XPO | Just accepted a Job at XPO (P&D)

... be leery of the person who asks you when no one can hear, " so where are they sending you today, or what customers do you have today". Just avoid that situation and you'll have a good day. Best of luck..
That and “you workin Saturday?”

Depending on what your answer is, that’ll have somebody run right into the TM’s office

The advice that I will give you is this, just do your job to the best you can. They are right if you go above and beyond then the supervisors will except it all the time. Don’t rush and get into accidents, cause that is one of the few ways you will lose your job. Working the dock can suck, mostly due to the weather, meaning the outside air temperature, but it could mean Ot or you getting your 8.If anyone ask about Saturday don’t worry cause that means they want to work the weekend and you don’t have to. And finally try your best to stay away from the work place drama

At this barn the drivers all bid on linehaul, that’s what I wanted tbh, they are short on drivers so manager told me yes I will get the 💩 runs but it will be 💩 runs in the city. I don’t mind operating a forklift or working dock, I sat in a seat for 10+ years just driving it’ll be good to do something different.
True and don’t forget the new employee policy that just took effect. Pretty much 3 strikes and you are out. I can’t wait to see this backfire on this so call heroes making all these changes. Learnt to respect employees instead of treating them like robots and you will not need a change in policy ever.

True and don’t forget the new employee policy that just took effect. Pretty much 3 strikes and you are out. I can’t wait to see this backfire on this so call heroes making all these changes. Learnt to respect employees instead of treating them like robots and you will not need a change in policy ever.
That’s what happens when your run by bean counters and HR. Give it a few months… we will be back to short staffed and not being able to cover the freight or pickups. But hey… the numbers will look good.

Yea right, Had a driver with 3 preventable accidents in 6 months, fresh out of XPO school. Nothing was done as they tried to sweep it under the rug thinking no one knew. Took someone calling ethics hotline for HR to do there job.

Too bad the dock isn’t part of the 3 strikes program. Plenty of repeat offenders out there.

Too bad the dock isn’t part of the 3 strikes program. Plenty of repeat offenders out there.
With our system, there’s no way to have an incident free night. Not long ago, they were making guys call in an accident if your lift touched anything, freight, another lift, etc. lasted one night.

With our system, there’s no way to have an incident free night. Not long ago, they were making guys call in an accident if your lift touched anything, freight, another lift, etc. lasted one night.
That there is the old “pound of prevention worth an ounce of cure” crap. My experience it never is

I think what @Dwell Time was gettin at was jamming skids together, runnin tubes and bundles and ::shit:: over and spearing stuff. People need they asses busted for ::shit:: like that. God knows its a damn federal case if a driver has anything happen on the road

That there is the old “pound of prevention worth an ounce of cure” crap. My experience it never is

I think what @Dwell Time was gettin at was jamming skids together, runnin tubes and bundles and ::::shit:::: over and spearing stuff. People need they asses busted for ::::shit:::: like that. God knows its a damn federal case if a driver has anything happen on the road
Amen brotha

What a nightmare. Sounds like they were more interested in terminating people above anything else . Unchecked power usually goes astray sooner or later .

What a nightmare. Sounds like they were more interested in terminating people above anything else . Unchecked power usually goes astray sooner or later .
It really does seem that way. If you guys aren’t keeping track of your attendance you might want to.