XPO | Just accepted a Job at XPO (P&D)

It’s the new flavor at my place. If you’re on the list they’re whistling you into the office to have a chat about your attendance. 3 points seems to be the magic number..these guys are working hard to dig up the dirt.

It’s the new flavor at my place. If you’re on the list they’re whistling you into the office to have a chat about your attendance. 3 points seems to be the magic number..these guys are working hard to dig up the dirt.
Yep, that's who it works. At three points you have a conversation, followed by an LOI at 4 and 5 points. Point 6 is termination. Don't forget being late or leaving early without permission are 1/2 pt events. Don't forget that in order to be fired for attendance, an employee would have to reach 12 points within one year after the first event because attendance points are assigned on a rolling twelve month system. It's not about digging up dirt, it's about making sure the company has the manpower required for the daily tasks at hand and this has been the policy for a long time now and it's available to see simply by asking an HR rep.

Yep, that's who it works. At three points you have a conversation, followed by an LOI at 4 and 5 points. Point 6 is termination. Don't forget being late or leaving early without permission are 1/2 pt events. Don't forget that in order to be fired for attendance, an employee would have to reach 12 points within one year after the first event because attendance points are assigned on a rolling twelve month system. It's not about digging up dirt, it's about making sure the company has the manpower required for the daily tasks at hand and this has been the policy for a long time now and it's available to see simply by asking an HR rep.
You are correct except for one thing. The points aren’t washing off after a rolling calendar year. And when being called into the office said points do not match what is actually on computer versus what company stooge is shoving in front of your face to sign. One other thing - why the heck would anybody have to justify an absence from 2021? Sounds like nitpicking to me, but that’s just my 2 cents.

You are correct except for one thing. The points aren’t washing off after a rolling calendar year. And when being called into the office said points do not match what is actually on computer versus what company stooge is shoving in front of your face to sign. One other thing - why the heck would anybody have to justify an absence from 2021? Sounds like nitpicking to me, but that’s just my 2 cents.
Of course it is. Freights down, they have time to nitpick. When we’re balls to the wall in freight, everything is forgotten. For now, don’t give them a reason to look at you.

If a manager or your HR person nitpicked you or someone you know in the way you describe, then they violated company policy. What I originally posted is totally correct. But hey, don't take my word for it. You can see it for yourself at www.myxpo.xpo.com Click on the "employee handbook" icon. Once it's open, scroll to page 49, it's right there.

20230610_181606-1.md.jpeg

It’s a good time to clean house while slow . They are looking reasons to terminate people instead of laying off .

Keep in mind you are employee at will . They need no reason to fire anyone as such. Company policy does not need to be applied . Company policy has no legal bounds .

Last edited:
If a manager or your HR person nitpicked you or someone you know in the way you describe, then they violated company policy. What I originally posted is totally correct. But hey, don't take my word for it. You can see it for yourself at www.myxpo.xpo.com Click on the "employee handbook" icon. Once it's open, scroll to page 49, it's right there.

What you posted doesn't mean sh1t. Read section 1, page 4, Second paragraph. I quote
"The Employee Handbook is not intended to be a contract of employment, expressed or implied, between any employee and XPO. Employment at XPO is “at will,” which means you may terminate your employment at any time, or your employment may be terminated by XPO for any reason with or without advance notice"
So in no way are they violating any company policy. So they can come in and walk you out at anytime, for any reason, or no reason at all.

Web-capture_13-6-2023_132740_.md.jpeg

Then read the third paragraph " . XPO reserves the right to interpret, amend, modify and/or terminate these policies at any time, as well as the benefit plans referred to in this Handbook, with or without advance notice.

Web-capture_13-6-2023_132740_c2f55a9086cb042f.md.jpeg

Hey look they even say it again on page 73. Bullet point #6. The page you sign. "I understand that the Company’s Policies are not intended to create or be a contract of employment or to guarantee my employment or the terms and conditions of my employment. I remain an employee-at-will and either I or the Company may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause."

Web-capture_13-6-2023_134442_.md.jpeg

Hey look they even say it again on page 73. Bullet point #6. The page you sign. "I understand that the Company’s Policies are not intended to create or be a contract of employment or to guarantee my employment or the terms and conditions of my employment. I remain an employee-at-will and either I or the Company may terminate my employment at any time, for any reason, with or without cause."

Web-capture_13-6-2023_134442_.md.jpeg

So why are you trying so hard to bust my balls? I posted the handbook page in response to another employee who was appearing to me to be passing bad information. Mind yer biz, please.

So why are you trying so hard to bust my balls? I posted the handbook page in response to another employee who was appearing to me to be passing bad information. Mind yer biz, please.
How did I post bad information? I said you were correct except for one thing. Think you need analyze who the ball-breaker is bud.

If Xpo was bound by it’s own policy one could make the argument that policy applies and must be followed by the company in cases for
need of disapline . Their policy is meaningless. Period . It’s there to give management guidance but does not have to be followed. It can used or not used when determined by upper management. You can be the perfect employee for years and if they see fit your gone if it suites them . The material Flybynight posted spells that out quite plain. I have witnessed it first hand on a number of occasions.

Last edited:
If Xpo was bound by it’s own policy one could make the argument that policy applies and must be followed by the company in cases for
need of disapline . Their policy is meaningless. Period . It’s there to give management guidance but does not have to be followed. It can used or not used when determined by upper management. You can be the perfect employee for years and if they see fit your gone if it suites them . The material Flybynight posted spells that out quite plain. I have witnessed it first hand on a number of occasions.
Speaking anecdotally, I've seen a lot of people come and go and I have yet to see anyone at my domicile get fired without cause, or putting it another way, get fired just because. I'm not denying that it cannot happen, but just because the company can, doesn't mean it will. The people I have seen fired for cause, IMO, would have been fired sooner had I had a say in it. I've been on these boards for nearly 15 years and I remember you're other alias and the things you posted then and I cannot recall a time where you ever had anything nice to say about Conway or XPO. To me you're coming off as prejudiced.

Speaking anecdotally, I've seen a lot of people come and go and I have yet to see anyone at my domicile get fired without cause, or putting it another way, get fired just because. I'm not denying that it cannot happen, but just because the company can, doesn't mean it will. The people I have seen fired for cause, IMO, would have been fired sooner had I had a say in it. I've been on these boards for nearly 15 years and I remember you're other alias and the things you posted then and I cannot recall a time where you ever had anything nice to say about Conway or XPO. To me you're coming off as prejudiced.
I must have liked something to be here all these years. If your thinking my criticism comes from a hatred of Con-Way or Xpo you are mistaken. It’s quite the contrary. I am critical of the aspects of this company that is anti worker. You and me busted are asses for years to make this company what it was . When a company loses focus of who is responsible for its success I feel it has created a recipe for its demise . I look at it as I’m am holding them to a hire standard when it comes to recognizing that . Probably means chit to them and some that post here but I feel it’s the right thing .

Oh and I have seen this company come up with reasons during the union drive to fire people with made up reasons . Everyone of those driver were found to be unlawfully discharged and were made whole from an order from the labor board. Not one of them chose to take their jobs back when given the opportunity through the labor board . They saw what they were capable of. if they did it for that they are capable under any circumstance to do it again.
You are free to believe what you want but that does not dismiss what I witnessed it in all do respect to you.

Xpo policy as they have is not worth the paper it’s printed on. It tells you that within its own context.

Last edited:
Well I was there just 9 year and seen it many times. They call it "Economic Termination" or basically your fired for no reason. They could have done a lay off but no. In fact it happened just back in April of this year. At one place they did to a total of 15 people and other 6 at another barn. I seen this with both Con-way and XPO and every time they get burned. The one year Con-way did it my place. Got rid of 6 dockworks, 3 of them said they would go part time just call when you need us, but they said no. Within one month we were neck deep in freight and they were wandering why they could hire anyone. Word gets out. Yet now you hear how you should hung the customers freight. Well if you want employee's to care about the customers freight then the company needs to care about their employees. I have seem many case of were the safety of the driver didn't matter as long as there numbers look good.