XPO | just venting!

huey29

TB Lurker
Credits
ok ,.i am not sure where to start this but ,.here goes. when i go to reship i have but one agenda,. breaking at least 2 breakers ( this covers the loads i brought) ,..and loading any docked freight i have goin back to xef,.now with that in mind as soon as there 2 loads closed i am ready to get home. which is the way its supposed to work wheter its 1a.m. or 5 a.m... well i am sick of hearing drivers tell me how a gonna make any money ? theres work that eeds to be done. the dock isnt clean ,.the sun isnt up etc,..you know i want to say why dont you worry about your own paycheck and not mine. what is the purpose of staying at a reship till the bitter end ? especially if your the number one driver and there are 2 or three guys there under you . i guess my point is this,..a driver shoudl be able do his fair share no more or no less of the work close two trailers and go ,.unless of course he is the only one there from his sic. then i can see why a guy would stay till the end. i have been accused several times of not beinga team player ,.but tis kinda hard when your playing on the losing team. thats why i want to hurry up and get out of there. about 6-8 hours a day is all i can stand of this place. ever since mr.m took over i have seen alot drop in morale and when morale is down so is production.

huey29 said:
ok ,.i am not sure where to start this but ,.here goes. when i go to reship i have but one agenda,. breaking at least 2 breakers ( this covers the loads i brought) ,..and loading any docked freight i have goin back to xef,.now with that in mind as soon as there 2 loads closed i am ready to get home. which is the way its supposed to work wheter its 1a.m. or 5 a.m... well i am sick of hearing drivers tell me how a gonna make any money ? theres work that eeds to be done. the dock isnt clean ,.the sun isnt up etc,..you know i want to say why dont you worry about your own paycheck and not mine. what is the purpose of staying at a reship till the bitter end ? especially if your the number one driver and there are 2 or three guys there under you . i guess my point is this,..a driver should be able do his fair share no more or no less of the work close two trailers and go ,.unless of course he is the only one there from his sic. then i can see why a guy would stay till the end. i have been accused several times of not beinga team player ,.but tis kinda hard when your playing on the losing team. thats why i want to hurry up and get out of there. about 6-8 hours a day is all i can stand of this place. ever since mr.m took over i have seen alot drop in morale and when morale is down so is production.
The reason they want you to stay is,You do a very good job.I ones that do that our the ones the get it in the tail.The dead beats they don't mess with.I know 2 dsr's from the same barn.The first pull dsr is a little slow and doesn't do very much,So they turn him with what ever they have,One or two loads,what ever.The second dsr is a lot faster and is more on the ball.When the second dsr is first,They keep him 2 to 3.5 hours.So much for pride.

Sad to say it gfy, but that's one thing that's not really that much different in the south. It happens down here too, unfortunately.

Huey, just cover your own behind, keep your head down, and don't let them discourage you. They want you to stay because they know you'll end up doing their share of the labor too. If everyone would do what you do (their fair share), then EVERYONE would be outta there in half the time. Imagine that.

DragRacer said:
Sad to say it gfy, but that's one thing that's not really that much different in the south. It happens down here too, unfortunately.

Huey, just cover your own behind, keep your head down, and don't let them discourage you. They want you to stay because they know you'll end up doing their share of the labor too. If everyone would do what you do (their fair share), then EVERYONE would be outta there in half the time. Imagine that.
If the supervisors would do the job that they are paid to do and lead by example.This kind of stuff would go the way of disco.gone.If you want to have a little fun with them?The next time a supervisor tells you to seal and close a load,Just tell him that its against company policy.Only a on duty supervisor can seal,close down and fill out the last parts of a manifest.Inform the supervisor that if force to you will have to contact Conway security about this.It works great,To see the look in their eyes.This Is good to.Sure I can stack it,But the skid sticker says do not stack.We have no load racks can you sign the manifest please.Have fun that what its all about.You can fight them with there rules.

huey29 said:
well i am sick of hearing drivers tell me how a gonna make any money ? theres work that eeds to be done. the dock isnt clean ,.the sun isnt up etc,..you know i want to say why dont you worry about your own paycheck and not mine.

If you have drivers at your place like I have at mine; they cannot afford to leave early.. Between the $35,000 truck the $30,000 ranger bass boat and the $20,000 plus Harley with $3000 in extras and the $300,000 house. They cannot afford to leave early.. And they cannot stand the fact that you are not as ignorant as them,it really gets to them..Misery loves company..

It's the same at all the co's.

I was told by a sup in LIN that they give the via's to the guys from centers that are slow on the dock and have the guys that bust butt stay and do just that.

So in effect you get punished for doing a good job.

We also have guys at a center that when they are arriving the top 3-4 guys have already been there working the dock for a couple hours and they too act like it's a crime that you are leaving them to work the dock by themselves, the amount of time they spend on the dock before they get closed out is also a few hours, but somehow they don't see this as fair??

Oh well, lol.

FM

this is why i like first in first out. when 2 trailers are ready to go, the next in line leaves. xco is doing a good job with this right now. unless some one is short on hrs, this is the way to do it imo.

badlionsfan said:
this is why i like first in first out. when 2 trailers are ready to go, the next in line leaves. xco is doing a good job with this right now. unless some one is short on hrs, this is the way to do it imo.
Why would anyone be short on hours.Unless its Friday.We both no that no service center would never send a driver out on a run if he didn't have the hours to finish the run and make it home.

gfy said:
Why would anyone be short on hours.Unless its Friday.We both no that no service center would never send a driver out on a run if he didn't have the hours to finish the run and make it home.
yeah that's why i came in at 1 pm on a friday a few weeks ago and was sent out on a run.

same problems here

Yeah, that is true about giving the dsr(whos draggin azz)on the dock the via. I did a run to NBM(last man) and was dealing with a stomach virus, so basically I was kinda sluggish as compared to other nights when I'm just straight "humpin" freight. Those bonehead supervisors sent me via to NMO two hrs before the sun came up! By the time I got there(6am),dropped,rehooked,etc, it was 0630 and I had to be back home at NAT by 1000 or I'd run outta hrs. Make a long story short, I ran outta hrs 1 mile from terminal!

NBM is known for screwing drivers over like that regularly, all complaints to the regional mgr apparently has fallen on deaf ears so I don't sweat it,just do what I have to do and get home everyday(whenever I get a run,I'm at the low end of the board:biglaugh: )

Another thing,you guys are right about these nosey dsr's worrying about how you make your money! I may not run everyday, but that does'nt mean I wanna work the dock for 12hrs everyday! They may have to pay child support and car/house notes, but I still have somewhat of a life:duh:

Love the site btw:cool: