XPO | Just Quit Friday

I understand his frustration, but agree that hitting the bottom of the board at this time of the year is "dangerous" to the wallet. I will assume he may still stay at home with his parents.......and in this detirmination, I say congrats to getting out and movin on.

I wish you well on your decision. You are taking a gamble quitting and being at the bottom of someone elses driver board.

Thank you, I understand why you would think that as im sure many would but last monday i was sent home with only 5 hrs on the clock and the week before if it wasnt for a breakdown i wouldnt have even got 35hrs. so i dont think my chances are any worse making the move now.

I understand his frustration, but agree that hitting the bottom of the board at this time of the year is "dangerous" to the wallet. I will assume he may still stay at home with his parents.......and in this detirmination, I say congrats to getting out and movin on.

sometimes i wish i still did seeing as i live with my wife lol(shes great im jk). i would have just as good a chance being laidoff at either place especially with conway rasing prices like they did. Lifes about taking chances sometimes they work and sometimes they blow up in your face but i have faith in God and if it doesnt work then ill get back up dust myself off and move on like i always have. but i do thank everybody for their best wishes and good luck to you all.

Good luck jabba96, do us a favor, let us know how OD is. I will save my comments about them till then.Thanx.and all the best.

Two years isn't enough?...How do you figure?...

He isn't giving up...he is going to work for OD...I don't call that giving up.

If you read the original post he indicated being tired of the BS!...(not that Con-Way has any)...:hysterical:...

What I predicted and commented on in the past is now coming to fruition...only to get worse.

The exodus has begun...

Rat

sorry i coudnt help myself.....YouTube - SHOFAR

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck bro,i'm probably leavin as soon as a good enough opportunity comes along.i can't take all the lying and bs from cgo.they can't help themselves,they will LYE about anything.when the suits came for their little TOWN HALL MEETING you can just tell their lyin.after 5 1/2 yr i've had enough.they take and take for NO REASON. the only reason they're making these LITTLE PROMISES and belated TINY GIVEBACKS is because if the new CARDCHECK UNION LAW passes they are screwed.we were all anti-union when they treated us right,but to a man that is over

I guess I look at things from a different perspective. I was looking for a job when I hired on here over 10 years ago...and I'm still looking. As soon as something better comes along, I'll be gone.

In ten years, so far, nothing better has come along.

All of these companies are basically the same in the end when it comes to the BS, so a lateral move is not going to sway me to make a change. it has to be BETTER.

I guess I look at things from a different perspective. I was looking for a job when I hired on here over 10 years ago...and I'm still looking. As soon as something better comes along, I'll be gone.

All of these companies are basically the same in the end when it comes to the BS, so a lateral move is not going to sway me to make a change. it has to be BETTER.

I agree, same here, it has to be better to switch.....

I didnt feel this way. Con-way WAS a second home and I trusted everyone inside the building. I was NEVER looking for another job and even turned a few down as I WAS happy. Boy did that change. Now a days it may be acceptable to look at con-way as a stepping stone, but NEVER 10 years ago.

I didnt feel this way. Con-way WAS a second home and I trusted everyone inside the building. I was NEVER looking for another job and even turned a few down as I WAS happy. Boy did that change. Now a days it may be acceptable to look at con-way as a stepping stone, but NEVER 10 years ago.

Well, I've been in this industry too long I guess. I have never trusted any company I worked for. It has never been a decision between 'these guys are dirtbags and those guys aren't'. They are all dirtbags in this industry. All it boils down to is which dirtbags put more money in my (my wife's) pocketbook every week. So far, Con-way has done the best at paying me for my work, and giving me the most time at home.

Doesn't mean I trust them, or think they are the best, just means I get what I want or need out of them. Someone offers me something better, then I'm gone. I have as much loyalty for them as they have for me.

Some people lose sight of the fact that Con-Way is not the career, trucking is the career. Do what's best for your career, not what's best for Con-Way. Once some people tune into that reality, it makes the job much easier.

Go out, do your job and get your paycheck.

And as for the YES! seminars. Anyone remember those Amway sales pitches?

Same sh*t, all smoke. Do what is best for you, just like they do...

Come work for a real company over here at fedex freight we're hiring every where because of the merger alot dock and alot less bull s#@&

Come work for a real company over here at fedex freight we're hiring every where because of the merger alot dock and alot less bull s#@&

i ment alot less dock lol sorry!

Each LTL company has its fair share of bull ::shit:: ... fed ex .. conway .. ups .. saia .. r & l .. same ::shit:: different paint schemes on the trailer ... I am glad to hear you enjoy your job at fed ex .... thanks for visiting ...

Good Luck. I feel your pain. Most of the guy's I talk to feel the same way. I feel like somebody is watching every thing that we do. You are just a number anymore. No loyalty by management. We have more management now than we ever had.