FedEx Freight | Jury Duty Pay

purple_beer

TB Lurker
Credits
I looked up the company policy on the inter web at work and it said nothing about a maximum time you can be out and get jury duty pay it says your paid 8 hours at your normal hourly rate...my TM is trying to tell me it’s only 3 days paid max.
Anyone have experience with this?
The company policy is the company policy so it shouldn’t change from state to state I would guess.

Most companies pay you for the duration. A federal grand jury can last 2 years not everyday but 2 years
That’s what I thought.
I went today and have to report back again tomorrow as they haven’t finished jury selection. My supervisor (not the TM) is printing out the policy for me to let me know the specifics.

I got a copy of the FXF jury duty policy and you get paid 8 hours a day at your regular hourly rate, no limit/max on how long you are on a jury.
Salaried employees get their regular salary and road drivers get their regular hourly rate.

So of course my TM was bs’ing us.
The judge said using work as an excuse doesn’t work to get you out of jury duty anymore.

I looked up the company policy on the inter web at work and it said nothing about a maximum time you can be out and get jury duty pay it says your paid 8 hours at your normal hourly rate...my TM is trying to tell me it’s only 3 days paid max.
The company policy is the company policy so it shouldn’t change from state to state I would guess.

It seems as if he's confusing it with bereavement pay.

That
That’s a good point I think that’s what he was thinking about. Strange only give you three days for the death of a loved one but jury duty is unlimited:idunno:

I was on the Grand Jury a year, only had to show up a day each month.
My big bucks came from jury money, I think it was $4 a day.

You only get paid if the guy is found guilty. Otherwise, thank you for your service.

Your SCM is wrong. I was on a civil case that lasted two weeks and got paid for every weekday that I was required to be there. Make sure you present the original summons. If he pushes the issue HR is just a phone call away.

Also prepare to sign over your jury”paycheck “ to Fedex.
Negative sir... you keep your jury pay and FedEx pay.

The state I live in is pretty fair with Jury pay. $20/day for the first 5 days then $50/day for the next 5 days after that plus mileage to and from the court house. After the first week of the trial the judge was really pushing the sides to settle lol. It was getting expensive.
I lived quite a distance away. Federal jury pay, on their other hand, is a joke.

Most people don’t want to do jury duty, I enjoyed my time, especially considering it was a civil case and somebody’s freedom wasn’t at stake. It was intriguing seeing how the legal system works. Fun fact, after we rendered our verdict, which didn’t pan out to either side really, they settled on terms they had tried to negotiate two years before the trial. So basically it was a waste of time and resources for our county lol.

The state I live in is pretty fair with Jury pay. $20/day for the first 5 days then $50/day for the next 5 days after that plus mileage to and from the court house. After the first week of the trial the judge was really pushing the sides to settle lol. It was getting expensive.
I lived quite a distance away. Federal jury pay, on their other hand, is a joke.

Most people don’t want to do jury duty, I enjoyed my time, especially considering it was a civil case and somebody’s freedom wasn’t at stake. It was intriguing seeing how the legal system works. Fun fact, after we rendered our verdict, which didn’t pan out to either side really, they settled on terms they had tried to negotiate two years before the trial. So basically it was a waste of time and resources for our county lol.

That was a misprint, Dave meant, to Coop Dispatch

My dispatcher set the TM straight today on the jury duty pay policy...amazes me that the TM wouldn’t know this policy.
I can’t possibly be the first person to ever get jury duty on his watch he’s been the TM for over 7 years.

And I ain’t paying Fedex squat I’m keeping my $40 a day!

I wouldn’t mind it if were reimbursed the day’s pay were losing. Otherwise, they can shove their “civic duty”.