Yellow | Kinda silly

And about 3mpg. I remember well the first GMC city tractors with power steering. I believe '77 or '78 models. Thought we died and went to heaven. Heaven has 102" wide Orange doors I've been told.
Old US 36 had 102 wide lanes too.

Wow, you mean tractors actually came with 2 seats?
This was similar to the DF 860 hydramatic 671s we had in 1956
ABF had a fleet of these GMC's. They were known as 'Bubble Nose'. They had 6-71 power & some did have hydramatic transmissions. That was before my time there but I enjoyed hearing equipment history from the older guys. I am considered to be an old timer but I was not even in school when Breeze started in the business.

ABF had a fleet of these GMC's. They were known as 'Bubble Nose'. They had 6-71 power & some did have hydramatic transmissions. That was before my time there but I enjoyed hearing equipment history from the older guys. I am considered to be an old timer but I was not even in school when Breeze started in the business.
I think we had 56 of these in Charl.
I understand G M paid all wrecker and breakdown fees.
We had them scattered between Charl and Atl along US 29.
We ran them about 18 mo. and got a new fleet of the same trucks with 10 spd RR.

I think we had 56 of these in Charl.
I understand G M paid all wrecker and breakdown fees.
We had them scattered between Charl and Atl along US 29.
We ran them about 18 mo. and got a new fleet of the same trucks with 10 spd RR.
As I remember stories about the Hydramatics, they logged about as many miles on the hook as pulling trailers. I also heard there was only one location somewhere in Michigan that had parts. A trailer with the letters ABF made a pick up there every day when parts were available.

And Yellow with 102 pups...surprise surprise.
Same accident from the from above link. There were 2 shutdowns there this week....hours long. Unsafe roadway.
I'm not pulling them thru there. No thanks.
Happens up there all the time.
I'm not dying in a truck for greedy bastards who think they need 1 guy pulling 3-4 guys worth of skids in there. And they supposedly lose money doing it. How can you lose money with one guy doing 3-4 guys worth of pulling everywhere, all the time?

7XUWFA6IKNFDHMPPK57PBY3PPY.md.jpg

I don't do Facebook but can see the first few stories without joining. The dates are separate....all the time.
No thanks on the doubles at NPME...bring them and there will be problems.

That's supposed to be Facebook I-78 Sucks page...accidents always.

Last edited:
And Yellow with 102 pups...surprise surprise.
Same accident from the from above link. There were 2 shutdowns there this week....hours long. Unsafe roadway.
I'm not pulling them thru there. No thanks.
Happens up there all the time.
I'm not dying in a truck for greedy bastards who think they need 1 guy pulling 3-4 guys worth of skids in there. And they supposedly lose money doing it. How can you lose money with one guy doing 3-4 guys worth of pulling everywhere, all the time?

7XUWFA6IKNFDHMPPK57PBY3PPY.md.jpg

I don't do Facebook but can see the first few stories without joining. The dates are separate....all the time.
No thanks on the doubles at NPME...bring them and there will be problems.

That's supposed to be Facebook I-78 Sucks page...accidents always.
That roadway 20 miles on either side of I 81 is in some kind of weather vortex. Winter is always unpredictable and deadly right there. On top of the fact that it is a horribly engineered road to begin with.

As I remember stories about the Hydramatics, they logged about as many miles on the hook as pulling trailers. I also heard there was only one location somewhere in Michigan that had parts. A trailer with the letters ABF made a pick up there every day when parts were available.
Yep, White Star Towing Co. did well with our GMCs
We had 15 or 20 transmissions in crates in the body shop.
They moved the 5th wheel back, and with a chain fall, they dropped in a new one in about 1 hr.

That roadway 20 miles on either side of I 81 is in some kind of weather vortex. Winter is always unpredictable and deadly right there. On top of the fact that it is a horribly engineered road to begin with.
You guys never ran hog-backed Ga 56 in the 50s
We had training wheels on the trailers to keep them on the road.

You guys never ran hog-backed Ga 56 in the 50s
We had training wheels on the trailers to keep them on the road.
Thanks.
Thanks for encouraging it.
LOL.
Why did you do that? Did you ever ask yourself that?
Or were the days when dispatch handed out pills with your bills?