Holland | Just vote no. Call their bluff

rtm457

TB Lurker
Credits
. Why is it always us giving back. We are tired of giving back and getting nothing in return. Junk equipment that can't be fixed. 200 dollars a week that we gave back. No pension. The 25 percent that they are paying is not increasing our pension on a yearly basis, it is only paying back the 100+ milliion dollars the YRC owes Central States. 5 top management people making over 1 million per year salary and benefits.
Sure they still have a pension plan. This whole deal from the beginning was a Union busting tactic. This is just another step of weakening the Union and worker's rights. They are not going to be happy unless we revert to 1920 work habits. 15 hours a day 7 days a week. Get hurt they fire you. Don't show up because you are sick they fire you. And for another thing this Attendance policy they are trying to lay on us: What if you get seriously ill or injured and you are in the hospital off and on for 3 months. You use your five sick days then the rest of your time off is unexcused for over 5 more days. You get fired? And do you think for one second we will ever see any profit sharing? No way. The books will be cooked to make it look like darn we just missed the number. Sorry. And as far as the 750 dollar bonus: That is pocket change to the company. A raise would get you over 2000 dollars a year at 55 hours, and that is every year here on out. Once you get the 750 dollars thats a one time deal and thats it. So no we are not closed minded. Just vote no and call their bluff. Remember if they do close the doors management is out of jobs also. Are they really going to hurt themselves. We'll see. Don't fall for the first offer or else you'll fall for anything. The freight won't disappear it has to go somewhere. We will all have jobs tomorrow. Will management? Especially the ones that ran a once great company in the ground? I doubt it. SO ONCE AGAIN JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!

This company is not going anywhere.
Vote NO
They will do this again is a few more years if you keep voting yes.
All others will follow to be on par with the market.

Years!? Try months!!! If this passes they will be back for more right after; "The worst winter in years" they'll claim the need relief because of Snow, Cold, Bla Bla Bla.....

Years!? Try months!!! If this passes they will be back for more right after; "The worst winter in years" they'll claim the need relief because of Snow, Cold, Bla Bla Bla.....
They've used the "snow storm" excuse for their failure every year since the concessions began. Just bad luck I guess. I doubt that there were ever any snow storms throughout the country before these concessions began. lol

Can you say INCOMPETENT?

Been trying to tell people that same message for quite a while. We go down there will be companies looking for help bigtime. That will bring wages up. As far as nonunion carriers not hiring former union employees, BS! They will be scrambling to find drivers that are willing to do the work we do because there are many drivers that won't work under the conditions we tolerate. If yellow want's to drive wages down to the level of j b hunt than get j b hunt to work under our work conditions. The route they are following will give some of the smaller companies a real nice edge to expand. It would be nice to work for a company that understands what we go through day in and day out instead of some a#@hole who went to collage on their parents money and think the are better than everyone of us. That is until their plumbing screws up and than an uneducated worker comes and fixes it at 70.00 dollars an hour with minimum service charge because they have no common sense, and can't figure out anything their collage professor didn't spell out for them!

With all of these yes votes in a row the Companies position will for ever be The concessions will continue until the moral of the employee's improves.VOTE NO

. Why is it always us giving back. We are tired of giving back and getting nothing in return. Junk equipment that can't be fixed. 200 dollars a week that we gave back. No pension. The 25 percent that they are paying is not increasing our pension on a yearly basis, it is only paying back the 100+ milliion dollars the YRC owes Central States. 5 top management people making over 1 million per year salary and benefits.
Sure they still have a pension plan. This whole deal from the beginning was a Union busting tactic. This is just another step of weakening the Union and worker's rights. They are not going to be happy unless we revert to 1920 work habits. 15 hours a day 7 days a week. Get hurt they fire you. Don't show up because you are sick they fire you. And for another thing this Attendance policy they are trying to lay on us: What if you get seriously ill or injured and you are in the hospital off and on for 3 months. You use your five sick days then the rest of your time off is unexcused for over 5 more days. You get fired? And do you think for one second we will ever see any profit sharing? No way. The books will be cooked to make it look like darn we just missed the number. Sorry. And as far as the 750 dollar bonus: That is pocket change to the company. A raise would get you over 2000 dollars a year at 55 hours, and that is every year here on out. Once you get the 750 dollars thats a one time deal and thats it. So no we are not closed minded. Just vote no and call their bluff. Remember if they do close the doors management is out of jobs also. Are they really going to hurt themselves. We'll see. Don't fall for the first offer or else you'll fall for anything. The freight won't disappear it has to go somewhere. We will all have jobs tomorrow. Will management? Especially the ones that ran a once great company in the ground? I doubt it. SO ONCE AGAIN JUST SAY NO!!!!!!!
Why, you will just have to vote again until you get it right.:hysterical:

Another reason I will be voting no is because they throw this crap at us here at Christmas time. They have NO hearts whatsoever! It would be nice to be thinking about what to get your family and being in the Christmas spirit but NOOO we have to worry if we need to be putting in resumes! Merry Christmas everybody, Welch i hope you choke on a ham bone! Something else we don't get anymore!!

Another reason I will be voting no is because they throw this crap at us here at Christmas time. They have NO hearts whatsoever! It would be nice to be thinking about what to get your family and being in the Christmas spirit but NOOO we have to worry if we need to be putting in resumes! Merry Christmas everybody, Welch i hope you choke on a ham bone! Something else we don't get anymore!!

If this passes the race to the bottom will be complete.

My NO ballet is in the mailbox. And all I can say is after Scott Ware came to our barn to do Q & A I feel more members at my barn will also vote no, he is a smooth talker but at the end of the day we are all tired of giving more so upper management can continue to receive bonuses and mismanage funds during our give back. The only thing I can say is that he did man up and tell us that he was getting bonuses and of how much, and when things got very tense he took it. At the same time don't try to factor in my pension as a benefit when there only paying in at 25%, at that rate as far as I am concerned I don't have a pension since I may never be vested at a decent amount.