Yellow | Knoxville shooting

Unfortunately, 2 drivers got into it. The senior driver was mad because the other driver passed him on a run to Bedford, VA, and beat him back to Knoxville, and when they got back the argument went on out in the parking lot. The junior driver pulled out a gun and shot the senior driver in the chest and he died this morning at 02:30 am. Just so sad that someone gets shot like this by someone who should know better about gun control. No damn run or job is worth shooting another human being over. Now two families' lives are runined!

Usually when a trucking company gets shot up in Nashville of all places, the driver or employee is disgrungled and got a gun and came back tot he place to take out the one person of his woes and others.

They would have nothing to lose except their lives at this point and that does not matter provided the object of their rage is taken out first.

Me thinks the trucking industry has been very abusive in genearl to suit the needs of Business and containing costs. Fire Driver jack for losing his lug nut somehwere instead of billing him 2.00 to put a replacement on.

That has to stop. We dont see Airline pilots standing outside the doorway to the boarding ramp arguing with their dispatch in front of 400 people about to fly on it. How many times have you stomped to your 40 ton rig in a blind rage after being dominated and bent over by a angry dispatcher? You are not safe at that point for a while. Its common.

Unfortunately, 2 drivers got into it. The senior driver was mad because the other driver passed him on a run to Bedford, VA, and beat him back to Knoxville, and when they got back the argument went on out in the parking lot. The junior driver pulled out a gun and shot the senior driver in the chest and he died this morning at 02:30 am. Just so sad that someone gets shot like this by someone who should know better about gun control. No damn run or job is worth shooting another human being over. Now two families' lives are runined!
Thank you kindly for the detail. Now I can understand in some tiny way. The media is never helpful. They give out nothing. In some areas like Baltimore they bend over backewards to avoid saying yet another black teenager knifed so and so at harborplace on friday night. Well duh.

I digress.... bear with me.

I am IDF trained (Just limited to Core handgun and a little Krav which means simply unarmed defense or attack) and worked at the Police Range learning Weaponry and other things there from those who possess the knowledge and materials to teach. I would find it very difficult to draw a gun as a concealed carry while just arguing. Or even being in a arguing situation. You would find that I do what I can to not be here. In a way when licensed carry. (We dont even need licensing anymore pretty much as a free blade state and now a open constitutional carry plus stand your ground just passed this year.) I am not some badass. Ive had just too many medical work done and frankly I would be happy not to have to lug anything around.

The company must have failed in their endless safety training courses that no one paid attention to and here we are again. And again. And again and again.

To think I almost hired on with that terminal earlier this year. Could have been me.
I had some oppoertunities in Nville. I had too much wanderlust at the time decades ago. However there was this one sweetheart I spent sometime with over dinner. Life is like that sometimes. Probably would have had a thousand kids with her by now. Sheesh. Sometimes things like that happen.

One of my grandparents was the 15h born to her parents in about 1910 or so. 15 KIDS.... whoo. AUGH.... (To be fair they had a small shareholding plantation)

Unfortunately, 2 drivers got into it. The senior driver was mad because the other driver passed him on a run to Bedford, VA, and beat him back to Knoxville, and when they got back the argument went on out in the parking lot. The junior driver pulled out a gun and shot the senior driver in the chest and he died this morning at 02:30 am. Just so sad that someone gets shot like this by someone who should know better I about gun control. No damn run or job is worth shooting another human being over. Now two families' lives are runined!
What makes you think this person should know better about gun control? It’s pretty obvious that he doesn’t. It’s a very sad situation that unfortunately happens many times each day perpetrated by unhinged individuals. It’s a sad commentary on the state of our nation that so many people are on the fringe of madness.

Usually when a trucking company gets shot up in Nashville of all places, the driver or employee is disgrungled and got a gun and came back tot he place to take out the one person of his woes and others.

They would have nothing to lose except their lives at this point and that does not matter provided the object of their rage is taken out first.

Me thinks the trucking industry has been very abusive in genearl to suit the needs of Business and containing costs. Fire Driver jack for losing his lug nut somehwere instead of billing him 2.00 to put a replacement on.

That has to stop. We dont see Airline pilots standing outside the doorway to the boarding ramp arguing with their dispatch in front of 400 people about to fly on it. How many times have you stomped to your 40 ton rig in a blind rage after being dominated and bent over by a angry dispatcher? You are not safe at that point for a while. Its common.
Knoxville not nashville

TOXIC work environment has to be addressed , to much Bullying & daily fights at work , company needs to address the TOXIC work problems !!
Why is it the company's problem if someone passes someone else on the road? Why is it the company's problem if someone can't control himself? Isn't it sadly the way things are today - it's always someone else's fault?

Why is it the company's problem if someone passes someone else on the road? Why is it the company's problem if someone can't control himself? Isn't it sadly the way things are today - it's always someone else's fault?
Question : So for 25 years we had 2 drivers that would daily picks fights & got into shoving matches with other drivers & dock workers and the company managers saw it , but never ever did anything to stop the the daily bullying & harrasemnt on company workplace . So WHO"S fault is it then ? Them 2 drivers made it a toxic work place and who's fault is it then ?

Question : So for 25 years we had 2 drivers that would daily picks fights & got into shoving matches with other drivers & dock workers and the company managers saw it , but never ever did anything to stop the the daily bullying & harrasemnt on company workplace . So WHO"S fault is it then ? Them 2 drivers made it a toxic work place and who's fault is it then ?
You had every right to call the police.
You should have.
That changes things. Sends a message.
Because the union doesn't want to get involved with Teamster vs Teamster.
We've had a BA tell us...if you think you are being harassed why didn't you call the police to show if you are serious or not.
And sometimes the company gets little edges when there is conflict with each other.
We had a safety guy who stepped on a guys toes to "jokingly" check if a guys boots were safety toe shoes.....wrong guy to do that to. Because he got fired at another place for throwing a boss to the ground for doing the same thing. Stepping on his toes. BA said call the police. Call it assault.
Another was a contracted cleaning crew owner who intentionally swept dirt on a guy like Billy Martin kicking dirt at an umpire....they called and had him removed for harassment or assault.
I don't think charges went anywhere but both guys were removed.

Last edited:
So the guy passed him on a run to VA and beats him back to Knoxville.

What happens when they get back to Knoxville?
Do they give the next run or pick to the first guy back?
Seriously is that of any importance at this time.
Two families lives have changed FOREVER and you want to discuss seniority. Have some respect for the circumstances.

Seriously is that of any importance at this time.
Two families lives have changed FOREVER and you want to discuss seniority. Have some respect for the circumstances.
Just wondering why the anger might be there.
Sorry Mr. bossman.
The circumstances were listed in the post with the info.
Wondering why it would bother somebody if they beat them to a terminal.
Possible little things could change little things. Maybe preventing future problems.
We've had an issue like that here but it wasn't dealt with in conflict. It took a little talk to avoid bigger problems. Instead of letting it grow. No animosity on either side with a little communication. Junior guy didn't mind and all is well since. He'd hurry and get more work. Bypassing others.
You can lead the prayer service now.

Last edited:
What makes you think this person should know better about gun control? It’s pretty obvious that he doesn’t. It’s a very sad situation that unfortunately happens many times each day perpetrated by unhinged individuals. It’s a sad commentary on the state of our nation that so many people are on the fringe of madness.
As a gun owner, part of the privilege to own one is to be able to control your anger and rage and be able to "control" your anger and NOT use the gun....maybe not in this case....but in general.