Just Checking In

wizzard-100

TB Lurker
Credits
Well it's been 3 years now since black Monday. Still miss the place, yeah I know get over it, find a new home etc... Easier said than done. I was comparing the companies I went to since Jevic with the way Jevic was. Yeah you guessed it you can't. Now I have found a new way to look at things ( wife's idea here ) Last job I had was with an Illinois based company named Brandt Truck Lines. I do believe that I have hit the absolute bottom in my driving carrier. I won't go into a rant about Brandt. Let's just say that they have closed. Goodbye good riddance, I can't think of a company that deserved it more. Now I just compare any new company to Brandt. Holy crap! what a concept.

But that's not why I am posting now. I just wanted to say hi and see how everyone was doing. Fewer and fewer people are posting on the Jevic thread, and that is understandable. Memories do fade with time, new friends are made and we adjust to our new environments. I started working for R+L Carriers a month ago. They are treating me good and things are starting to look up. It's been a rough 3 years and I am looking forward to adjusting to my new environment.

Deep down I still consider myself lucky to have been a member of the "Best Of The Best" We were something unique in our industry. We should be proud of what we did in it. Jevic may be gone but it won't be forgotten. I made some good friends there. My memories in time will fade, but they won't be forgotten either. So like I said earlier, I just wanted to say hi.

Al K.
J2 local
[email protected]

still missing jevic

Brother, I know how you feel. Had just shy of 10 yrs. with them,J7 local driver. Now I run corrugated over 6 states, fair job but I get home every night and we manage to pay the bills.barely. Keeping my eyes open for something better but knowing there will never be another Jevic.

Hearing how you guys feel just tells me how i'm going to feel. Timmy is doing the same thing to my company right now. Argueing with the union , Closeing Small Branches. Its just same old same old for this guy. With one exception just like with Jevic. no mater how many good Company he ruins or helps ruin , there will allways be some other Numbskull that will hire him. Good luck to you guys you didn't deserve what happend to you. Good wishes to you and your familys that didn't deserve what they got either.

Jack. I am with A Duie Pyle.Running for the truckload side. Have you looked at them? Term in Streetsboro.Other ex jevic guys working local in West Chester,Pa seem to like it

[QUOTE=wizzard-100;12799 I won't go into a rant about Brandt. Let's just say that they have closed. Goodbye good riddance, I can't think of a company that deserved it more. Now I just compare any new company to Brandt. Holy crap! what a concept.

Thats what shocked the crap out me last year at the reunion wizzard, to hear you say you went to work for them. Still have not found " HOME", but thank my lucky stars I did not also end up over there. Was offered a drivers test emediately after interview, but luckily held them for a xtra week and went else where....woooohhhh, that was close. Anyway, ya anything from here forward, should be better off than what you had. GOOD LUCK on new venture !!!

well rjjr, they opened up a small terminal 5 min. from my house. day time gig, running the same route I had at Jevic. I was just using it as a place to stay until something better came up. It has, R + L is treating me good.

well rjjr, they opened up a small terminal 5 min. from my house. day time gig, running the same route I had at Jevic. I was just using it as a place to stay until something better came up. It has, R + L is treating me good.

glad to hear you landed on your feet again, and things are looking up. Maybe someday we can all go to the reunion and say to one another that we have all found new homes for jobs. Not enough notice this year, so will miss the reunion this year,say hi to all, and good luck to all