Keep my CDL without paying for a medical card?

i dunno, copy/paste the rules they fall under, i wish not to look it up myself...

49 CFR 390.3 (f), 391.2, 391.68, or 393.3.

that being said, "some states" actually have a check box that a retired or not working driver can check off that states he wants to keep his CDL.

my state has no such provision, the card just expires and we go to a operators license, until we renew the card again.

i am in a situation where i am not driving, due to my injury, and cannot pass a DOT, as it is right now. my CDL has been downgraded to the operators license even though i still have my CDL, just ain't legal for me to drive a CDL vehicle with it.

some states, when the card expires, one MUST go thru everything all over again....it's a state thing, the feds allow the downgrade, then a simple new DOT to get it back to legal......

in other words, it's a cash cow to some states......

i dunno, copy/paste the rules they fall under, i wish not to look it up myself...

that being said, "some states" actually have a check box that a retired or not working driver can check off that states he wants to keep his CDL.

my state has no such provision, the card just expires and we go to a operators license, until we renew the card again.

i am in a situation where i am not driving, due to my injury, and cannot pass a DOT, as it is right now. my CDL has been downgraded to the operators license even though i still have my CDL, just ain't legal for me to drive a CDL vehicle with it.

some states, when the card expires, one MUST go thru everything all over again....it's a state thing, the feds allow the downgrade, then a simple new DOT to get it back to legal......

That was my issue. My state sent me a letter stating my CDL would be revoked if I did not submit a medical exam. Bunch of bull if they are just going to not require it if you sign this obscure form? I just wasn't sure if I went about it correctly? I had never considered bee keepers being exempt from medical cards?

That was my issue. My state sent me a letter stating my CDL would be revoked if I did not submit a medical exam. Bunch of bull if they are just going to not require it if you sign this obscure form? I just wasn't sure if I went about it correctly? I had never considered bee keepers being exempt from medical cards?
it's up to you. you wanna continue working even if only once in a blue moon, or totally be retired..????

i'd go IN PERSON and talk to someone that is not, out to lunch....

"Cash Cow" = money for each state. And now you know why laws an restrictions vary from state to state. Every law needs to be the same, whether you're in California, or North Carolina.

"Cash Cow" = money for each state. And now you know why laws an restrictions vary from state to state. Every law needs to be the same, whether you're in California, or North Carolina.
I like the one in Missouri where the passenger can drink a beer in a moving vehicle and chuck it at the crazy truck drivers as they go by lol!

I like the one in Missouri where the passenger can drink a beer in a moving vehicle and chuck it at the crazy truck drivers as they go by lol!
There ya go. Either make that legal everywhere, or, maybe, juuust maybe, make it like NC law. Open container of alcohol in a moving vehicle gets you a ticket.

I'm offended that my friends in Virginia can use elephants to plow their fields, while here in NC, we can't use our herds and herds of wild roaming elephants to plow fields. How wrong is that?

My wifes CDL-A was downgraded because she no longer drove or will ever again drive a Commercial Vehicle.
By July 2017, my "medical card" will expire, I'll no longer be driving Commercial Vehicles because I will not renew it due to a certain "smoker test" which I barely passed last year.
It was fun when it was fun.
CHEERS!!

I'm offended that my friends in Virginia can use elephants to plow their fields, while here in NC, we can't use our herds and herds of wild roaming elephants to plow fields. How wrong is that?
10th Amendment. All power not specifically enumerated to the Feds goes to the Individuals and the States. Wars were fought to give you that Liberty to be different

10th Amendment. All power not specifically enumerated to the Feds goes to the Individuals and the States. Wars were fought to give you that Liberty to be different
Yeah. But we all know "you can't fight city hall"...so to say.