Estes | Just saying hello!

1 little lady

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi All! Just wanted to swing in and check out the "Estes" forum! Just got hired on w/Estes, (start tomorrow)...not sure what I'm in for? Was w/Con-way for the last several years, opted not to transfer, w/the 40 terminal shut-downs, to a different site. Managed to swing a job at a local Estes terminal one mile from my house....YES! Knowing the economy and the way thing's are going right now, not much security in it I'm afraid, so I'll definately be holding my own! Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

good luck its kinda scarey around here. welcome to the boards and get all them new friends of yours on the truckingboards. I'm outta Kansas City

Hi All! Just wanted to swing in and check out the "Estes" forum! Just got hired on w/Estes, (start tomorrow)...not sure what I'm in for? Was w/Con-way for the last several years, opted not to transfer, w/the 40 terminal shut-downs, to a different site. Managed to swing a job at a local Estes terminal one mile from my house....YES! Knowing the economy and the way thing's are going right now, not much security in it I'm afraid, so I'll definately be holding my own! Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

welcome Dena....:smilie_132:

Thanks all. Hopefully you mean the "boards" are scary and not working with Estes. Being a family owned business vs. the "Corporate BS" I have high hopes liking it here. I'm out of WA. I was one of the most "productive" ppl at our Con-way terminal, so I will be earning my keep at Estes also!

yeah scarey around estes, but alot of us are estes east. you west guys maybe in good shape. either way welcome to both (truckingboards / estes)

Welcome aboard Right now us easterners are spending more time on this forum than in our trucks. We are waiting on dooms day. :eek:

Welcome to THE BOARD Dena and to Estes. It is going to be scarey, here or anywhere. But as long as you keep your nose clean and listen to us OLD GUYS you'll be OK. Estes is a good company and we're financially sound. So welcome and look forward to your insight. SEE YA DOWN THE ROAD!!!

Managed to swing a job at a local Estes terminal one mile from my house....now that's a good deal!Welcome to what used to be called a 'family' still a good company providing you didn't get stuck with a little Adolph.Welcome aboard

Managed to swing a job at a local Estes terminal one mile from my house....now that's a good deal!Welcome to what used to be called a 'family' still a good company providing you didn't get stuck with a little Adolph.Welcome aboard

(Not sure if I'm doing this right here....) Yeah, I feel really lucky they fit me in! They opened this terminal a few months back and tried to get me to come aboard then (would stop me in my Con-Way truck, lol) I had a pretty good rep. on my previous route, (lotsa happy customers!) But my old boss won me over w/some kind words and a 2008 rig! (lol) They were a great bunch to work with... So I stayed. Then when we closed our terminal down, I basically crawled to Estes hoping they could "fit" me in! Whew, yes, very lucky! Terminal mgr. appears to be an awesome, level headed guy. I just can't wait to get to wear JEANS vs. those horrible baggy slacks! hehe AND yes, Rhondasman, I'm not one of those "know it all's" I'm always open to suggestions and feed back from everyone, no matter who you are, there is always room for improvement in my book! Thanks! :1036316054: