Averitt | Just interviewed for a local job.

Rusty Moore

TB Lurker
Credits
Without going into a great big story I just interviewed for a local P&D job. Pretty much everything I expected them to say until they got to the part where they said the low guys on the totem pole might have to run line haul occasionly with the chance of it being an overnighter. Can anyone relate to this or has ever heard of it?

I would be returning to Averitt if I accepted the position, Averitt is a way better company than the one I work for now. But I like my current schedule & my hours too much to take a job were they could fluctuate so drastically. Has anyone ever ran into this?

Without going into a great big story I just interviewed for a local P&D job. Pretty much everything I expected them to say until they got to the part where they said the low guys on the totem pole might have to run line haul occasionly with the chance of it being an overnighter. Can anyone relate to this or has ever heard of it?

I would be returning to Averitt if I accepted the position, Averitt is a way better company than the one I work for now. But I like my current schedule & my hours too much to take a job were they could fluctuate so drastically. Has anyone ever ran into this?
Many non union ltl uses low man to fill linehaul when needed. Not unusual. Most likely a rare occurrence. Best bet is to ask a local driver at Averitt

Our new drivers are told the same. At Knoxville that means if a Chicago laydown driver is on vacation there is a chance you may have be in a hotel in Chicago on Tuesday and Thursday. That run is 2750 miles a week, so excellent money. Our linehaul runs the night shift.

I was offered and accepted the position I was just curious about it because he did mention something about the layover run. But once or twice every few months I wouldn't care actually would be a nice change of pace probably.