Estes | Junky loaner Tractors

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Is it normal that when your tractor breaks down the loaner you are giving is some of the rattiest equipment they can find. Seats worn out that kills your butt and back. Half the stuff in the cab dont work. Almost makes you not want to come in because the loaner equipment is worn out. A company this size could rid of the garbage and let some of the more decent equipment be loaners. I guarantee nobody in management would drive that garbage for one day.

Visitor here. Happens where I work also. The nearest terminal or where you limp into give out the truck nobody wants to use. But our junk is in pretty decent shape. Spoiled i guess

Most don't have updated permits in them either. That's assuming you can find the book under all the trash that's been left behind from the last 30 drivers to take it. Take something different, they all have an E on the side.
Years ago there was no book , just crumpled up papers and now if the truck is new the driver is running with a paper work packet full of absolutely worthless papers from the truck dealer , the state trooper dont need the alignment specs or the air seat instructions

Years ago there was no book , just crumpled up papers and now if the truck is new the driver is running with a paper work packet full of absolutely worthless papers from the truck dealer , the state trooper dont need the alignment specs or the air seat instructions
At YRC, every tandem has instructions on mirror replacement, and a picture of me driving at the National Truck Driving Championships in the permit folder.

At YRC, every tandem has instructions on mirror replacement, and a picture of me driving at the National Truck Driving Championships in the permit folder.
Is the picture (96 or 102"?
Interest Popcorn GIF by Landon Moss

A picture of his chair in the dumpster or out on the dead line would be grand in the drivers room , hey don't listen to Smoke I'm the guy that would throw the chair on top of the building . :nut kick:

Is it normal that when your tractor breaks down the loaner you are giving is some of the rattiest equipment they can find. Seats worn out that kills your butt and back. Half the stuff in the cab dont work. Almost makes you not want to come in because the loaner equipment is worn out. A company this size could rid of the garbage and let some of the more decent equipment be loaners. I guarantee nobody in management would drive that garbage for one day.
Brother!, write it up; DOT regulations doesn't allow you to drive a defective truck. Everything is about safety (driver seat, gauges, holes, seat belts, mirrors, floor padding, a/c , defoggers and on and on. When mechanics don't find those parts, company get it out of the system as a junk equipment.

Most don't have updated permits in them either. That's assuming you can find the book under all the trash that's been left behind from the last 30 drivers to take it. Take something different, they all have an E on the side.
Don't drive it ,own fault, we have refused sleepers, that we're ::shit:: boxes

Brother!, write it up; DOT regulations doesn't allow you to drive a defective truck. Everything is about safety (driver seat, gauges, holes, seat belts, mirrors, floor padding, a/c , defoggers and on and on. When mechanics don't find those parts, company get it out of the system as a junk equipment.
Will do. Also was told by another driver if they claim thats all they have to call break down and they would get the terminal to get me one that works or make them go rent me one which no terminal wants to do and have to use their budget money. Wish the terminals were not against each other with their budget your budget whosever busget and just be we are one team one trucking company named Estes.

They aren't going to rent you a tractor.They'd rather send you home. They stopped renting tractors several years ago because it cost to much. Yes, loaners are usually junk. All the decent trucks are assigned. If you go cry to central and they force your terminal to give you a truck, guess what? That's someones assigned truck you're going to take. Now youre forcing your loaner on to another driver. Don't be that guy. We all have to drive worn out junk every now and then. Do your time in it and move on..