XPO | Job Selection Process & Favoritism

Were at OT after 8 and so is the terminal where this is taking place . If it’s after 40 it’s a downgrade.
Well you are partly correct yes you are OT after 8 and also after 40. Even in the union contract it is listed a OT is paid after 8hr per day or 40 per week, something like that. If you do not put that 40hr per week in there then if you work 8hrs each day
Mon-Fri and then work Sat it would be straight time if that 40hr rule was not there. So even on a 4/10 shift any time after 40hrs it is OT. The question I have would you get OT after 10hrs per day. One thing to remember is that only time worked is counted towards you 40hrs. PTO and Holidays don't.

The responses to my question is why I asked. If they offered me the 4/10 work week with OT after 8 I would take it, but that apparently isn't the way it's going to be offered. 1270/wk at 28.88 w/ OT after 8 vs 1155/wk at 40 hours of straight time.

My only concern with it would be if it were offered with no OT after 8 thus all straight time . It could leave the door open to moving away from overtime pay all together eventually.

Of course they are doing it to eliminate overtime. They wouldn't do it to increase your pay and guarantee you 8 hours overtime each week and give you an extra day off. Some people might not like working overtime and having the extra day off would appeal to them. But anything other than that would be nothing but a cost saving measure for them. I can guarantee you if they ended up being short on drivers and had to keep calling drivers in to work overtime on their day off then the 4/10 project would come to an end in a hurry.

The responses to my question is why I asked. If they offered me the 4/10 work week with OT after 8 I would take it, but that apparently isn't the way it's going to be offered. 1270/wk at 28.88 w/ OT after 8 vs 1155/wk at 40 hours of straight time.
My only concern with it would be if it were offered with no OT after 8 thus all straight time . It could leave the door open to moving away from overtime pay all together eventually.
Of course they are doing it to eliminate overtime. They wouldn't do it to increase your pay and guarantee you 8 hours overtime each week and give you an extra day off. Some people might not like working overtime and having the extra day off would appeal to them. But anything other than that would be nothing but a cost saving measure for them. I can guarantee you if they ended up being short on drivers and had to keep calling drivers in to work overtime on their day off then the 4/10 project would come to an end in a hurry.
Amazon is paying truck drivers per day and not per mile.

The catch is it generally is about 20% less to get paid per day versus per mile with Amazon. Drivers know AND still take the daily pay versus the mileage pay.

Here's a link but it requires a subscription , apologies.

Amazon offers daily pay
From - Business Insider

Like it was said above , if XPO gives a benefit , most likely they will take something away. I still haven't figured out how they benefit from paying on Tuesday versus Friday. But I'm sure they do benefit some kind of way.

Years ago Yellow had a 4day 10 hour bid. The guy that took that bid decided he did not like it. He did not like working beside guys getting OT while he worked straight time for 10 hours.

But the guy on 4-10s gets an extra day off that the other guys don't. Do you want a 4 day work week or not ?

40 hours is 40 hours. One comes with 3 days off. The other with only 2 days off. WTF are you talking about ?

What it's leading to is eliminating OT. CUT CUT CUT. First thing to go is OT. Not the first time any of us have seen that. XPO or Con-way.

What it's leading to is eliminating OT. CUT CUT CUT. First thing to go is OT. Not the first time any of us have seen that. XPO or Con-way.
So let’s make sure that doesn’t happen by not agreeing to a four day, ten hour per shift work week with no O/T! Shall we?

Four 10-hour days is interesting. I would strongly consider it at my barn. Hell, we might still even get OT out here... I am working 12+ hrs pretty much every day in the city right now, along with most of the rest of the city drivers, and I'm thinking the extra day might be worth the pay cut.