Yellow | Just Follow The Freight!

bubbadog121

TB Veteran
Credits
I have heard the" I am going to just follow the freight, if, YRC goes under" theory several times recently ,and, I wanted to point out something.

First, the theory only works, if, all of our competitors are currently at 100% capacity....They are not!
They are feeling the sluggish economy just like we are.

Secondly, our competitors already have established lanes and networks running the same places we do.

Therefore, there will be more jobs lost, than, jobs created, if, YRC goes under.

Does anyone recall the CF days? How there was a flurry of activity for a few months, then, the dust settled, and it was, business as usual?

I have heard the" I am going to just follow the freight, if, YRC goes under" theory several times recently ,and, I wanted to point out something.

First, the theory only works, if, all of our competitors are currently at 100% capacity....They are not!

Secondly, our competitors already have established lanes and networks running the same places we do.

Therefore, there will be more jobs lost, than, jobs created, if, YRC goes under.

Does anyone recall the CF days? How there was a flurry of activity for a few months, then, the dust settled, and it was, business as usual?
I work at ABF we have an ad on Craigslist now for 6 months, no takers it's p&d no weekends.. This is a dying breed, no one wants to do this anymore .....
]

I work at ABF we have an ad on Craigslist now for 6 months, no takers it's p&d no weekends.. This is a dying breed, no one wants to do this anymore .....
]

In talking with people from other freight companies, there are many that apply and cannot pass drug screen or have not enough experience. Many companies now do not want to have to train you.

]

Honestly think about it why would a young person want to get into this?? The job security & benefits of which we had is a "thing of the past," salaries steadily eroding, 12 hours a day 5 days a week never seeing your family where is the long term future in an industry that the government keeps putting more & more out of pocket expense for the driver & an industry that doesn't value your profession or you as a person

We have a kid from overtime deprived..also know as O.D. He was let go for rear ending another truck at a stop light and now he's working for us at ABF as a casual. Go figure! So much for being squeaky clean.

In talking with people from other freight companies, there are many that apply and cannot pass drug screen or have not enough experience. Many companies now do not want to have to train you.
No one applied to get turned down.....

As I said, The grass is not always greener on da other side of da fence!

Think long and hard before you decided!

In my 40 years of trucking, I have never worried about a job....leave one for another when it ran out...NEVER had a day of unemployment in 40 years!

If that happens again so be it.

I keep a clean and safe CDL....you will find work....the problem with some is, THEY WILL HAVE TO WORK....and that never bothered an old school Trucker....NO PENSION, NO EXTENSION!.....KK

In my 40 years of trucking, I have never worried about a job....leave one for another when it ran out...NEVER had a day of unemployment in 40 years!

If that happens again so be it.

I keep a clean and safe CDL....you will find work....the problem with some is, THEY WILL HAVE TO WORK....and that never bothered an old school Trucker....NO PENSION, NO EXTENSION!.....KK

I`m just curious KK,when you say no "no pension no extension",what exactly do you mean?

I`m just curious KK,when you say no "no pension no extension",what exactly do you mean?
Time for yrc to start paying their part into the pension. If some of you want to fuel the trucks out of your own pocket so be it, but restore the pension first....