XPO | Just Quit Friday

Dude must of fell asleep and was sent home during orientation and the YES program. He never knew what Con-way used to be about. Course it doesnt matter now....so I guess ur right about not caring. Did they take away Commitment from the Values? How did you last 10 years??

Dude must of fell asleep and was sent home during orientation and the YES program. He never knew what Con-way used to be about. Course it doesnt matter now....so I guess ur right about not caring. Did they take away Commitment from the Values? How did you last 10 years??

Well, never meant to imply that I don't care. But, never believed the company did either.

All they really care about is that I go out and deliver and pick up freight every day.

All I really care about is that they pay me for what I do.

One thing stood out in not only my interview for the job, but my orientation as well. They had me sign a piece of paper that basically said they have a right to terminate me or my position in the company without notice, and I had to sign that I understood this. I mean really, is that something people in this industry don't already understand?

I mean, sure, at the local level, everyone knows me by name, and knows what I do, how I conduct myself with my customers, how committed I am to my job, and my territory, but beyond the local level, it's a number game, and it just so happens, it's an employee number. Beyond the local level, they don't know, it's a number thing, the numbers are good, that number keeps a job, the numbers are bad, the number loses his job.

Do they care about that lazy pr*ck that does the same job as you, but does less, or that maybe you end up picking up the slack for him? Nope, it's numbers, the numbers are still working, so nobody questions it. I spent over a year taking care of two areas on my own because they refused to re-hire for one territory because the numbers didn't add up to justify it. It wasn't until some bean counter somewhere along the way saw that I had worked 63 consecutive weeks maxed out at my 60 hours every week, and that the service failure rate in the two areas was higher than the company average, that I was told they were approving the re-hiring of the previously vacated position.

Once again, if anyone in this industry thinks any company, anywhere, is 'committed' to you, then you are in the wrong business. They are committed to the numbers, and nothing else. The sooner some people come to that realisation, the easier it will be to accept what they are doing for this company. I said it before and I will say it again. I was looking for a job when I found this one, and I'm still looking...

Doesn't mean I don't like this company, doesn't mean I don't like my job, just means that I understand their 'commitment' and therefore, I understand mine.

My hat goes off to you! I work for Estes (22yrs) and it was a great co. to work for but things change as we all know.Good to see that you have the nutts to change your destiny instead of being a closet complainer,best of luck to you.

good luck bro,i'm probably leavin as soon as a good enough opportunity comes along.i can't take all the lying and bs from cgo.they can't help themselves,they will LYE about anything.when the suits came for their little TOWN HALL MEETING you can just tell their lyin.after 5 1/2 yr i've had enough.they take and take for NO REASON. the only reason they're making these LITTLE PROMISES and belated TINY GIVEBACKS is because if the new CARDCHECK UNION LAW passes they are screwed.we were all anti-union when they treated us right,but to a man that is over

Cardcheck is dead. Do you really want the likes of hoffa involved?

One thing stood out in not only my interview for the job, but my orientation as well. They had me sign a piece of paper that basically said they have a right to terminate me or my position in the company without notice, and I had to sign that I understood this. I mean really, is that something people in this industry don't already understand?

Almost everything they want you to sign ends in "Grounds for Termination"

Best of luck to you. It is a great world out here. Do what you want to do, even when people tell you to be quiet, you do not know what you are talking about, and that will never happen. There is opposition and opportunity, go for what is best for you.