New Penn | Just Signed On With NP

UnionTrucka said:
the big guy set me up:poster_oops: i told him i was going to kick his a*s for that :chairshot:
You mean that he actually showed up at one of his rallys ? He didn't show up for the one last week in Hazlet NJ. I heard that they are by invitation only. Maybe because that way he doesn't get asked any tough questions.

I met him at a rally about 8 years ago when he was running against Cary.He need freight members back then I even got my picture taken shaking hands with him.
Hoffa was happy to answer my questions back then

Do you think that he is worried about getting enough votes to get elected ? Maybe thats why, according to Keegel, Hoffa chose to campaign on a loading dock in Chicago rather than to get his message out to all Teamsters by attending the debate. I doubt it.

In Boston the whole barn is Teamsters, Local 25, drivers and dock workers. Casual rate is $16 for dock and I believe $18 for drivers, once on the list the rate for junior drivers and dock workers is $16.26.

Are the New Penn trucks double-clutch trucks? I can not double-shift. The driving school never tought me to double-shift. Do the company train people to drive also?

Sovereign said:
Are the New Penn trucks double-clutch trucks? I can not double-shift. The driving school never tought me to double-shift. Do the company train people to drive also?
then how did you pass your driving test at the dmv?

Sovereign said:
I know the concept of double-clutching but doing it is another story.
Sovereign it is easy really, and I am not making this up. Literally, when your in 1st gear and ready to go to 2nd, push in the clutch as with a straight shift, then let out the clutch and pull your shifter back towards 2nd when you get to the neutral area ( just get close) puch the clutch back in and shift into second. If you can drive a straight shift you can double clutch, I know you can do it , have a little convidence in yourself. Not just anyone can pass the CDL Class A -straight shift or not, you passed it so I know you can double clutch. Just because you have never did it before doent mean you cannot do it. I used to think it sounded difficult, only because I had never had a chance to do it. When a driver showed me how to do it, I laughed at myself for being all nervous and scared I would mess up. All youre doing is clutching twice to shift 1 gear. Your probably only gonna have to do it for a road test, once you pass it then you can "float" ( not using the clutch ). If I was close by you I would be glad to take you out and show you, it would take me about 2 minutes to show you and I bet you would laugh , then I would let you buy us a beer so we could laugh about it together.

Don't get doule-clutching confused with double shifting.. double-clutching means pumping the clutch as you're shifting.. once to get out of gear, once to get into the next one.. there's no such thing as a"double clutch truck"it works on all trucks..double shifting, to me means starting out in 2nd gear, from a stop, then skipping a gear as you accellerate, to 4th, then 6th, etc.. there's no need to grab each gear, unless you're on a hill, with a heavy load

, it's really about your RPM'S when shifting.other than starting out, you can shift without the clutch. not to confuse you, but you can hear it and after awhile it will be 2nd nature to you, and you won't even think about it.the more neverous you get, the more gear grinding you'll do. your in ny,at maspeth? they have all macks, and it will take longer for RPM's to drop than in the internationals at other terminals.everybody grinds a gear now and than, if you miss gear dont freak out, just wind in up and you get it in gear. the longer it takes to find a gear, the slower you will go, so you might have to wind those macks up pretty high to get it to drop in. just cause you missed a gear doesnt mean you failed driveing test . just keep your cool , find a gear and keep on truck'n.internationals shift a bit quicker . good luck