New Penn | Kearny Terminal Being Co-habitated

That’s the one 72 2nd Street Kearny NJ. The terminal is 59 years old, the dock shows it’s age but the offices and break rooms seem to be well kept.

I had a CB radio stolen in that yard back in the 70's. Disappeared while I was waiting on a hook. Sometimes we waited 2 or 3 hours for a load there.

underwater isnt the half of it. you need a boat to get around.

The South Kearny terminals (New Penn and former Roadway) are about 1000 feet apart and the New Penn location was much closer to the water (Hackensack River). If one flooded the other did also since they're at about the same elevation above sea level.

The South Kearny terminals (New Penn and former Roadway) are about 1000 feet apart and the New Penn location was much closer to the water (Hackensack River). If one flooded the other did also since they're at about the same elevation above sea level.
when npme built the new terminal about 13 years ago, they some how fixed the flooding problem cause it doesn't flood anymore like it used to at the old terminal. got rid of haz mat ::shit:: also, who ever bought it got a clean piece of property!!

That rings a bell, was he the union rep or something like that? The dock guys were longshoremen right?

He was the steward (Teamster) back in those days (1970's). Don't remember for sure about the dock guys. You could be right though as that was also the case with some dock guys at PIE back then.

He was the steward (Teamster) back in those days (1970's). Don't remember for sure about the dock guys. You could be right though as that was also the case with some dock guys at PIE back then.

As I recall, Stash had a pretty good gig there, just sat around waiting for trouble.

As I recall, Stash had a pretty good gig there, just sat around waiting for trouble.
I had a 478 book back then and he would insist that we paid him 560 dues in order to work there as extras. When he moved up to the hall he was our BA at Red Star in Edison back in the early 80s. He was very well connected with you know who.

I had a 478 book back then and he would insist that we paid him 560 dues in order to work there as extras. When he moved up to the hall he was our BA at Red Star in Edison back in the early 80s. He was very well connected with you know who.

Gee, who exactly do you mean? :hilarious: :hysterical: :hide:

I also shaped there occasionally, usually on Mondays. I was in 707 at the time and he also gave me crap about paying dues to 560. Some years later when I was a road driver at another 560 job he became a BA at 560. I'll refrain from commenting about the deceased and what he did to us back then.