Jevic Transportation Heats Up Frozen Supply Chains

I believe New Century operates the largest, most modern fleet of termperature control equipment in the LTL sector

TAGAXLE said:
I believe New Century operates the largest, most modern fleet of termperature control equipment in the LTL sector
And .... like CFer said, New Penn has heated trailers .... had them for many, many years.
Nothing new .... just a different spin, Jevic is looking for that one skid of freezable freight.
Bottom line ... temp protected freight is usually expensive and requires a dedicated carrier with reefer units.
LTL freight that is temp sensitive is usually a small amount of liquid chemical or paint. Generally not high paying cargo to begin with.

OUr Heat Fleet can't be beat

Jevic has the largest, most modern heated trailer fllet in the industry. Period.

Almost 60% of our fleet is equipped with the heater unit.

ADP and New Penn may have some limited availability, but they can't help you much into the frozen tundra of MN, WI, UT, MT etc etc can they?

Better yet talk to our repertoire of NATIONAL chemical shippers who rely on us.

These b the facts.:punk:

gabbydad said:
so let me guess, you work over there at new century? judging by your posts, seems like you've got an agenda.

whatever, it's your time.
why dont you like new century new century have top of the line power units. an harry pay them better then he paid jevic drivers.

what i like and don't like is not relevant.

what is relevant is that this is a Jevic board.
Comments regarding NC imply a combative nature due to the unprecedented level of competition and bad blood.

So if your intention or anyone interested in New Century Transportation is about them, I suggest you request that Jeff create a NEw Century sight. I promise I for one will stay off of it. Not interested in their business.

But if you continue to come on the Jevic's turf to spew comments about New Century, then your intentions are to start trouble.

gabbydad said:
Jevic has the largest, most modern heated trailer fllet in the industry. Period.

Almost 60% of our fleet is equipped with the heater unit.
That's a lot of trailers ... do they all get used ?
ADP and New Penn may have some limited availability, but they can't help you much into the frozen tundra of MN, WI, UT, MT etc etc can they?
Yes, limited availability is right. ADP and New Penn are regional carriers that service the northeast corridor direct, so service to no-mans land doesn't factor into a regionals service plan.
You can keep the frozen tundra .... Buffalo is bad enough for me !
Better yet talk to our repertoire of NATIONAL chemical shippers who rely on us.

These b the facts.:punk:
A repertoire of National shippers ...yea, OK, but where does that put you on the
Logistics Managements "Quest of Quality " list ? I don't see Jevic anywhere, not in the northeast/mid-atlantic, or the south/central, or the midwest or western areas.
The carriers I do see at the very top of this list are ADP and New Penn !
I do believe that's a fact .. Jack ! :USA:

Gotta get YOUR facts straight.

actually, we won Logistics Management Magazine Quest for Quality Award for the "multi-regional" segment. That's because of our size and scope. In other words, we compete on a larger scale that the carriers you mention. Take a look below.

JEVIC TRANSPORTATION WINS QUEST FOR QUALITY AWARD
Earns Transportation Industry's Highest Honor
Delanco, NJ - Jevic Transportation, Inc. is proud to announce that it has won Logistics Management Magazine's 23rd annual Quest for Quality Award. This prestigious prize is based solely on customer evaluations and is considered the transportation industry's highest honor.

Each year Logistics Management asks a representative sample of shippers to complete an evaluation of the carriers they use. Specifically, the shippers are asked to provide feedback in the areas of Performance, Value, Information Technology, Customer Service and Equipment and Operations. Survey results are featured in the August 2006 issue of Logistics Management.

“We are pleased and gratified to have won this award,” said Jevic President and CEO Dave Gorman. “It's a resounding vote of confidence from our customers for our performance from 2005 through the present. And it clearly shows the value of the many customizable services we provide. As we move forward as a privately held company, this award reaffirms our commitment to reliability, service and most importantly, to our valued customers.”

Jevic Transportation, Inc., an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, is a less-than-truckload transportation services provider that has carved a distinctive position in the marketplace due to its exclusive Breakbulk-Free® operating model. The company provides an appealing alternative to the major LTL carriers and is superior to most niche carriers in size and scale. Jevic provides product depth and customization for its marketplace with services such as: The Heat Fleet®; Jevic 100% Guaranteed® Service; Partial Trailer load service, and Multi-regional and National capabilities in one system. In addition, without the multiple handling associated with the other traditional, Breakbulk, or “hub-and-spoke” carriers, the company provides an industry low claims ratios, creating more efficiencies in its customers' supply chain.

$Bill: Sure, NC has top of the line t and t's, and Harry pays them better BECAUSE HE HAS TO, in order to get drivers, and keep them. And, it still ain't happenin'.

The King of All Slaves doesn't have the magic he once had to make people follow him like mice, except for his old cronies in the Ivory Tower with him, who make the Big $, and will follow H to Hell and back to keep getting them (Big $).

Oh, and $ Bill, what is your agenda? Does Harry send you a monthly stipend to promote him to the people who have been there, done that? If so, it also ain't happenin'.

gabbydad said:
what i like and don't like is not relevant.

what is relevant is that this is a Jevic board.
Comments regarding NC imply a combative nature due to the unprecedented level of competition and bad blood.

So if your intention or anyone interested in New Century Transportation is about them, I suggest you request that Jeff create a NEw Century sight. I promise I for one will stay off of it. Not interested in their business.

But if you continue to come on the Jevic's turf to spew comments about New Century, then your intentions are to start trouble.
are you one of the few that harry will not let work for him no more.is that why you hate him

Dirty White Boy said:
$Bill: Sure, NC has top of the line t and t's, and Harry pays them better BECAUSE HE HAS TO, in order to get drivers, and keep them. And, it still ain't happenin'.

The King of All Slaves doesn't have the magic he once had to make people follow him like mice, except for his old cronies in the Ivory Tower with him, who make the Big $, and will follow H to Hell and back to keep getting them (Big $).

Oh, and $ Bill, what is your agenda? Does Harry send you a monthly stipend to promote him to the people who have been there, done that? If so, it also ain't happenin'.
is jevic still trying to buy old drivers back.

Dollar Bill -trouble maker

Dollar Bill, you need to get your own site. Either under a New Century title or whatever.

All you do is bash us. What purpose do you have trying to stir us up? What's the agenda?

If your only purpose is to instigate for the sake of fighting or putting people down,
you're going to get kicked off the boards.

These forums are for communication. Sometimes, actually many times there's differences of opinion, but overwhlemingly, there is respect.

When you look at your posts and response on here, you can see your pattern on troublemaking.

At some point you gotta get bored.

For me, this is the last time I recognize you on here.

Hey Gabby
I worked 4 1 of your neighbors P&P Transport hauled alot of freezable freight out of your back yard National Chaemical out of Philly ring a bell????
and went to all of the "Frozen Tundra" areas mentioned
Dude these freight companies are all alike and we need to realize that and start worrying about what is best for us and not the company. Then and only then will we sttart bettering our bottom line instead of ours

I'm with you to a point

For me. Just for me, I found a great home in Jevic. After 6 carriers and 20 years this month, I can say this is where I've been the happiest.

I agree totally with you that there are a bunch of similarities with all the ltl carriers.

I'm smart enough to know that we aren't perfect, etc. But lately on this specific board, there are several who come here solely to bash. For that I am compelled to defend my own and be as factual as possible.

Everything I ever post is verifiable.

gabbydad said:
For me. Just for me, I found a great home in Jevic. After 6 carriers and 20 years this month, I can say this is where I've been the happiest.

I agree totally with you that there are a bunch of similarities with all the ltl carriers.

I'm smart enough to know that we aren't perfect, etc. But lately on this specific board, there are several who come here solely to bash. For that I am compelled to defend my own and be as factual as possible.

Everything I ever post is verifiable.

I work for Jevic also, it's a nice place to work for, but the equipment has been neglected and has been in a poor condition for a long time. There technology needs a major upgrade. Our sales staff needs to push more than just heated services or Guaranteed deliveries to potential customers. I can't understand also why this company doesn't have a terminal or two in Canada.

Canada? no thanks

Midland is doing a fine job with our Canada freight. Jevic made a good business decision when they cut the deal with them. I used to be up there monthly, but not anymore and it's great. As for the pay comparison to NC, I just heard a radio ad last nite for them at 50.5 cpm. I'm getting 51