Off-Topic Joke Thread

Ok guys. I’m not going to preach but this is what my wife and I decided to do. We are adopting three children, all siblings, all have different fathers! Same mother but she has big drug problems. Courts gave us TOTAL control and removed all parental rights from mom and dads!! Now we have time to adjust their thinking and give them solid foundations! A home that they can call a HOME! Same schools that they can attend till graduation. And a solid feeling as a family!!! Yep, it might cost my wife and I a quiet retirement but these three kids will have a chance to be on top some day!!! Again, not preaching to anybody but because we have loud opinions on this subject we decided to put up with action and not so much mouth!

Ok guys. I’m not going to preach but this is what my wife and I decided to do. We are adopting three children, all siblings, all have different fathers! Same mother but she has big drug problems. Courts gave us TOTAL control and removed all parental rights from mom and dads!! Now we have time to adjust their thinking and give them solid foundations! A home that they can call a HOME! Same schools that they can attend till graduation. And a solid feeling as a family!!! Yep, it might cost my wife and I a quiet retirement but these three kids will have a chance to be on top some day!!! Again, not preaching to anybody but because we have loud opinions on this subject we decided to put up with action and not so much mouth!
Good Luck brother.... Now they have a chance!

God bless you & Your wife brother these 3 precious children are now going to have a foundation on which to build a life upon. Priceless servanthood. Prayers for this new family To adjust & thrive. :1036316054:

Family is family, blood is blood. If you can provide it without reservations, then hats off!! The return on investment cannot be measured.
:notworthy:

This world could certainly use more good people like you and your spouse in it. Please keep us all posted on the progress of your new children. Who knows, you may well be raising a future United States President!!!

You are a Saint! My prayers are with you! But I doubt this belongs in the Joke Thread, of all places?

My cousin & her husband, whom I admire, have had over 60 foster children over the years. They started wanting only infants till a home could be found but soon older children had to have temporary homes. Most have been mixed race children. A few years ago they brought in an 8 year girl who was deaf. Her family made fun of her & called her "Dog". The judge told them the only way the child could have a home is for them to adopt her. Nobody wanted her because of her handicap & age & her biological family abused her. Their church paid for an ear implant. The child is now an honor student in high school. I could tell stories about the way the children had been treated that would tear your heart out. But also many heart warming stories about the children who were given a chance they would have never had otherwise.

My cousin & her husband, whom I admire, have had over 60 foster children over the years. They started wanting only infants till a home could be found but soon older children had to have temporary homes. Most have been mixed race children. A few years ago they brought in an 8 year girl who was deaf. Her family made fun of her & called her "Dog". The judge told them the only way the child could have a home is for them to adopt her. Nobody wanted her because of her handicap & age & her biological family abused her. Their church paid for an ear implant. The child is now an honor student in high school. I could tell stories about the way the children had been treated that would tear your heart out. But also many heart warming stories about the children who were given a chance they would have never had otherwise.
Thank you! Your story inspires my wife and I to always be a positive light for our children. Your cousin and her husband qualify to be called “Living Saints” in our book! I try to explain to others that these kids just need to feel that they belong. All we do is listen and explain that they are HOME! We will make mistakes but we do it as a family. We tell them how much we love them and we let them know when they screw up. And they let us know when we mess up too! Our three children have been with us three years next month and the stories we have listened to would melt the most heartless of hearts! The truth is that this is not an easy task to accomplish. Some have said “These kids are lucky to have you two” and our response is that “We are lucky to have them!”

Thank you! Your story inspires my wife and I to always be a positive light for our children. Your cousin and her husband qualify to be called “Living Saints” in our book! I try to explain to others that these kids just need to feel that they belong. All we do is listen and explain that they are HOME! We will make mistakes but we do it as a family. We tell them how much we love them and we let them know when they screw up. And they let us know when we mess up too! Our three children have been with us three years next month and the stories we have listened to would melt the most heartless of hearts! The truth is that this is not an easy task to accomplish. Some have said “These kids are lucky to have you two” and our response is that “We are lucky to have them!”
It has not always been easy for them. They say it is difficult to give them up even when they know they are going to a good home. They had twin girls several years ago. The mother was an addict & just would not stay clean. They were not going to separate them & would have adopted them had they not found a home for both. My sister & husband had older foster children in Memphis many years ago. They often kept them for an extended period because few people would adopt older children. Their church helped with expenses. A few came from terrible living conditions & were not 'Housebroken'. They would literally eat with their hands. My sister inherited my mother's & my grandmother's patience but there were strict rules the children had to obey to stay. The goal was to find permanent homes but it was still difficult to give them up.
Foster parenting can be difficult. A friend in town close to here is a police officer. He & his wife also have foster children. They raised one girl from an infant to school age. The biological mother lived in a different state & completed drug rehab & regained custody of the girl. They said they always knew there was a possibility they would eventually lose the girl. I can't imagine the heartbreak of the foster parents & also the child. I only hope the mother is a fit parent.

So as long as we're picking on the old folks.................

On his 90th birthday, an elderly man answers his door to find a sexy prostitute at his door. She says your friends hired me to offer you "Super Sex".

The old man ponders for a second then says: " I'll take the soup"