POLITICS 'Joe the Plumber' takes a union job at Chrysler

Discussion in 'Washington D.C.' started by Magoo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

'Joe the Plumber' takes a union job at Chrysler

[​IMG]

Remember, too, that Wurzelbacher's initial question to Obama "on the question of redistributing wealth" involved the business he was supposedly about to buy that would leave him making $250,000 or more and therefore taxed at a higher rate under Obama's plans. In the grand scope of Republican scams, the ones built on this man's image are relatively minor, but let's not forget that the whole reason anyone ever cared about this guy is that he supposedly represented upward mobility, and some vague notion that guys making a lot of money shouldn't be taxed more if they had only just started making a lot of money ... or something like that, it was always incoherent. But even for someone who was taken up by the Right as a voice and a champion, upward mobility was out of reach. To make a living for the long term, he's turned to a union job, and I bet he knows he was lucky to get it.:woot2:

2. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

I'm sure he had to take it, almost impossible to start your own business while Barry's people are running loose, creating regs

3. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Good for him...

4. Bubba74

Bubba74 I live Here

Joe getting a job
    That should lower the overall unemployment rate using Barry Math to about 3.2%

5. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

Obamas economy is so bad that Joe had to take a good paying job with great benefits.

6. Northern Flash

Northern Flash GOOD CHOICE AMERICA. AD-FREE USER

Driver Since:
    Now if Chrysler would only hire about 15 million more of us.

Instead, McDonald's is about the only option.

7. CCXdriver

Sorry about your misfortune, I guess your business empire crumbled?

Anyway, take that burger flipping job, do it with pride, and eventually you may make manager.

8. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    See, you Libs only look out for yourself. I said "us" because I'm one of the folks......business owner or not. You self centered Libs only think about yourself.

Although this might push you over the edge.........My business is doing fine, but again, I look out for other fellow Americans and their well being. You should try it some time.

9. CCXdriver

My, but you're a regular Tom Joad, aren't you!

No, you let the cat out of the bag. But go ahead and keep up with your story, I'm not going to mention it again. Just remember, mustard doesn't belong on hamburgers.

10. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    I had to look up Tom Joad. I had no idea who he is/was.

I'm not sure what "reality" I supposedly let slip out, but it's your story.......you can tell it any way that you want. lol

And yes, you will mention my situation again, because you hate people who have been responsible their entire life and have ZERO dependence on anyone else. The leftists hate people like me that have had a "plan" come to fruition. Drop your jealousy and envy......it keeps you bitter.

11. CCXdriver

Dude, quiet down. You're just digging a deeper hole. :Emoticon_digging:

Take a month off, then come back and claim to be a big shot. People have short memories.

12. Northern Flash

Driver Since:
    If you can show me one single post where I stated that I'm some kind of "big shot" I'll voluntarily take a month off. As I've stated before, multiple times, I have a small business where I can work whenever I want to.........I CONTROL MY OWN SCHEDULE and I CONTROL MY OWN PRICES. I can be as slow as I want to be and I can be as busy as I want to be. I wish that I could give you more details, but I don't want or need any more competition in my business. If you can't respect that.......that's your problem, not mine.
    What people fail to understand, your survival depends on two things, INCOME and DEBT. I haven't had debt in a long time because I don't try to keep up with the Jones. Therefore, I don't need a lot of INCOME either. It's called living within your means. The wife and I have always been good at that, and the Jones race has never affected us.

13. Guardrail

Guardrail I live Here

[​IMG]

Guardrail

14. Bubba74

Bubba74 I live Here

that Cadillac plan will soon be taxable income

15. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

You could look at it a couple ways I guess. Are there that many doing so well on Obama's freebee's, that they had to hire a former plumber, rep candidate, bald white guy, to take an assembly line job? And just a stone's throw from record black unemployment, up the street in Detroit, hmmm...atleast somebody is willing to work, maybe we need the Mexicans afterall