FedEx Freight | July Bids

hwCZYlT.jpg

The fun has begun looks like west Memphis lost some runs

AVO still waiting on their bids to be posted. I'm anticipating my run to be cut, since it seems to only run 2-4 times every other week.

I know the feeling. I took a chance on a good run but 2nd to last out. In last 3 wks it's been cut all 3 wks except 1 day. Fortunately its vacation season and I run regardless

I know the feeling. I took a chance on a good run but 2nd to last out. In last 3 wks it's been cut all 3 wks except 1 day. Fortunately its vacation season and I run regardless

That's the only real saving grace for me at the minute, vacations keeping me running and a handful of our senior drivers happily sliding their runs down helps also. I guess if they cut my run I'll end up grabbing the 2nd xtra board until the January bid and then take a run with dockwork to float me through the slow season.

That's the only real saving grace for me at the minute, vacations keeping me running and a handful of our senior drivers happily sliding their runs down helps also. I guess if they cut my run I'll end up grabbing the 2nd xtra board until the January bid and then take a run with dockwork to float me through the slow season.

Slow season? This is looking like the slow season. I've been told freight is up from last year, but top heavy on drivers. We might need a purge

Slow season? This is looking like the slow season. I've been told freight is up from last year, but top heavy on drivers. We might need a purge

RDA was telling me that the company is down an average of 15k bills a night when I called to gripe about my run being cut so frequently. ::shrug::

I don't think we necessarily need a purge, but better load planning and forecasting. Several times last month my run was cut and then come to find out the hub I go to ran one of their drivers with freight to my center. Only a matter of time before the compensation claims stop being approved, I imagine that goes up someones a$$ to pay out 476 miles and 2 d/h.

Before we get too wrapped up in any “purge” talk let’s see what the mandatory meetings are about this week in certain locations. We have one in CLT and it may have nothing to do about anything of the sort. They MIGHT have over-hired in some locations because it was expected the economy would continue to grow at the fast rate it was on.

Before we get too wrapped up in any “purge” talk let’s see what the mandatory meetings are about this week in certain locations. We have one in CLT and it may have nothing to do about anything of the sort. They MIGHT have over-hired in some locations because it was expected the economy would continue to grow at the fast rate it was on.
Being the positive thinking person that I am, my guess is that they made our regular monthly “round table meeting” mandatory so they could officially introduce our new RDA to everyone...but what do I know?? :idunno: