XPO | Just Quit Friday

jabba96

TB Lurker
Credits
Turned in my resignation this past friday i finally had enough of the bullsh*t. I was the 4th person in the last month month and a half to do so from that barn. I cant help but look at this company as a sinking ship with the way its ran, i hope im wrong because all the drivers are good people just trying to support their families. Goodluck to all thats still there and i hope it works out for you.

Turned in my resignation this past friday i finally had enough of the bullsh*t. I was the 4th person in the last month month and a half to do so from that barn. I cant help but look at this company as a sinking ship with the way its ran, i hope im wrong because all the drivers are good people just trying to support their families. Goodluck to all thats still there and i hope it works out for you.

How long did you work for Con-Way?

Rat

Rat

i was heading towards 2yrs

Are you getting out of the LTL business?

Rat

my dad has worked for conway(started when it was ccx) for 16yrs now and told me how this company used to be when you guys were growing and the christmas bonus you guys would get it was like he was talking about a different company and we both see how it is now. i asked him his opinion on what i should do and he said run like hell cause its going to get worse.

i love the freight business i wouldnt want to do anything else i know that sounds stupid to some but i really do enjoy it

Rat

i was heading towards 2yrs

no i am heading to another LTL company

Which one?

There is a point to my question.

Rat

What a shame, you started working for this company during one of it's most difficult transitions and now you're giving up. IMO, I don't think two years is enough time to properly evaluate if Con-way is a good choice going forward. Good luck at your next place of employment.

What a shame, you started working for this company during one of it's most difficult transitions and now you're giving up. IMO, I don't think two years is enough time to properly evaluate if Con-way is a good choice going forward. Good luck at your next place of employment.

i understand what your saying but 2yrs of my life wasted is better than 5 or 10 or 15 or worse yet being stuck somewhere you dont want to be. i talked to alot of the guys out there friday before i left and they all said to a man if i didnt have so much time in id be gone, and the morale there is terrible just a miserable place to be.

Two years isn't enough?...How do you figure?...

He isn't giving up...he is going to work for OD...I don't call that giving up.

If you read the original post he indicated being tired of the BS!...(not that Con-Way has any)...:hysterical:...

What I predicted and commented on in the past is now coming to fruition...only to get worse.

The exodus has begun...

Rat

Two years isn't enough?...How do you figure?...

He isn't giving up...he is going to work for OD...I don't call that giving up.

If you read the original post he indicated being tired of the BS!...(not that Con-Way has any)...:hysterical:...

What I predicted and commented on in the past is now coming to fruition...only to get worse.

The exodus has begun...

Rat

Thanks rat. The worst part about it is i enjoyed working with all the guys from drivers to dock workers most are all hardworking great people but you see what a drain this place is on them ive talked to the vets that started around the same time as my dad and while listening i kept thinking to myself wow is this going to be me am i going to be this miserable 10yrs down the road and if so i got 30+yrs till i retire is it worth it? the answer for me and most is no.

Thanks rat. The worst part about it is i enjoyed working with all the guys from drivers to dock workers most are all hardworking great people but you see what a drain this place is on them ive talked to the vets that started around the same time as my dad and while listening i kept thinking to myself wow is this going to be me am i going to be this miserable 10yrs down the road and if so i got 30+yrs till i retire is it worth it? the answer for me and most is no.

Best of luck and I hope it works out well for you..

I understand. I've been here 10 years and I'm on the edge. I wil give it another year or so and see what happens (unless an opportunity falls in my lap). I'm not seriouly looking for another job, but I am seriously consididering doing so. I can't see much being different staying in the LTL industry, I am cosidering a whole career change. Maybe automotive, maybe dealership. I've been taking classes for another career, classes that will benefit this one, but also open up more possibilities.

The lying has got to stop. CGO needs to take responsibility and stop blaming local management for everything. They need to stop pushing BS work on locals. Lean Six Sigma is a joke, we spend too much time making too many policies that only make things worse. I almost jumped ship, but decided to stick it out and see what happens with Stotler at the helm. I don't like the whole blame Labrie theory, he was not alone in his decisions, but I am hoping that things will change.

I understand. I've been here 10 years and I'm on the edge. I wil give it another year or so and see what happens (unless an opportunity falls in my lap). I'm not seriouly looking for another job, but I am seriously consididering doing so. I can't see much being different staying in the LTL industry, I am cosidering a whole career change. Maybe automotive, maybe dealership. I've been taking classes for another career, classes that will benefit this one, but also open up more possibilities.

The lying has got to stop. CGO needs to take responsibility and stop blaming local management for everything. They need to stop pushing BS work on locals. Lean Six Sigma is a joke, we spend too much time making too many policies that only make things worse. I almost jumped ship, but decided to stick it out and see what happens with Stotler at the helm. I don't like the whole blame Labrie theory, he was not alone in his decisions, but I am hoping that things will change.

thats great and if you do decide to walk away then i hope your next venture makes you happy. also i agree with everything you said.