Reddaway | Just look for the signs

thewatcher

TB Lurker
Credits
I remember when we got some new trailers at Bestway about 6 years ago and they came with no logo, only said USF on the side. Then we were given a new computer program to start using, (the same one all USF's were to be using) What I am saying is this was put in motion long ago. USF was putting a product together to be sold. So my advise to those of us that are left is look for changes within the company that will be making us a good fit, or product to be sold or merged into another. This would be the universal paint jobs on all equipment. Making our software a seamless extension of someone elses and so on. If you see this start to happen, well then, it's only time.

I remember when we got some new trailers at Bestway about 6 years ago and they came with no logo, only said USF on the side. Then we were given a new computer program to start using, (the same one all USF's were to be using) What I am saying is this was put in motion long ago. USF was putting a product together to be sold. So my advise to those of us that are left is look for changes within the company that will be making us a good fit, or product to be sold or merged into another. This would be the universal paint jobs on all equipment. Making our software a seamless extension of someone elses and so on. If you see this start to happen, well then, it's only time.

DHL is losing so much money on their US operations, there is speculation that mother ship Deutsche Post should shut it down. Check out Transport Topics Dec 17 page 8.Even if you take into consideration the stock price of YRC makes it a prime takeover target, I would find it hard to believe DHL would take on more.

DHL is losing so much money on their US operations, there is speculation that mother ship Deutsche Post should shut it down. Check out Transport Topics Dec 17 page 8.Even if you take into consideration the stock price of YRC makes it a prime takeover target, I would find it hard to believe DHL would take on more.

By no means am I a corporate wizard for this thing but I find it odd that DHL isn't competitive with its own competition. UPS and Fed Ex are their competition and DHL has no trucking division. They need that to offer the same services as their competition. Until they do they will not be able to tap into some of the same markets that the big boys have ahold of.

By no means am I a corporate wizard for this thing but I find it odd that DHL isn't competitive with its own competition. UPS and Fed Ex are their competition and DHL has no trucking division. They need that to offer the same services as their competition. Until they do they will not be able to tap into some of the same markets that the big boys have ahold of.

Does DHL really need a trucking division? Maybe they're doing well enough with thier current interests.No need to stick your neck out till the dust settles. and lets face it, the ltl industry is just a little to dusty!!

Does DHL really need a trucking division? Maybe they're doing well enough with thier current interests.No need to stick your neck out till the dust settles. and lets face it, the ltl industry is just a little to dusty!!

I always preface this by claiming not to be a businessman, I'm just operating by common sense. In terms of the world market you must be competitive. In terms of the big 3, DHL is the only worldwide small package company that doesn't have a heavy freight division. Now we have gotten to a point where profit is obtained by squeezing a penny out of something and multipying it by hundreds of thousands to make it look like a chunk of money. I would think that DHL needs a piece of the "heavy freight pie" to get that extra penny in this country.

I always preface this by claiming not to be a businessman, I'm just operating by common sense. In terms of the world market you must be competitive. In terms of the big 3, DHL is the only worldwide small package company that doesn't have a heavy freight division. Now we have gotten to a point where profit is obtained by squeezing a penny out of something and multipying it by hundreds of thousands to make it look like a chunk of money. I would think that DHL needs a piece of the "heavy freight pie" to get that extra penny in this country.

UPS and FedEx aren't doing as well this year either. And as far as the freight (trucking) division goes, if anything, it's advertisement for the overall corporation.

Now I think a lot of things are becoming the same. I know that our computer system is linked between Yellow, Holland and Reddaway and our Trucks are becoming same model Volvo's in a lot of places between Yellow, Roadway, Holland and Reddaway. Also the decals that they're putting on our trucks and trailers are "Easy to remove" decals (Quoted by one of our maintenance supervisors). So I think that the signs are there throughout YRCW.

UPS and FedEx aren't doing as well this year either. And as far as the freight (trucking) division goes, if anything, it's advertisement for the overall corporation.

Now I think a lot of things are becoming the same. I know that our computer system is linked between Yellow, Holland and Reddaway and our Trucks are becoming same model Volvo's in a lot of places between Yellow, Roadway, Holland and Reddaway. Also the decals that they're putting on our trucks and trailers are "Easy to remove" decals (Quoted by one of our maintenance supervisors). So I think that the signs are there throughout YRCW.

One aside here. We're getting a few new trucks and thank God they're not Volvos. They're Intertrashionals.