Jevic Is Gone

gee thanks, I have to bring wife and kid, Im laid off. sounds like alot of fun. Hey, do you know what the road drivers are suppose to get for thier layoff pay or how they are figuring it.

gee thanks, I have to bring wife and kid, Im laid off. sounds like alot of fun. Hey, do you know what the road drivers are suppose to get for thier layoff pay or how they are figuring it.

Sorry LOWJO, But road drivers arent getting any kind of severance pay. You can apply for unemployment. The sooner the better. Being a road driver you will draw unemployment from NJ. Its 560.00 a week. Let me know if you'd like the phone number to call to get the ball rolling.

how do i post and read this thing quicker. i cant figure out how to read what you wrote faster than 28 minutes. hahahaha

can anyone give me any good news about jevic

As fuel costs and soft business prolongs, companies have been forced to look inward and make adjustments to keep themselves healthy. This is in every industry (excluding oil companies of course). As we move forward, our realignment will allow us to focus on on core market of the Northeast and Midwest. This is the area where we've aways been the strongest. It's an area where the rate structures are more favorable and the customer base pays for our value (PFF, HazMat, Low Claims).

You'll read tons of speculation on here, but you can be comfortable that nothing was done with the end of lining anyone's pockets. This was done to ensure that we stick around for the long haul.

As fuel costs and soft business prolongs, companies have been forced to look inward and make adjustments to keep themselves healthy. This is in every industry (excluding oil companies of course). As we move forward, our realignment will allow us to focus on on core market of the Northeast and Midwest. This is the area where we've aways been the strongest. It's an area where the rate structures are more favorable and the customer base pays for our value (PFF, HazMat, Low Claims).

You'll read tons of speculation on here, but you can be comfortable that nothing was done with the end of lining anyone's pockets. This was done to ensure that we stick around for the long haul.

Its interesting, that is the same kind of line YRC gave the the Teamsters. Now 1000's of us aren't working and they are projecting dividends will be paid on the second quarter.

Its interesting, that is the same kind of line YRC gave the the Teamsters. Now 1000's of us aren't working and they are projecting dividends will be paid on the second quarter.

Excatly. There isn't an ltl company who isn't trying to find a way to stay productive and profitable. Look around you. What's going on with real estate? Fuel?

Its like this....If you were riding in a row boat. And you started taking on water. You would do all you could to keep from sinking. Grab a bucket and start bailing some water trying to stay afloat. I think that companies like YRC and others may be big enough to pull through these tough times. Although CF was a pretty big company too. I was working for Conway Southern Express when CF went under. And they pretty much did the same thing thats happening now. Close some terminals down. Then 6 months later all the terminals were closing. I may be totally wrong but I believe Jevic isnt big enough to survive this. They may, And if they do, More power to them. I have done a lot of thinking over the last few days. And I'm through dumping on Jevic so much. I will continue speaking my mind though. But I wont be jumping every thread trying to beat the company up. I think my intentions were misconstrued here anyways. I still wont be surprised if they fold. But I really dont want to see anyone else lose their jobs. It wont change my opinion about the way Jevic treats its employees. Its still wrong. But that wont change anything.

Many others have thier own personal feelings about the way things have turned out but they havent got manic impulsive behavior like you do Tim....

Its like this....If you were riding in a row boat. And you started taking on water. You would do all you could to keep from sinking. Grab a bucket and start bailing some water trying to stay afloat. I think that companies like YRC and others may be big enough to pull through these tough times. Although CF was a pretty big company too. I was working for Conway Southern Express when CF went under. And they pretty much did the same thing thats happening now. Close some terminals down. Then 6 months later all the terminals were closing. I may be totally wrong but I believe Jevic isnt big enough to survive this. They may, And if they do, More power to them. I have done a lot of thinking over the last few days. And I'm through dumping on Jevic so much. I will continue speaking my mind though. But I wont be jumping every thread trying to beat the company up. I think my intentions were misconstrued here anyways. I still wont be surprised if they fold. But I really dont want to see anyone else lose their jobs. It wont change my opinion about the way Jevic treats its employees. Its still wrong. But that wont change anything.

I think you have the same issue I do. No one is saying "LETS BAIL'R OUT BOYS"!!! What their saying is "START THROWING OUT EVERYONE THATS LITTLE"R THAN YOU, LET"M DROWNED".

I guess because I'm union and we all had a voice in the contract thats costing me my job, I hope the company sends as many YES VOTERS down the crapper with me, as they can.
I feel the utmost sympathy for the guys losing their jobs that voted NO though. I know many of them don't have it as good as I do.

One of the problems is that the other LTL's smeel blood in the water and start focussing on the weak carrier's accounts. Loose a handful of national accounts that can't afford to have a disruption in their supplychain and you could be toast. I know my company and I assume others are asking which accounts use Jevic.....take care of your freight driver!

You would not be a good salesman if you didn't point out your competitions weakness, weather your selling sneakers, autos or even freight. I know when my company smell's a bleeding juggular were right there with bucket's to grab our fare share, it's all part of the business.....................

:smilie_132:

wake up GABBY they have or already lost several natl accounts do u need the names of the companies we were getting 90,000lbs of ltl frt a day out of 4 of them lat 2 i went by they were holding the frt for new century they were told jevic cant service the frt by J1 big wheels let me know if u need the names of the companies once harry gets wind of this jevic has lost gaurantee it:butt kiss::hysterical:

stop the crying

Look ! the ride was not going to last forever.
summer is coming. I just hope i can use my vacations up..:1036316054: 2 weeks left i have.need to run leo is calling :smilie_132:
Bill i need 2 hats , 1 to light my grill and the other 1 to hold my :funky:

Look ! the ride was not going to last forever.
summer is coming. I just hope i can use my vacations up..:1036316054: 2 weeks left i have.need to run leo is calling :smilie_132:
Bill i need 2 hats , 1 to light my grill and the other 1 to hold my :funky:
that's not right. anonymity makes one brave.

Give the almighty one a call maybe he can put you on.

my name is already n the book with my almighty and his name is not harry he maybe almighty in your book but here we go NATIONAL STARCH, CYTEC,AIR PRODUCTS,COGNIS,CRYOVAC,are the companies Jevic will or already have lost :funky:...Later,gotta run down the road in my pete with smith transportation you all have a good day:smilie_132::smilie_132: