Ketchup: Rudi Boelter is gone

Dammett

TB Lurker
Credits
For those that haven't heard, Ketchup (Rudi Boelter) passed away Sept 7 due to cancer, at age 67. He had been driving long haul otr for the last 33+ years.

"Another way, Another day, we'll Ketchup to ya" was his lil catch phrase when talkin to someone over the radio. He was always willing to help another trucker, and damned to hell all those tiny four wheelers. He rather take his truck to the grocerie store as other people frowned apon him going into their lane to make a right hand turn with a little buick.

Trucking was his life, if the wheel aren't goin round, not makin any money. Being his son, I grew up without him, for the most part. He'd be gone 2 or 3 weeks at a time, come home for 2 days, sleep most of it, then head out again. I took breaks from school whenever I could to make a run with him. Spent many a 4th of July and Turkey Day at truckstops with him. Only time we had to spend with each other was in the truck. I grew up traveling with him, make 3 or 4 trips a year. Drove through 47 of the United States. Had well over 1 million miles by the age of 15.

As I got older, I went with less and less. Looking back on it, I regret that.

This is for my Stubborn *** Truck Driving Dad.....I miss you.

Dammett please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.
He will live forever in your heart and every mile you drive .

R.I.P. ol Ketchup (Rudi Boelter)