New Penn | Kearny Terminal Being Co-habitated

Keepingon

TB Legend
Credits
The new eastern division VP told the employees on Wednesday that the terminal has been sold to a real estate investment company.

They will co habitate a building with YRC and will move to the Carlstadt Or Kearny terminal they claim they are not sure witch one yet, but they need to be moved by February 1st.

He told employees it’s a “Co habitate” not a merge the companies will operate independently and no jobs will be lost.

whats that terminals age...maybe 13-14 years old, it was just getting finished when yellow started this buying ::shit:: of roadway...so now we go to some :shit:hole 60 year old terminal....they are so clueless on how to make money, they sell are terminals....course they get to keep 40 to 60 million of terminal sales, watch the raises get passed out this year for the top dogs, already did with peirson getting almost double what last CFO made and 500,000 signing bonus...is there actually room to move across the street???

whats that terminals age...maybe 13-14 years old, it was just getting finished when yellow started this buying :::shit::: of roadway...so now we go to some :::shit:::hole 60 year old terminal....they are so clueless on how to make money, they sell are terminals....course they get to keep 40 to 60 million of terminal sales, watch the raises get passed out this year for the top dogs, already did with peirson getting almost double what last CFO made and 500,000 signing bonus...is there actually room to move across the street???
They owned and sold this one and pay rent on the ones they are moving into.

The new eastern division VP told the employees on Wednesday that the terminal has been sold to a real estate investment company.

They will co habitate a building with YRC and will move to the Carlstadt Or Kearny terminal they claim they are not sure witch one yet, but they need to be moved by February 1st.

He told employees it’s a “Co habitate” not a merge the companies will operate independently and no jobs will be lost.

No room in Carlstadt.

No room in Carlstadt.
Losing freight is always an option. That might be something they can actually accomplish.
Don't tell anybody they can actually accomplish something.....they might think they're worth a million or 2 more. Or somebody who hands out their salary might.

interesting turn of events here. from what i was told they have been slow for some time. NEMF going out of business was supposed to change that but apparently that was temporary. the freight dried up and all the NEMF guys were laid off again. i guess all that cheap went to competitors. this entire situation is a shame

Killing the New Penn administration jobs was a colossal mistake, plenty of freight was lost with move.

And this new all star sales team that now operates under “HNRY” is a complete mystery,
No one has ever seen them, no employees know who they are, if you have a customer that asks for a salesperson you can’t give them the contact info because even management at the terminals don’t have it.

Now we’re taking a 94 door terminal and moving it into a shared terminal where they get 45 doors and half the yard space ?

Of all the stupid ::shit:: I’ve seen go on with this company since yellow took over the stupid ::shit:: their doing know beats it all.

Killing the New Penn administration jobs was a colossal mistake, plenty of freight was lost with move.

And this new all star sales team that now operates under “HNRY” is a complete mystery,
No one has ever seen them, no employees know who they are, if you have a customer that asks for a salesperson you can’t give them the contact info because even management at the terminals don’t have it.

Now we’re taking a 94 door terminal and moving it into a shared terminal where they get 45 doors and half the yard space ?

Of all the stupid :::shit::: I’ve seen go on with this company since yellow took over the stupid :::shit::: their doing know beats it all.
agree with the HNRY comment. no management at my terminal knows who they are. as for S.Kearny, this was planned for months, if not longer. freight has been disappearing from that terminal systematically, all the while FXF, ADP & SAIA are all busy. a real estate buddy of mines told me YRC had been receiving offers for that yard due to the rezoning of that area. once those offers started becoming realistic, freight & men started leaving. they shrunk everything but blamed it on accounts not making us any money. alot of thought the work from NEMF would stabilize things but that was just a temporary money grab. YRC and their hierarchy will ALWAYS be FOS about everything they do & say

agree with the HNRY comment. no management at my terminal knows who they are. as for S.Kearny, this was planned for months, if not longer. freight has been disappearing from that terminal systematically, all the while FXF, ADP & SAIA are all busy. a real estate buddy of mines told me YRC had been receiving offers for that yard due to the rezoning of that area. once those offers started becoming realistic, freight & men started leaving. they shrunk everything but blamed it on accounts not making us any money. alot of thought the work from NEMF would stabilize things but that was just a temporary money grab. YRC and their hierarchy will ALWAYS be FOS about everything they do & say

Any news?

interesting turn of events here. from what i was told they have been slow for some time. NEMF going out of business was supposed to change that but apparently that was temporary. the freight dried up and all the NEMF guys were laid off again. i guess all that cheap went to competitors. this entire situation is a shame