Just received my letter of my 29% cut starting Oct.,I'm informed I can go back to work.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
The letter informed me that they realized the pension cut could cause some hardship.
So they are relaxing the bylaws,to allow post pensioners to return to work unlimited hours.
As long as it is with an employer paying into the pension fund.
However if working for a non-union company,the same rule applies that I can only work 40 hrs per month.

Thank you Teamsters for chopping my promised pension benefit,& encouraging me to return to trucking,now that I'm 73 & have been retired almost 10 years.

Oh well like anything I've learned,"Do your best & don't worry about the rest that I have no control over."

Last edited:
I feel for you Apostolic, sorry to hear about it. I don't know how you're supposed to survive. It sounds like they've added some of those restrictions to help keep YRC afloat, you can work for them all you want and they just can't seem to find any workers.

Apostolic, these officials of your local that are relaxing the bylaws to help you out while reducing your pension, I have to wonder how many years did they spent working midnights on a cold dock unloading trailers. Or how many years did they spend bouncing around in a p&d unit delivering freight. And how old are they now?

I'm not sure about the employment history of most of our locals officials.
However the VP was a UPS package car driver for a few years before becoming a trustee.

The thing that really frys my bacon is the fact that I may have been able to work part time in trucking after retiring.
But if I did I could have been fined,or worse lose my pension.

There was a driver I worked with at my last union LTL,that got caught working part time for a non-union trucking company.
He had to pay back the pension payments he received,or forfeit the rest of his pension.

So now that I'm older & it would be very hard to be able to be a trucker,let alone find a company willing to hire me.
The union sends me this letter informing me of the reduction,& encloses a form for me to return to work.

Oh well that is the breaks,thank God my wife is receiving a good pension from her 31 years driving a school bus.
Along with us both receiving social security,where the cut will hurt,but it won't hurt as bad as some other Teamsters I know.

The letter informed me that they realized the pension cut could cause some hardship.
So they are relaxing the bylaws,to allow post pensioners to return to work unlimited hours.
As long as it is with an employer paying into the pension fund.
However if working for a non-union company,the same rule applies that I can only work 40 hrs per month.

Thank you Teamsters for chopping my promised pension benefit,& encouraging me to return to trucking,now that I'm 73 & have been retired almost 10 years.

Oh well like anything I've learned,"Do your best & don't worry about the rest that I have no control over."
What a disgrace, union boss's will keep their multiple pensions while you get a 29% cut???? Hum, sounds like the very type of greed union boss's fight against????
But I have come to expect this from this group.
I am sorry that all of your hard work has brought you this...
Lesson learned.....