Off-Topic Joke Thread

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GUILTY OF LOOKING AT OTHERS YOUR OWN AGE AND THINKING,“SURELY I CAN'T LOOK THAT OLD.”
WELL, YOU'LL LOVE THIS ONE:
MY NAME IS ALICE , AND I WAS SITTING IN THE WAITING ROOM FOR MY FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH A NEW DENTIST.
I NOTICED HIS DDS DIPLOMA ON THE WALL, WHICH BORE HIS FULL NAME.
SUDDENLY, I REMEMBERED A TALL, HANDSOME, DARK-HAIRED BOY WITH THE SAME NAME HAD BEEN IN MY HIGH SCHOOL CLASS SOME 30-ODD YEARS AGO.
COULD HE BE THE SAME GUY THAT I HAD A SECRET CRUSH ON, WAY BACK THEN?
UPON SEEING HIM, HOWEVER, I QUICKLY DISCARDED ANY SUCH THOUGHT.
THIS BALDING, GRAY-HAIRED MAN WITH THE DEEPLY LINED FACE WAS WAY TOO OLD TO HAVE BEEN MY CLASSMATE.
AFTER HE EXAMINED MY TEETH, I ASKED HIM IF HE HAD ATTENDED MORGAN PARK HIGH SCHOOL .
”YES. YES, I DID. I'M A MUSTANG,” HE GLEAMED WITH PRIDE.
“WHEN DID YOU GRADUATE?” I ASKED.
HE ANSWERED, “IN 1975. WHY DO YOU ASK?”
“YOU WERE IN MY CLASS!” I EXCLAIMED.
HE LOOKED AT ME CLOSELY.

THEN, THAT UGLY,

OLD,

BALD,

WRINKLE-FACED,

FAT-ASSED,

GRAY-HAIRED,

DECREPIT

SON-OF-A-BITCH

ASKED,
”WHAT SUBJECT DID YOU TEACH?”

Today is the date, May 5th...

Most people don't know that back in 1912 Hellman's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the "Titanic" was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York City.

Mexicans were crazy about the stuff.

The Mexican people were eagerly awaiting delivery and were disconsolate ("desperados") at the loss. So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today.

It is known, of course, as ...Sinko de Mayo.

Today is the date, May 5th...

Most people don't know that back in 1912 Hellman's mayonnaise was manufactured in England. In fact, the "Titanic" was carrying 12,000 jars of the condiment scheduled for delivery in Vera Cruz, Mexico which was to be the next port of call for the great ship after New York City.

Mexicans were crazy about the stuff.

The Mexican people were eagerly awaiting delivery and were disconsolate ("desperados") at the loss. So much so that they declared a national day of mourning which they still observe today.

It is known, of course, as ...Sinko de Mayo.
WOW .. should be Stinko de Mayo

Last edited:
That is similar to 'Easy Fix' local adds on Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace etc. "Pristine condition, all it needs is engine & transmission installed". Often the pickup has the engine & other parts in the bed, just needs to be installed after repairs are made to components.
If it was an easy fix, the owner would have already made the repairs & raised the price. I drove several miles last week to look at a tractor that had been sitting for " a while". The lady said all it needed was a battery. When I looked at it there was no coolant in the radiator, the fuel tank was empty & rusted. The "Short time sitting" was actually 3-4 years. Here in the hills we refer to this as "buying a pig in a poke". The engine may be seized due to being run low on coolant, the hydraulics may not work, the clutch may be bad etc. but there is no way to know unless the engine is running.

Take your pick...

YellowBurnedTractor.md.jpeg YellowWreckTractor.md.jpeg
The pic on the left is a Volvo with a Series 60. ABF got the last Volvos with Detroit power on their 2002 order, (500 units). Roadway bought several hundred when ABF sold them. They were among the best LTL tractors we ever had. Volvo & Daimler , (Daimler-Benz owns Detroit Diesel), are compeitors & Volvo stopped building highway tractors with competitors engines in 2002. In fact Volvo wanted to install Cummins engines in the last 250 on that order.