1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

POLITICS jimmy's world, version 6....

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by jimmy g, Dec 20, 2014.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    [​IMG]
    Pilot087, this one's for you... KC135R. 1963 model, updated to State of the Art...

pilot87 likes this.
  2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    This is 8041, The Spirit of Indiana. My kid is Crew Chief on 8135, The Spirit of Kokomo[​IMG]

icuicp likes this.
  3. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Did you keep some of his works of art?
    Beautiful work Jimmy

jimmy g likes this.
  4. Magoo

They need more do-dads and guages

jimmy g likes this.
  5. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:

Boy do I feel dumb. Wrong tail #. Should be 3518...
    [​IMG]

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Kokomo was a chief in the Miami Indian tribe. Grissom AFB is in Miami County Indiana. Ironicly,Kokomo is in Howard County. Only in Hoosierland....:lmao:

7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    These old 135s (707s) might be phased out and replaced by 767s. If they are kept the guages/ cables will come out and pixel panels/ big screens will replace this. It'll convert to fly by wire.

The four engine 135 carries 200,000 lbs of jet fuel for in the air refueling. The 767 has two engines, but carries 500,000 lbs.

8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    [​IMG]
    Wish I could figure how to post video. These two wrestle all day. Kinda like me, with Mags...

icuicp and Magoo like this.
  9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Wyoming. There's June. There's July. And there's Winter...

icuicp and Magoo like this.
  10. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Austere Relgious Scholar

Thanks Jimmy, you have a gift.

jimmy g likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    [​IMG]

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Thanks! I'm a Taurus which means I'm a lot of bull...

13. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Austere Relgious Scholar

I like a good story, probably why I don't watch movies anymore.

jimmy g likes this.
  14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    [​IMG]
    Grandson Owen, Baby Giant's #1 Son. Sometimes we just sit back and grin at each other...

Life is Good!

Magoo likes this.
  15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    I grew up in Penna, near the Mason-Dixon Line. Behind my Parent's farm, ran the Ma and Pa Railroad (Maryland and Pennsylvania). It made one trip a day hauling freight. Originally from Baltimore to York. For a Boy Scout Hiking Merit Badge, I walked the railroad for a 25 mile hike from Red Lion Pa, to Delta, Pa. In 1976 they fired it up for the USA Centennial. Running past the farms, cinders from the coal-fired steam engines set many farmers wheat fields ablaze, and because of the rugged landscape, many acres were lost until firetrucks could maneuver thru the rocky terrain....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland_and_Pennsylvania_Railroad

Magoo likes this.
  16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Beside the Ma and Pa was a monument to the Log Church in the Barrens. Built in 1747, several area churches grew from it. Overgrown now, and the railroad abandoned, its on private land now and virtually inaccessible. I camped near the monument (erected in 1939) many times. I built a rope bridge across it in about 1968 or so. All gone now...

http://www.slateridgechurch.org/whoweare.html

After Slate Ridge Church created a cemetery 3 miles away (where my Dad is buried)- a town's hero- one of George Washington's group of Bodyguards is buried there. Dr Zenas Macomber.

At the Battle of Trenton, Macomber was bayonetted in 17 different wounds and left for dead. (He recovered). Tells how close to George Washington the Brits got...
    [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    Dr Zenas Macomber
    Birth: 1756
    Connecticut, USA
    Death: 1831
    York County
    Pennsylvania, USA
    [​IMG]
    Revolutionary War Hero

Physician Zenas Macomber enlisted in the Rev. War efforts in Plymouth, Massachusetts, on 20 Apr 1775. He re-inlisted 1776 to 1779. Rev. Saml Parke, joined him in holy matrimony, on 26 Aug 1829 to Hanna Huff, in York Co., PA. A Rev. War Pension was applied for, #R6574, and it lists his children's name.

Family links:
    Children:
    Zenas Macomber (1792 - 1863)*
    Hannah Macomber Hess (1816 - 1908)*
    John Macomber (1820 - 1916)*

Burial:
    Slate Ridge Cemetery
    Delta
    York County
    Pennsylvania, USA

Created by: Karen
    Record added: Dec 29, 2008
    Find A Grave Memorial# 32485124
    [​IMG]
    Added by: Donna Jones
    [​IMG]
    Added by: Karen
    [​IMG]
    Cemetery Photo
    Added by Linda

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=pv&GRid=32485124&PIpi=28617629

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
  17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Growing up on a Penna Farm in the late 50s/60s was, well- unique...

We had an H Model Farmall. No hydraulics, so the plow was spring loaded. My sister and I played on the plow but were warned to NEVER pull the lever that lowers the plow. My sister was up on the plow, and as a 4 yr old I wanted up there too, so I grabbed a rope to pull myself up. Didn't notice the rope was tied to the lever. The lever almost (probably should have) killed me. Hit me in the head. Sister ran, not for help- but to hide, because she was in charge of me and she thought I was dead... She brought help. I was up and crying by then...

The Farmall Dealer brought out a new 1959 340 for a test farm, like in those days car dealers let you test a car for a few days before you buy it. Yep, we bought it. Still have it.

We picked up rocks in the fields before plowing. Dad drove the tractor pulling the wagon. Grandpa and I picked up the rocks. I picked up one and saw a copperhead. Dropped the rock and ran. Dad got out his shotgun, but couldn't find the snake. Another time Grandpa uncovered a yellow jackets nest. He and I got stung horribly. He worse, I ran faster...

We had a ram and a ewe. I played in the pasture with them until the day after my ewe had a lamb. I tried to play- my sister's ram knocked me onto a roll of barbed wire and wouldn't let me up til Mom pulled it away. The next day I couldn't find any sheep, they were gone. Anyone ever notice there are always gunshots going off near farms? I was much older before I made a connection...

My dog killed groundhogs. He would circle them for sometimes an hour to tire them before he'd kill them. I tried to find them first and shoot them with a single shot 22. Once he chased a blacksnake up a tree. I wanted to shoot it, but knew I wasn't good enough with the 22, so I went and got Dad's double barrel 12 guage. I was about 11 or 12. I hoisted the gun that was as big as me, took aim, and fired! Hit it! When I dug my shoulder out of the field and stood back up, it was raining snake all over..

For Christmas in about 62 or so, I was given a piece of baler twine with a note 'follow me' on it. Thru the house, thru the basement, thru the garage, around the chicken coop, to the barn. Swung open the door, and there was a pony! Eventually, 'King' (all black with a white crown) learned to come to the house and use his teeth to pull open the screen door. Good thing he never figured out that doors lead inside....

The townsfolk used our garage to build floats for the local Fourth of July Parade. I pulled the float with our tractor. By the time I drove the thing wide open for 4 miles to the parade route, the float was pretty much destroyed. Guess I was Hell on Wheels??? And then- it happened TWICE....
    Oops...

One thing for sure, I was never bored!!!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    http://anonhq.com/police-panic-passage-new-law-authorizing-citizens-defend-aggression-indiana/

Good for Indiana! In response I'm sure, to the Indiana Supreme Court saying if cops want in, no citizen has a right to stop one. Cops have broken doors and shot pets- without warrants and at wrong homes. This law allows citizens to use Lethal Force to defend themselves, even against aggressive cops! Maybe Noe they'll be more careful..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
    Magoo likes this.
  19. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    On the way to Gettysburg in 1863, General Lee split his force. They were searching for horses and shoe leather. The split force was to move parallel north and meet at Hanover, at the huge farm for Hanover Shoe Factory. Lee came north up the Shenandoah Valley. JEB Stuart led cavalry up the Susquehanna River, thru my boyhood home of Delta Penna.

Across from my Parent's farm is Muddy Creek, a mile from the Susquehanna. Muddy Creek has rapids and sheer cliffs. There is s natural corral formed in the cliffs with brush hiding the opening. Area farmers hid their horses in that corral and the rapids noise muffled their Winnie's.

Lee might've won st Gettysburg, but Stuart delayed; stopped to burn Columbia and Wrightsville first. That gave time for another young cavalry officer named George Armstrong Custer to get in Stuart's way, delaying the combining of forces. The Tide of the War was turned...

Magoo likes this.
  20. Magoo

Got to have your sunglasses on there

jimmy g likes this.