R&L | Junior has been gone for a year...

Richard Herbert

TB Lurker
Credits
Any news on LarryII???

Its been a year ago that he left R&L to go farming..

The few times I talked to him on the phone, he was always concerned about the drivers.

I hope he is doing well.

I miss the old days when Senior ran the company, you felt liked you were part of something special...

I always tell people that when I left FedEx Freight it was because of all the paperwork they gave us that they did and the pressure they put on us drove me crazy all the while cutting our hours all the time.I used to tell people that I really liked getting back to being a driver again,doing the job of pick up and delivery with out the BS and the fact that they didn't worry about hours at R+L. Now R+L is no different than FedEx was when I left and that includes cutting hours just to cut hours,no other reason,just like they did to us this morning.Freight was in,trailers ready but they cut our start times back to 10:00 .That crap really bugs me when we don't even get time and a half.

Sadly, this company is now run by spreadsheet managers, and it shows. No longer are we concerned about our customers because we are too worried about what the "numbers" show. Will we ever get rid of these ex YRC wingnuts? I find it hard to accept that LR built this company from a one truck operation to a world wide corporation just to turn it over to a bunch of jackwagons that are going to ruin it with their failed ideas from YRC. Really Mr. Roberts? We trusted you and gave you our all to help make this the best LTL company on the planet. Why are we being left to the wolves?

Now R+L is no different than FedEx was when I left and that includes cutting hours just to cut hours,no other reason,just like they did to us this morning.Freight was in,trailers ready but they cut our start times back to 10:00 .That crap really bugs me when we don't even get time and a half.

Here, if the load's done you can punch in and leave, no matter how early. I do that myself, because some of us here actually care about getting our work done.

If they insist you sit around and twiddle your thumbs until 10, that's what they make pink slips for. Once that last delivery comes off, or the call button on the batphone says "offline", I don't care what happens. I do too much running to be bothered with pickups. Most days I can barely handle the deliveries.

I agree Sapper.

For years, I was this companies happiest employee, never thought I would want to work anywhere else. When they put the YRC rejects in charge, the morale of the company plumeted, and has never recovered.

Treating employee's like thieves, putting them on a pay sheet to do a drop and hook 25 miles away, after they have worked ten hours. Not taking into account signing and scanning 25 bills. Most of the runs at our yard ends up paying 5-6 dollars an hour less than our hourly rate.( A real morale booster)

Pushing our start times back, and then pushing you to hurry all day long, and then jumping you ass because you missed a delivery or pick-up.
(not to mention you never get to take a lunch break)

Junk roll up doors that they won't fix or replace, that you struggle with all day long, not to mention the rest of the equipment and FACILITIES.
(For the ones who say write the equipment up, WE DO EVERYDAY, they have so much to fix, and sometimes to save money, they are told not to fix certain things, lot of times they don't have the parts to fix the equipment)

Yea I know, some will say if you don't like it quit, well I'll tell ya, I have worked damn hard for my 4 weeks vacation, and I'm not going anywhere till I decide to.

I think I'm gonna hold out and see if I can out last the YRC-RL crew.

Sadly, this company is now run by spreadsheet managers, and it shows. No longer are we concerned about our customers because we are too worried about what the "numbers" show. Will we ever get rid of these ex YRC wingnuts? I find it hard to accept that LR built this company from a one truck operation to a world wide corporation just to turn it over to a bunch of jackwagons that are going to ruin it with their failed ideas from YRC. Really Mr. Roberts? We trusted you and gave you our all to help make this the best LTL company on the planet. Why are we being left to the wolves?

Last edited by a moderator: