them off.
I know a local driver out of the Rochester area that was always happy working for them.

I've been through a closing myself.
I was a city driver in my 18th yr.at Halls Motor transit.
There were a lot of rumors of them closing flying around.
I came home from church on a sunday in 1986.
The phone was ringing when I walked in the door of my house.
It was my TM.
He said I have some bad news for you,Halls closed their doors on operations midnight Saturday.
Don't bother coming to work in the morning.
Well he did call me back a few hours later,asking me to come to the terminal and load our freight up on New Penn trailers,he said he'd make sure I got paid if he had to pay me out of his pocket,which he did.

This company was a Teamster company so the Teamsters lawyer sued Halls for all of our back pay.
Three years later the company paid us 10 cents on the Dollar.
They owed me around $6500.00,I received two bank checks that totaled just under $600.00 after taxes.

I worked casual for 11 different union companies dock,and city.
For nearly 7 months,then I
went to Overnite.
Overnite said go away we don't want you you have to many years in the union we don't want anything to do with the Teamsters.

I went to my Pastor,and told him I'd like to get a city job with Overnite,but they said they didn't want me,for all of my union time.
My Pastor,and my church prayed for me to get hired at Overnite.
The next day I worked one day at Yellow.
When I came home my wife said Overnite TM called,and wants you to call him ASAP.
I called him,and will never forget his words.
Come in tomorrow,and I will give you a chance to work here,but don't ask me why I'm doing this.

Does God answer prayer?
I'm a firm believer in that,and here I am retired now after 22 years at Overnite/UPS Freight.

So I want to incourage all of you that when one door closes,other doors will open for you,may the Lord not man direct your path,it works for me,Apostolic.

I'm sorry to hear that Jevic is in trouble.
I remember when they were just starting out.
And when Yellow bought them,but later spun them off.
I know a local driver out of the Rochester area that was always happy working for them.

I've been through a closing myself.
I was a city driver in my 18th yr.at Halls Motor transit.
There were a lot of rumors of them closing flying around.
I came home from church on a sunday in 1986.
The phone was ringing when I walked in the door of my house.
It was my TM.
He said I have some bad news for you,Halls closed their doors on operations midnight Saturday.
Don't bother coming to work in the morning.
Well he did call me back a few hours later,asking me to come to the terminal and load our freight up on New Penn trailers,he said he'd make sure I got paid if he had to pay me out of his pocket,which he did.

This company was a Teamster company so the Teamsters lawyer sued Halls for all of our back pay.
Three years later the company paid us 10 cents on the Dollar.
They owed me around $6500.00,I received two bank checks that totaled just under $600.00 after taxes.

I worked casual for 11 different union companies dock,and city.
For nearly 7 months,then I
went to Overnite.
Overnite said go away we don't want you you have to many years in the union we don't want anything to do with the Teamsters.

I went to my Pastor,and told him I'd like to get a city job with Overnite,but they said they didn't want me,for all of my union time.
My Pastor,and my church prayed for me to get hired at Overnite.
The next day I worked one day at Yellow.
When I came home my wife said Overnite TM called,and wants you to call him ASAP.
I called him,and will never forget his words.
Come in tomorrow,and I will give you a chance to work here,but don't ask me why I'm doing this.

Does God answer prayer?
I'm a firm believer in that,and here I am retired now after 22 years at Overnite/UPS Freight.

So I want to incourage all of you that when one door closes,other doors will open for you,may the Lord not man direct your path,it works for me,Apostolic.

Applestolic, that was a good testimony to the faithfulness of our God.

PRAYER CHANGES THINGS!

TRUST JESUS!