Pitt-Ohio | Just started Pitt Ohio West Chester, Ohio (Cincy)

cossack

TB Lurker
Credits
Just started Pitt Ohio Cincinnati. Hired off the street for line haul. Got 9 years line haul at Con Way freight, couple months with FEDEX ground, couple months with AAA Cooper (the worst company in LTL, IMO) and some time in metal recycling with Stone transport. Been training for two weeks. So far, so good. Only thing that I don't like, is having to drive from NKY to West Chester to work.

Last edited:
Welcome! I don’t know how Pitt Ohio will compare to the other LTLs you’ve worked for but I’m guessing they’re a bit more laid back than what you’re used to with the larger national carriers. Hopefully your schedule will at least keep out of rush hour traffic for your commute.

Thanks. Not too worried about it. What worries me is the 2 am start time. I'm usually in the bed around 9 and up at 4.
That’s probably the most common start time for inbound dockworkers. It will give you some good insight on the process of moving the freight from linehaul trailers to city trucks. If this is your first LTL job be prepared to see some (mostly) organized chaos.

I work in Roanoke. It is normal for first week. Some of that time will be watching videos and doing paperwork (w-4, etc). Your second week will be riding with John. Mostly learning the computer in the truck and how to do the delivery receipts.
Thank you sir. I start at 2 am on Jan. 4th, look forward to meeting you.

That’s probably the most common start time for inbound dockworkers. It will give you some good insight on the process of moving the freight from linehaul trailers to city trucks. If this is your first LTL job be prepared to see some (mostly) organized chaos.
Thanks. This is my first LTL job, which is what has me a bit nervous. I've been at my other job (a dedicated route) for 6 years, but the money is way better here.

Thanks. This is my first LTL job, which is what has me a bit nervous. I've been at my other job (a dedicated route) for 6 years, but the money is way better here.
From what I’ve seen, they try to go easy on you during the learning process. It can be stressful at times while you’re trying to get all your deliveries and pick ups done while dealing with the various you might encounter, but on the other hand there are those days where everything just falls perfectly into place. Work and drive safely and give it your best and you’ll do fine here. Good luck!

From what I’ve seen, they try to go easy on you during the learning process. It can be stressful at times while you’re trying to get all your deliveries and pick ups done while dealing with the various you might encounter, but on the other hand there are those days where everything just falls perfectly into place. Work and drive safely and give it your best and you’ll do fine here. Good luck!
Thank you!

I always thought P/D would be stressful. However, I would love to work during daytime. However, it is what it is.