FedEx Freight | Kenworth T300

SMOKESTACK

Survival my only hope , success my only option.
Administrator
Credits
City drivers how are your T300 units holding up ?
Mine has 157k and not doing so well. :shift:

Mine has 128k been the shop more times than I can count oil leaks, rear seal leaks, air quit, belt has came off twice left me on the side of the interstate.

i have 229k on mine--got it new, and have had a few problems---nothing drastic, tho. front cover leaked oil, turbo blew at 210k, front wheel seals leaked,clutch went out after a rookie used it for a real heavy trailer swap. the trucks do have their limits, but i like it for ease of getting around, and the great visbility-- do wish the mirrors would't whistle all the time over 40 mph!!

I love my KW....we have 300k....had issues with the roof leaking...they fixed that. Driver side mirror whistles, drives me nuts sometimes. Also had a problem with the exhaust scrubber thingy...but I guess the fixed it. I love it!!!

I love my KW....we have 300k....had issues with the roof leaking...they fixed that. Driver side mirror whistles, drives me nuts sometimes. Also had a problem with the exhaust scrubber thingy...but I guess the fixed it. I love it!!!

You are not driving a T300 city unit my good friend.

OOps

I didn't know there was a difference in city/road. Our last "city" tractors were what I like to call "**** wagons", or smurfs. We shed them about 3 years ago thank the lord, I do drive a 10,000 series KW in the city.

We have 3 T300's at our yard. And it's very rare all 3 are in operating condition at the same time. I bid on one of them when they first came in, but soon realized the errors of my way. Even when they were brand new you had to keep a phillips head screw driver on you to put all the dash screws back in that fell out between stops.

I am durprised to read so few replies on this post. We have had nothing but troubles with our cities..Within the first 100k on mine, I was on my 5th turbo, fuel injestors, new piston rings, air compressor, DPF filter plugged and cleaned twice, severe hesitation upon acceleration, so, I got out of it as soon as I could....into another, with only a few problems since, fan belts, air compressor, a few oil leaks. I do know at our barn, some of the most of these tractors have had at least one if not more turbo replacements, fan come off one and right into the radiator. They are not trustworthy vehicles in any way shape or form. It seems as though they regen almost all day long unless you can leave them idling long enough to burn them out, then usually good for a couple hours before the next cycle starts up again, which always seems to be when your stuck in rush hour traffic.

Luckily I rarely get to drive one of those hot rods but I have noticed if you are trying to write while idling you have to floor it so the truck doesn't shake so much and so your writing is some what ledgible

i have 229k on mine--got it new, and have had a few problems---nothing drastic, tho. front cover leaked oil, turbo blew at 210k, front wheel seals leaked,clutch went out after a rookie used it for a real heavy trailer swap. the trucks do have their limits, but i like it for ease of getting around, and the great visbility-- do wish the mirrors would't whistle all the time over 40 mph!!
Take to shop and have them turn it down to 39. Problem solved.

We have 3 T300's at our yard. And it's very rare all 3 are in operating condition at the same time. I bid on one of them when they first came in, but soon realized the errors of my way. Even when they were brand new you had to keep a phillips head screw driver on you to put all the dash screws back in that fell out between stops.

You all get to bid on what truck you will have? Are you kidding me.

Just replaced the harmonic balancer seal on mine , it was leaking like a sieve.
We had to send it out since I think it was warranty work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally got out of my t300

After hitting my head on the door sill for the last time I made up my mind! The last city bid I bumped another driver out of a reclassed red runner. Best move I ever made. This Volvo with 834000+miles runs better than my 50000+mile T300. Also i didn't have to turn the exhaust pipe so it wasn't blowing at me with the window down...