•    Since Adults seem to be in charge again, Truckingboards is back on Twitter @truckingboards

Politics | Journalists Hook RV Up to $93K Electric Truck, Found It Wouldn't Even Make 100 Miles Before Needing a Recharge

SuperCourse

Loyal Subject Of The GREAT MAGA KING
“With the largest available battery pack, a fully charged 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning electric truck has less energy onboard than a regular F-150 with four gallons of gas in its tank,” Tingwall wrote.

Even with this knowledge, he wanted to test the electric truck for himself. He hitched the truck to a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH camper, which sleeps eight and weighs about 7,200 pounds.

He used the Platinum model of the Ford F-150 Lightning for the test, which costs $92,669.
Tingwall traveled an established 80-mile route, then extrapolated the energy consumption data to determine the truck’s range on a full charge. With the 7.2000-pound trailer, Tingwall found the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning could make it just 90 miles.

:lmao:

Bubba74

I live Here
Premium
that doesnt matter
its the transition

Prairie Palace Covered Wagon

two donkey power
more realiable

The problem with that wet dream is being a mule team is something that I can do well enough. Functioning with that lower level of technology is no problem. Time I have in plenty no hurry to be anywhere in particular.

Michigan Bill

I live Here
The electric trucks so far are a neat toy, nothing more.

I don't see Ford, or any other legacy automaker, trying to rock the boat in earnest, for electric. It's all a big show. I think they're going to do as their told, by whoever pulls their strings.

I do see the rivians on a lot of carhaulers lately, I got a chance to check one out up close, it looks like a damned solid truck.

Northern Flash

Big Boy Toys
Premium
“With the largest available battery pack, a fully charged 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning electric truck has less energy onboard than a regular F-150 with four gallons of gas in its tank,” Tingwall wrote.

Even with this knowledge, he wanted to test the electric truck for himself. He hitched the truck to a 2022 Grand Design Imagine 2910BH camper, which sleeps eight and weighs about 7,200 pounds.

He used the Platinum model of the Ford F-150 Lightning for the test, which costs $92,669.
Tingwall traveled an established 80-mile route, then extrapolated the energy consumption data to determine the truck’s range on a full charge. With the 7.2000-pound trailer, Tingwall found the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning could make it just 90 miles.

:lmao:
But, but, but, without these EVs we'll all be dead in about seven years. LOL

This is more proof that Democrat "feel good" policies suck and that this climate change hoax has become a religion for these leftists.

Northern Flash

Big Boy Toys
Premium
If these leftists could force everyone into electric vehicles overnight the Amish buggies would become extremely popular, since the Amish buggies could get you to your destination quicker than an electric vehicle.
No thanks on the electric vehicles or the horse fart dust being in my face. I'm just fine with my combustion engines.

Michigan Bill

I live Here
But, but, but, without these EVs we'll all be dead in about seven years. LOL

This is more proof that Democrat "feel good" policies suck and that this climate change hoax has become a religion for these leftists.
The legacy automakers are more than happy to get in bed with the democrats, since they see free money, and stiff competition. Ford, gm, and Chrysler aren't competitive with Tesla and Rivian, nevermind the wave of cheap Chinese electric vehicles.

The Chinese EVs probably suck, but I've seen the pricing, and the reviews. 2k for a new electric mini truck. And the guy that bought it and shipped it over here said that it's surprisingly good! 40 mph, 350 miles for range.

They're going to have to get REALLY creative with DOT regulations to keep those out! They've been successful in the past, keeping out Chinese vehicles because of emissions.

Let's imagine for a moment we can juice jack a 18 wheeler in 15 minutes at lunch and drive a thousand miles, do it again every other day.

5 million semi trucks juicing on the chargers 24/7 is going to destroy the National Grid of America which is made of three or four interconnects. From what I understand of say Texas alone is generating and consuming about 80 or so gigawatts as of last week in the heat wave.

Thank god for Diesel semis. If all of them had to juice it off Texas Grid, no one will have power because there isnt much left over after the Generating put that much wattage on a maxed out grid with very little capacity to import.

We are a net generating state and I think in the famous winter storm that froze texas my own area suffered a brown out as the nat gas peaker kicked into action not far from me. 110kWh whipping ass.

This year Nuclear One was serviced and refueled and ready for battle now. Thats 35% of everything we make in power. Take that away, we would be begging for power like the rest.

They actually are trying to build warehouses that is just a battery.

I think one place retired a big fat 800 megawatt power generation facility in favor of a 835 mWh battery facility. Only its extremely expensive.

And does not work when the sun is not shining, wind is not blowing and at night. Replace the whole thing every few years.

King Coal.

Suppose the battery place did work. You would have to put power back into it. Find yourself having to generate even more to feed that parasitical load that will never stop being hungry.

Rastus

...ULTRA..MAGA
Premium
There is the control factor, everybody, {almost} has a can of gas somewhere. How many keep a can of electric? Cut the juice, control the population.
They had a taste of it during the China Virus, what better way of shutting things down.......
Damn right that’s what they’re doing. Controlling all the gas stations is to messy but go against the party just flip one switch and your finished.

There’s no way building the electric cars is better for the environment starting with those filthy batteries and on from there.

Damn right that’s what they’re doing. Controlling all the gas stations is to messy but go against the party just flip one switch and your finished.

There’s no way building the electric cars is better for the environment starting with those filthy batteries and on from there.
They put in digital meters not too long ago.

We were on analog forever. They show up one day and told us digital is going in.

NOPE. Ok you will be billed 20.00 more a month as a penalty.

Fine whatever.

Really?

Yes what part of no do you not understand?

Years later they put in the digital. I made sure to have the home pulling on everything that day when they turned it on to get a baseline electric load of the place.

Now I can run everything and anything and the electric company thinks is just the lights working. Nothing spiky that needs remote intervention.

They asked me once how I liked it, I told them I do not give a damn as long you keep that power going. I dont run a illegal grow house or any of that mess. But I do use power day and night.

Still cheaper than natgas, firewood, and all the rest of it.

No port

Until the solid state battery is invented, electric vehicles will be limited.
I have a battery lawn equipment. Now I love it, it is light easy to use and way less noise. But I have a small area to manage, and if the grass is tall or at all damp it eats the battery twice as fast.
When they say an electric car have 300 mile range, that is on flat ground in ideal driving conditions. If you are driving on hills and have a full load of people and cargo in the trunk, your aren't going 300 miles.

I think from trucking I am very sure of my thinking about physics in terms of availible fuel and capacity of work.

If I clear some of the cobwebs The Cat 3406E engine from the mid 90's era would burn upwards of 34 gallons a hour straight upgrade in lowest gear at high horse RPM. (Not redline)

We did a grade that was about 3 miles and it took about a hour to lift that tonnage up and over that grade. The problem that day was 60 gallons remaining in the 140 gallon capacity tank. There was only one tank on that tractor because ATS of st cloud wanted to save some money and weight with a very light tractor.

The reason this sticks in my mind all these effing years is because with just a 140 gallon tank I was fueling two to three times a day around America. Sometimes I would have less than 10 gallons left, measuring by yardstick into the tank itself and calculating what i can burn in the winter with the Webco bunk heat until midnight (That burned two gallons a hour roughly)

After Midnight I could log the fuel and buy it time stamp, reciepts and all that legally when I got hours back on recap.

Needless to say that company and I parted ways with a story I wont share here. It was really bad. All about money in the end.

My experiences with that little Cat tractor that could do big loads and did... turned into a period of time that I call endless quest for fuel all over America. Disgusting. Counting gallons the way my gramma counted the old green stamps against the upcoming buy of something in the gift book....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock