XPO | Job Selection Process & Favoritism

Look at all of you guys acting like you have a say...

If XPO thinks 4/10s saves money, you'll get 4/10s.

There is, however, a way to, say, unify and have your voice heard and respected...
There just on problem. Who will fill-in when drivers are off burning the week. We have had LH driver put into the city due to to many being off, vacation, LOA, and light duty. Now there going to due a 4/10 sure I see at some places but most like mine we can't get it done even with every there working all 5 days.

Just because it's 4/10s don't mean it would be mon- thu might be mon/tues weds off thu/fri or weds- sat The idea is to get rid of o/t after 8
That's why some have the OT after 40. Think about it if you didn't have the OT after 40 then when you worked 8 per day Mon thru Fri and come Sat all those hours would be straight time too.

These places with 4/10 work weeks...there are none in the south right? I mean there's really no reason to change anything from the company's perspective?

Look at all of you guys acting like you have a say...

If XPO thinks 4/10s saves money, you'll get 4/10s.

There is, however, a way to, say, unify and have your voice heard and respected...

We all have a say. Every day we come to work is a vote for the company. Right now. Country wide. People are casting their votes elsewhere. A lot of people are leaving to work for other companies. Some by choice. Others are being let go. Regardless. You making it sound like we are helpless or hopeless is just ridiculous. The amount of turnover since XPO bought us is amazing. They have gutted the management. And they are actively gutting the drivers. CUT CUT and CUT SOME MORE.

Other LTLs are growing. Have not only the numbers to prove it. Because we all know XPO can do some amazing lying. But have the volume to prove it. We say it all the time. The freight is still gonna move. So every time XPO dumps a customer. Another company gains a customer. And that is nothing but opportunity for a driver. Because there ain't a driver here dumb enough not to realize XPO don't want LTL customers. Or LTL drivers. Or a LTL business. CUT CUT CUT.

And as far as you inferring that a union would be better. The pro union crowd here are all taking jobs up the street at UPS. All it takes is an application. And you get everything handed to you, immediately. Why wait around here another ten years for nothing from XPO ?

Four 10-hour days is interesting. I would strongly consider it at my barn. Hell, we might still even get OT out here... I am working 12+ hrs pretty much every day in the city right now, along with most of the rest of the city drivers, and I'm thinking the extra day might be worth the pay cut.

Yeah. I would love more home time. But also don't see this happening at this terminal. Like you. We can't get off the street as it is. So.... probably not going to happen.

Absolutely NOT!!! That will just open the door to no overtime Don't f**k yourself. NO NO NO

They are trying to figure out a way to get rid of OT without just instantly imploding the LTL. They need time to write things off and transition things into other more profitable areas. Eventually, eliminating OT will be used as a tool to rid themselves of another wave of drivers. It's just easier and cheaper to convince people to get other jobs than it is to fire people or lay them off.