TForce | Just curious...

The explaination was the old board got too fat and bloated which led to many corruptions on the old server. This is a new board, on a new faster, larger server, that will be the new home for a (hopefully) long time to come. This is the place you want to be. Welcome back.:clap:

Animo916 said:
The explaination was the old board got too fat and bloated which led to many corruptions on the old server. This is a new board, on a new faster, larger server, that will be the new home for a (hopefully) long time to come. This is the place you want to be. Welcome back.:clap:

I feel a little fat and bloated sometimes listening to people fighting with each other on here. I'm hoping that the new board can be a learning and informational board so we can get the right info out........:nutkick:

falcon465 said:
I feel a little fat and bloated sometimes listening to people fighting with each other on here. I'm hoping that the new board can be a learning and informational board so we can get the right info out........:nutkick:

Falcon, what kind of info do you want?
What are your questions?
What are your concerns?

As a UPS employee and UPS Teamsters I'd be happy to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. However as a former Freight Teamster (almost 20 years) I won't compare apples to oranges in reguards to Overnite operation, UPS's contracts or workrules.
Overnite and UPS are two entirely different operations and seperatley run companies. Have different goals, offer different services, and make vastly different amounts of money than one another.

I will not reply to rumors about impending strikes in August '08 or wages freezes, because none exist. UPS Teamsters will not strike for you if you chose to stay non-union. They will however support you in your drive to organize if you so choose to do.
I stood on the rally lines at Lincoln RI, Southboro Mass, and walked the infomation picket line at Stoneham Mass as a Freight Teamsters during the Onite debacle and would do the same again as a UPS Teamster. As far as a wage freeze, our next two raises are a dollar each, if UPS is hurting and needs a wages freeze they would be asking the union for releif now. Don't count on it, it will never happen. Look at the latest profit reports. UPS makes wheelbarrow loads a money every second of the day and will continue to do so. They purchased Onite with cash, they one thing UPS has plenty off.

The Teamster are an organization with a common goal. That goal being, giving the worker the voice in the workplace. It's not about what money they can get for the pension(s) or who controls whom or who controls what. The funds aren't going to come tumbling down or crash if you elect not to be Teamsters. The Teamsters are 1.4 million strong. If Onite should go fully union and you are 14,000 employees strong that's only a 1% increase. See what I'm saying?
A 1% increase isn't going to bring the pension from the "depths of despair" that the Onite managers preach to you. Preach to you, by the way, in closed meetings with no Teamster rebuttal. The Teamsters can only spread their word through us, they can't come to you, at your terminal and preach to you in a meeting or spread properganda and use idle threats in a capative audience setting.

Again I'd be happy to offer any info about the Teamsters, their beniftis, their pros and cons.

Later T251

Had my interview

Hello everyone,

Well to let the cat out of the bag, I just had my interview with the ups HRM. Here the scoop I have 7 to 8 years at Yellow, Columbus Ohio location.Here this terminal I am getting now where!!!!:chairshot:

Well he what was said they expect freight levels to be up all and year, and have people retiring two. So the chances of a fulltime spot a possibility. The spot I applied for was a fulltime Seasonal feeder driver.They said they could work me fulltime Hour May-sept. sit home for Oct. and come back for Nov-Dec.rush then would be laid off for the winter.
\
So the way i look at it is to be a good fulltime casual all year and hope that i get put on fulltime or have enough weeks in so relax and get my umemployment for the winter and come back march ,april the next and try again. I is a big risk but one that is worth it , Need help thanks Brothers:tribehasspoken:

T251,

I couldn't have said it any better. As always a well informed post. Lots of information that the company doesn't outright tell them, and therefore they are unaware just how onesided the company's stories are or thetactics a company will go through to stay nonunion. These people don't realize the millions upon millions of dollars that companies spend to stay nonunion, meanwhile , if they simply saved these monies and organized, they could have offered the workforce better packages and still saved tons of money in the process.

Aikidostudent said:
Hello everyone,

Well to let the cat out of the bag, I just had my interview with the ups HRM. Here the scoop I have 7 to 8 years at Yellow, Columbus Ohio location.Here this terminal I am getting now where!!!!:chairshot:

Well he what was said they expect freight levels to be up all and year, and have people retiring two. So the chances of a fulltime spot a possibility. The spot I applied for was a fulltime Seasonal feeder driver.They said they could work me fulltime Hour May-sept. sit home for Oct. and come back for Nov-Dec.rush then would be laid off for the winter.
\
So the way i look at it is to be a good fulltime casual all year and hope that i get put on fulltime or have enough weeks in so relax and get my umemployment for the winter and come back march ,april the next and try again. I is a big risk but one that is worth it , Need help thanks Brothers:tribehasspoken:

Aikido, this forum is Overnite/UPS Freight.
Sounds like you applied to UPS to work on the package side.
Great move, I did the same May '04 when USF RedStar closed down illegally. Been here ever since.

You are coming on at a real good time. Huge changes in UPS Feeder Linehaul service and Fast Lane service between major cities is delevoping very quickly. Colombus is one of the hubs experiencing major changes sooner than others. I'm out of Providence RI and we are experiencing the same. Feeder list has doubled in the last six month. We are over 100 Feeder drivers. Both Hubs share Mid-week Sleeper team runs to each building.
Alot of freight is coming off the rails, in other words they are moving it on the ground, with better results then sticking it on the train.

June 1 to Sept 15th you will work everyday covering vacations, October 1 thru December 31 you will work everyday covering Holiday build up, peak extras, and vacation runs.

Only expect the last two week of Sept off (contract language). Work one day after January 1 and you are on the list.

Good luck, feel free to Private Message me if you have any questions.

Later T251

Animo916 said:
T251,

I couldn't have said it any better. As always a well informed post. Lots of information that the company doesn't outright tell them, and therefore they are unaware just how onesided the company's stories are or thetactics a company will go through to stay nonunion. These people don't realize the millions upon millions of dollars that companies spend to stay nonunion, meanwhile , if they simply saved these monies and organized, they could have offered the workforce better packages and still saved tons of money in the process.

Thanks for the info.....I'll get out and see what the issues are and see if I can get some questions to be answered. I'm up for being part of the sollution....not the problem. I won't stand to be harrassed and threatened to lose my job to look at my options.....but I think a lot of people are set in their ways and are afraid to talk to the union guys because of the past. The information needs to get to the people of O'nite....without the thoughts of the old times.:rolleyes:

I think the more we can keep our minds open the more we can understand what is going on. I'm just really curious of why UPS doesn't say one way or the other. They've had the union for years......what has changed??

Teamster251 said:
Falcon, what kind of info do you want?
What are your questions?
What are your concerns?

As a UPS employee and UPS Teamsters I'd be happy to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. However as a former Freight Teamster (almost 20 years) I won't compare apples to oranges in reguards to Overnite operation, UPS's contracts or workrules.
Overnite and UPS are two entirely different operations and seperatley run companies. Have different goals, offer different services, and make vastly different amounts of money than one another.

I will not reply to rumors about impending strikes in August '08 or wages freezes, because none exist. UPS Teamsters will not strike for you if you chose to stay non-union. They will however support you in your drive to organize if you so choose to do.
I stood on the rally lines at Lincoln RI, Southboro Mass, and walked the infomation picket line at Stoneham Mass as a Freight Teamsters during the Onite debacle and would do the same again as a UPS Teamster. As far as a wage freeze, our next two raises are a dollar each, if UPS is hurting and needs a wages freeze they would be asking the union for releif now. Don't count on it, it will never happen. Look at the latest profit reports. UPS makes wheelbarrow loads a money every second of the day and will continue to do so. They purchased Onite with cash, they one thing UPS has plenty off.

The Teamster are an organization with a common goal. That goal being, giving the worker the voice in the workplace. It's not about what money they can get for the pension(s) or who controls whom or who controls what. The funds aren't going to come tumbling down or crash if you elect not to be Teamsters. The Teamsters are 1.4 million strong. If Onite should go fully union and you are 14,000 employees strong that's only a 1% increase. See what I'm saying?
A 1% increase isn't going to bring the pension from the "depths of despair" that the Onite managers preach to you. Preach to you, by the way, in closed meetings with no Teamster rebuttal. The Teamsters can only spread their word through us, they can't come to you, at your terminal and preach to you in a meeting or spread properganda and use idle threats in a capative audience setting.

Again I'd be happy to offer any info about the Teamsters, their beniftis, their pros and cons.

Later T251
right on with that,we've all seen way too many captive audience meeting at 'o',were the terminal manager,or morons like 'the cigar' Driscoll,or 'Rasputin', GOD,WHAT ********S ,tell you' your stupid,misinformed,gullible' for even asking a simple question,or giving a simple rebuttal,to them I say:moon2: :moon2:

CHARLES BRONSON said:
: p.s.you can tell their lying,their lips are moving,and you asked/said something they did'nt like,especially the'u' word:
YA,YOU F...CKED UP REAL BAD,1.you got a brain/mind of your own.2 you did just that,asked a question/s,3 they don't like either of the above,4 they get real peeved :hissyfit: when they can't/won't answer/are'nt smart enought to answer questions,5 they don't like questions,period 6 all of the above.7,their probably thinking/wishing 'wish we were in china/mexico,i'd have you lined up against a wall,call in the firing squad(no pun intended)::sadwavey: in a real hurry,for questioing management',or 8',just for that,your not getting your $1.00 a day,stirfried rat&bowl of rice+cardboard shack for an 19/20 hour workday,9:sumo: 's gonna give you another peepee slap if you keep it up:nutkick:

CHARLES BRONSON said:
right on with that,we've all seen way too many captive audiece meeting at 'o',were the terminal manager,or morons like 'the cigar' driscoll,or 'rasputin',tell you' your stupid,misinformed,gullible' for even asking a simple question,or giving a simple rebuttal,to them i say:
you mean:sumo: DRISCOLL,and:loser: :jerkit: :butthead:RASPUTIN ,TURDS,CAN YA FEEL THE LOVE&GOOD VIBES,EVERYONE,PEACE/SOUL!