Kenworth Trucks At Ups Now..??

could i then assume that the K/W's have the PACCAR disposable engine as well..???

the last mack i had at NEMF, had a mack engine. not sure, but i think it was built long before volvo bought mack.

only drove one volvo at my former employer that i got hurt at, it was a penske loaner at the time. cannot really recall how that truck performed, as well as my route was all on flat roads.

KW’s and Pete’s Come With Pacar Motors( Parent co) or opt for the Cummins engine. No other choices available.

KW’s and Pete’s Come With Pacar Motors( Parent co) or opt for the Cummins engine. No other choices available.

Truck manufacturers don't put competitors engines in their tractors anymore. ABF got the last Volvos with Detroit power in 2001.
Detroit diesel is part of the parent company Daimler- Benz, Mercedes/Freightliner/Western Star conglomerate. Sterling was also a part till Daimler -Benz decided to sunset the Sterling brand in 2009. Mack is owned by Volvo so naturally Mack has Volvo power now.
Navistar uses Cummins power now since MAXXFORCE engine problems came very close to bankrupting the company.

Truck manufacturers don't put competitors engines in their tractors anymore. ABF got the last Volvos with Detroit power in 2001.
Detroit diesel is part of the parent company Daimler- Benz, Mercedes/Freightliner/Western Star conglomerate. Sterling was also a part till Daimler -Benz decided to sunset the Sterling brand in 2009. Mack is owned by Volvo so naturally Mack has Volvo power now.
Navistar uses Cummins power now since MAXXFORCE engine problems came very close to bankrupting the company.
Hey Doc maybe I read it wrong but thought Cat was going to try to build eng's again for over the road use. Have you heard anything about that or maybe I'm just crazy thanks

Hey Doc maybe I read it wrong but thought Cat was going to try to build eng's again for over the road use. Have you heard anything about that or maybe I'm just crazy thanks

Navistar was planning to use a warmed over C-15 with double EGR for off road equipment. The last I heard they abandoned that idea when their own double EGR engines bit the dust. I have seen a few, & I mean very few Caterpillar dump trucks on the road but I don't know what they have for power. I have intended to research what Cat has listed for highway equipment. The off road/farm emission standards are very stringent now. A local Mahindra farm equipment advertises that Mahindra is the only tractor to meet the standards without DPF & SCR. I don't know how they do it, even though Mahindra is manufactured in India they should not be exempt from US emission laws. I guess I need to do some research on that too.
I don't think the Peoria crew will attempt to get back in the highway engine market. Their reputation was ruined with the 2007-2009 engines they built which was the last years they marketed highway engines.

Navistar was planning to use a warmed over C-15 with double EGR for off road equipment. The last I heard they abandoned that idea when their own double EGR engines bit the dust. I have seen a few, & I mean very few Caterpillar dump trucks on the road but I don't know what they have for power. I have intended to research what Cat has listed for highway equipment. The off road/farm emission standards are very stringent now. A local Mahindra farm equipment advertises that Mahindra is the only tractor to meet the standards without DPF & SCR. I don't know how they do it, even though Mahindra is manufactured in India they should not be exempt from US emission laws. I guess I need to do some research on that too.
I don't think the Peoria crew will attempt to get back in the highway engine market. Their reputation was ruined with the 2007-2009 engines they built which was the last years they marketed highway engines.
Thanks doc I knew farm equip was going that way between 2 uncles and family we have just under 2000 acres and we have been holding off on buying any new stuff, plus with the weather this year which didn't hurt us too bad lost about 400 acres of corn but beans look good and we did well with wheat, just can't leave a good thing alone, I saw a new Mahindra at the fair but didn't get to check out the power plant plus we only bleed green (JD)

Thanks doc I knew farm equip was going that way between 2 uncles and family we have just under 2000 acres and we have been holding off on buying any new stuff, plus with the weather this year which didn't hurt us too bad lost about 400 acres of corn but beans look good and we did well with wheat, just can't leave a good thing alone, I saw a new Mahindra at the fair but didn't get to check out the power plant plus we only bleed green (JD)

The commercial has a muffled, discreet disclaimer that also states that the engines that don't require emission controls are under a hundred horsepower. I would guess that with that much acreage much of your green fleet is well over the hundred horsepower rating. I am still interested how Mahindra manages to market even the hobby farm tractors without DPF or SCR while other manufacturers can't.
Incidentally, I use a 51 model 8N for mowing steep ditches & parts of mine & neighbors lawns. I have friends who still farm with 70's model Deere's.

The commercial has a muffled, discreet disclaimer that also states that the engines that don't require emission controls are under a hundred horsepower. I would guess that with that much acreage much of your green fleet is well over the hundred horsepower rating. I am still interested how Mahindra manages to market even the hobby farm tractors without DPF or SCR while other manufacturers can't.
Incidentally, I use a 51 model 8N for mowing steep ditches & parts of mine & neighbors lawns. I have friends who still farm with 70's model Deere's.
Oh heck ya well over that our 9560's on tracks are 550, the combines we just had uprated to 500 added about 100 hp which we can dial up and down as needed but then there is gramps old modal A johhny popper not sure of the year still runs we use it in parades we also have 2 4020 gas jobs which we use for small stuff one had end loaded on it

Oh heck ya well over that our 9560's on tracks are 550, the combines we just had uprated to 500 added about 100 hp which we can dial up and down as needed but then there is gramps old modal A johhny popper not sure of the year still runs we use it in parades we also have 2 4020 gas jobs which we use for small stuff one had end loaded on it
Quite a few antique tractor clubs in this area. Usually there are pulls along with the show. Many of the tractors in shows/pulls are still in use. I was talking to a country girl at a show a while back. She had an older two cylinder Deere. She didn't apologize for some mud that she didn't get cleaned off. She said they were made to use & if she wanted one that couldn't be used she would get a model & put it on a shelf.

Quite a few antique tractor clubs in this area. Usually there are pulls along with the show. Many of the tractors in shows/pulls are still in use. I was talking to a country girl at a show a while back. She had an older two cylinder Deere. She didn't apologize for some mud that she didn't get cleaned off. She said they were made to use & if she wanted one that couldn't be used she would get a model & put it on a shelf.
Yep had the Big tractor pulls in my area this weekend, Bowling Green,oh. pull town usa. Lots of heavy hitters from across the country from mini's to super semi's Tons of hp, black smoke, and blown up parts always a good time.

A mechanic in my companies Portland, Me shop is friends with the local Cat rep. He claims the emission standards for off road equipment is close to the on highway standards. When they are the same then Cat will re enter the truck market