Just Damn

Started out my career with a COE Freightliner with 903 V8. I believe that was the engine size. Had a compression release chain under the drivers door. That was tough trying to pull that and press the ignition button at the same time.

I know you mean, starter button.
I haven't seen a compression release since the old NH Cummins days, didn't know they were on 903s
We would hold the throttle wide open, lift the valves and put out more smoke than an old Associated Transport Brown.
Ryder had so many complaints, they were all disconnected.

I know you mean, starter button.
I haven't seen a compression release since the old NH Cummins days, didn't know they were on 903s
We would hold the throttle wide open, lift the valves and put out more smoke than an old Associated Transport Brown.
Ryder had so many complaints, they were all disconnected.
That's probably what it was. As the band BOSTON said..Its been such a long time....

I don't know if you remember the old Associated Browns, we couldn't stay in the same county with them, but you
could follow the smoke 2 miles or more.
Never heard of them, but we had a Everette Truck Lines that could of made money as a mosquito removal service.

Never heard of them, but we had a Everette Truck Lines that could of made money as a mosquito removal service.

I think Roadway aquired them years ago, their tractors and trailers were built in Charlotte, I think.
They were refirbished there for sure, from the ground up, both units were called Browns

Ej3s3JL.jpg

My first trucking job was with a very small company that rented a few doors on the Associated Transport dock in Romulus Michigan in 1973. The P.I.E dock was just down the road.

They ran day cabs on the south end, just like this sleeper, straight 5 spds, no aux, 175 Cummins, these old horses
ruled the roads in the 50s and 60s.