POLITICS jimmy's world, version 6....

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by jimmy g, Dec 20, 2014.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Not dark at all. Prepared. I was a Boy Scout- Be Prepared is the motto. I'm like the Russian Sub Commander talked about by Scott Glenn and Alec Baldwin in Red October. Don't go take a dump without a plan. I just want it done right....

Go back and reread- I hope it's not for 157 more years!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:

One of my favorites!

Used to go to fireworks on independence day and watch and listen to the orchestra and the field howitzers....

3. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:

Mags, this has been my Most Favorite song for 20 years. No dark place, I promise. Love his piano!

4. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Somebody will pack your ashes into a firework mortar send you up right before the cannons!:1sm364jumpbed:

jimmy g likes this.
  5. Magoo

OK but would you attend his wedding? maybe bake a cake?

6. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    I'd like that!

So the Jimmy V video didn't inspire you to greatness? It was supposed to. Not suppose to depress....

7. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Nope. I like his music. Not getting into his relationships. He and Freddie Mercury were two great talents. I like their music. I'm not dating them, Mags. Give it up....

8. Magoo

Not saying you're gay or going to be, what I'm asking is would you stand in their way?
    So many here do, they don't like them to marry, don't want them to enjoy the same rights and privileges.
    Really don't like them at all.
    If you get to know somebody maybe their difference is not as great as you once thought.
    That's why I ask about Elton

9. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    My wife has many Gay professors for bosses. I've always gone to their performances as it is about the music, nothing to do with endorsing their lifestyle. No different than buying a drug addict's record. I'm enjoying their music, I'm not endorsing a lifestyle. I would Not attend or participate in a gay wedding tho- for that IS endorsing their lifestyle. There's a major disconnect that you can't seem to hook together.....

By the way, Freddie's dead, and I doubt Elton is inviting me.... Prob not Mick Jagger either...

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Mags, don't Libs oppose Rush Limbaugh and say 'don't listen to him- he's an addict'? Same principle as saying ' don't buy Elton John's record because he's gay'. In neither case are you or I condoning/ endorsing a lifestyle. If Rush makes a great point or Elton makes a great record I buy into their product but can still remain true to my Faith. BUT- if Rush says to listen I have to take oxycotin, or Elton says to hear his music I have to give his wedding my blessing, then I have to pass both up or go against my Faith.

Hope that's at least as clear as mud!:rulz::guiness:

11. Magoo

No we don't say don't listen to Rush because he's an addict. we say don't listen to him he's full of :shit: first of all then he does dope second because his behaviour should shock you. It don't of course because he's your guy, he could be out with Bill cosby doing the raping as The Donald says and you guys would be OK with it. I think as long as he says a prayer he will be forgiven and get a fresh start.
    Because well we might all get caught doin that :shit: one day

12. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Mags, jimmy's world has always been a place of soulful reflection and an escape from the bickering on the rest of the board. If you insist on visiting, I'll ask you to raise the level of discourse, please (and you could always ask other to do the same in your world- I'm not special).

This is supposed to be a place of inspiration and taking a break. I did like the Irish whiskey ad.... And no- we won't all be caught doing that stuff.... Most of us don't do anything to be caught over...

I should have simply posted the Valvano video and waited a month. He's the best thing on these pages, and most now miss it...

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    OK now. Let's start over. My best buddy stpinindy has had lung cancer for over two years. Let's all pray he conquers it, and wish him inspiration!

14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    http://www.jimmyv.org/

100% of donations go to research.

15. Magoo

My apologies
    I'll wait for you to come out to annoy you
    here is an offering of peace
    remember back in 68 when 2001 space odyssey came out and we danced to the blue danube?

16. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Thanks for the consideration Mags. I understand. I'd be hard pressed to do likewise in your thread, but will if you wish. All ya gotta do is ask.

I just think sometimes you don't think before responding. I posted the Reagan speech because it was D Day week a And my Dad went ashore there. I posted the Jimmy V speech because I have a dear friend with terminal cancer. I had no agenda about Elton John. Most of the time when I post on here there's a reason that is unknown to you. I know I'm All-politics, all the time, but I try Very Hard to NOT post political views on this thread (and its killing Me!)

Anyway- thanks!

Magoo likes this.
  17. Magoo

I once ran into Roy Orbison getting off a plane about 3 in the morning, probably his normal hours
    he looked just like that too. There was no mistaking who he was, he was doing a show that coming night here.

jimmy g likes this.
  18. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    It's morning in Wyoming!

[​IMG]

19. Magoo

GREAT DAY IN THE MORNING!
    (my 8th grade math teacher Mr. Coles)

20. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    When the kids were young- if they acted up, I'd look to my wife and claim 'you and I are moving to Pocatello (Idaho) and not leaving a forwarding address!'

We hadn't taken a real vacation in 37 years (anniversary this month)- so.... We drove to Pocatello!!!!!

[​IMG]

Only bad decision was driving across South Dakota the week before Sturgis- Motorcycle Rally's 75th anniversary.... No motrls available, 100,000 motorcycles travelling in groups slowing/speeding/slowing/blocking....